Toilet paper on the dinner table

rexpotter

More accustomed to finding those rectangles of tissue these days. Undersized yes, but hold together better than loo roll. 

I am embarrassed I got drawn into this topic. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, george said:

i'm so used to it after all these years here, mai bpen rai..

I noticed it in 2 restaurants / coffee shops in Sydney last year. 

Back in Thailand, 99% of toilets have a bum spray which is far more efficient / hygienic compared to toilet paper which just smears any residual faeces across the anal area and  doesn't remove it all. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I got used to it very quickly, as it is practical and cost-effective.

The only differences between toilet paper, and the more expensive paper serviettes, paper towels, and Kleenex tissues, are in appearance and packaging.

The process used to make the paper which goes into the various products is the same, there is no difference in the level of hygiene.

White paper is produced by bleaching wood pulp with chlorine, sulphite or peroxide, any bacteria or viruses are destroyed.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not dunny paper it's tissues in a roll instead of a box for all you clueless heathens.

I bet you still laugh at farts.🤪🤣🙃

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Yikes, is bob making a return...

Bob's your uncle Fanny's your aunt and Micks your brother in law...the gangs all here.

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

It's not dunny paper it's tissues in a roll instead of a box for all you clueless heathens.

I bet you still laugh at farts.🤪🤣🙃

Only at stupid old farts.😆

13 hours ago, mikebike said:

Why? It is paper in a dispenser which serves its purpose well.

It's extremely poor in every way. One has to use half the roll to effectively clean fingers & mouth, lips. I'm in the habit of taking a couple of pieces of kitchen paper towel, folded in pocket, when I go out to dine.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Just wish there was some facility to dry things off afterwards, hellishly awkward getting into a suitable position at the hand dryer. 

In the typically hot Thai weather it dries off quickly, no need to additional dying actions.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

When I was a kid we didn't have tissue paper. We had lavatory paper. Cut up newspapers hanging on a string. Not much use on the dining table though.😉

Or an out of date telephone directory with a string on the corner. 

When we go to a restaurant, I actually bring a few sheets of paper towels from my kitchen. Those  thin napkins they have at restaurants are useless, to anyone  near my splash zone,

me being the nearest one. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, scorecard said:

In the typically hot Thai weather it dries off quickly, no need to additional dying actions.

Well I wasn't thinking to take things that far!

14 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Toilet paper everywhere but in the toilet..

Wow, if this bothers you about living in Thailand, then you are in store for some real upsets.  You don't understand that Thais, for the overwhelming majority, do not use "toilet paper", but their "bum sprays" and what you see is not considered "toilet" anything, but only paper tissue, to be used to clean like paper towels, etc--and the rolls, for some restaurants, are cheaper and easier to use than supplying bundles of paper napkins.

• Agree 1

Thais use toilet rolls the same way we use tissues. A bit of a cultural shift for Western newcomers, I guess. It just doesn't have the connotation with bum wiping that we have. Once you get used to the bum gun it all makes perfect sense.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Back in Thailand, 99% of toilets have a bum spray which is far more efficient / hygienic compared to toilet paper which just smears any residual faeces across the anal area and  doesn't remove it all. 

You forgot the rear ball bag and center crotch in that description

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

The facilities I might be using, toilets in the Malls in Pattaya, for some reason do not have them. 

• Agree 1

I quit eating at these food troughs a long time ago.  If this is what they think is acceptable for customers, I question what is acceptable for the kitchen.  

• Confused 2

Well the "bum gun" and paper wipe is much more sanitary than that of the west that uses paper only.  The toilet paper on the table is much cheaper for them to use than paper towels.  I for one, am of the opinion that sanitation in this regard is much better here but that is just me.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, rexpotter said:

I will never get used to this.

roll-toilet-paper-in-dining-table-v0-91ymheya8d4b1.webp

Well, toilet paper on the dining table....

For me it's ok.

Better than eating where normally we Westerners keep and hang the paper.....the toilet.🤗