Allies demand international tribunal to hold Russia accountable for crimes in Ukraine

image.png

The Restoring Justice for Ukraine conference held in the Netherlands on April 2 saw a significant call from over 40 countries for the establishment of a special tribunal to hold Russia accountable for war crimes committed in Ukraine. This initiative addresses point seven of President Volodymyr Zelensky's 10-point peace formula, focusing on "restoring justice."

Dutch Foreign Minister Hanke Bruins Slot emphasized the commitment to ensuring accountability for the perpetrators of war crimes, expressing readiness to pursue international action if necessary. The Netherlands, as the host country of the International Criminal Court (ICC), has pledged to take the lead on this aspect of Ukraine's peace plan.

The conference issued a political declaration signed by 44 countries, condemning Russian aggression in Ukraine and advocating for the establishment of a special tribunal to investigate and prosecute Russian crimes. Additionally, the declaration called for Russia to pay compensatory damages for the harm inflicted on Ukrainians, suggesting the exploration of frozen Russian assets to cover these expenses.

The Netherlands offered conditional hosting of both the tribunal and a compensation mechanism, with the latter already operational under the name Register of Damage for Ukraine. This mechanism enables Ukrainians to submit claims for damages caused by Russia's invasion, with over 100 claims processed already.

Chaired by Dutch Foreign Minister Hanke Bruins Slot and attended by Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba, Dutch Justice Minister Dilan Yesilgoz, and European Justice Commissioner Didier Reynders, the conference underscored the gravity of the situation and the collective determination to address the atrocities committed by Russian forces in Ukraine.

Ukrainian officials have extensively documented numerous war crimes perpetrated by Russian forces, including attacks on civilians, cultural sites, and medical institutions, as well as instances of torture and deportations. The Prosecutor General's Office reported gathering pretrial information on over 128,000 victims of war crimes, highlighting the urgent need for accountability and justice.

Source

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Sourced via the Kviv In dependent.....an unbiased source? Like in divorce court you cannot rely on the testimony of one side of the aggrieved parties. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

Just as soon as the allies are held responsible for crimes against humanity in Israel, Afghanistan, and Iraq. 

That would be a very long docket Q, and only for this century.  NATO force trials would be in court so long, all plaintiffs & defendants of the RU/UA conflict would be dead :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, sirineou said:

Just as soon as the allies are held responsible for crimes against humanity in Israel, Afghanistan, and Iraq. 

You beat me to it.

I'd be more impressed if they were wanting a tribunal about a certain other country as well, but seems they are just a bunch of hypocrites.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, transam said:

Oh, a Russian supporter..................:coffee1:

Apologies for the mischaracterization , as I see from you reaction to my post m I should had said "Oh. a confused US military industrial complex supporter .........:coffee1: "

Is your confusion over how many billions the fat cats have made over this war? :laugh:

Edited by sirineou
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Apologies for the mischaracterization , as I see from you reaction to my post m I should had said "Oh. a confused US military industrial complex supporter .........:coffee1: "

Is your confusion over how many billions the fat cats have made over this war? :laugh:

His reply wasn't  to your post...........:saai: you have some apologies to make................

image.png.ac15e7089e5d15fcff749b31696a2e47.png

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am not confused about anything, in a conflict I have no interest in who has a business to make munitions, and to even think a conflict is based around making a profit for munition manufacturers is plain daft, all businesses make money, or try too......🙄

Tell me, if you become seriously ill and need specific medication, will you refuse it and die because a fat cat will make money out of you....?    🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

am not confused about anything,

Then why the confused emoji? Are you confused about emojis or is it simple disrespect toward me " 

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell me, if you become seriously ill and need specific medication, will you refuse it and die because a fat cat will make money out of you....?

I would be upset if the fat cats helped start the decease. and try to extend it to increase profits. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1