Can you book 2 economy seats!

15 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Can you book 2 economy seats side by side in case you don't want anyone next to you 

You fat?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Not fat , too much gym , but I want to have a window & aisle seat to myself 

I wonder if it's possible?

Anyone ever done it?

Google it

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Not fat , too much gym , but I want to have a window & aisle seat to myself 

I wonder if it's possible?

Anyone ever done it?

What if a 300 pounder buys the middle seat?  And has the taco surprise for lunch before boarding?

22 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Book two seats for the price of business? 

Business is now more often than not 3-4x the price of an Eco seat. 

To answer the Ops question: the Airline can reallocate the second seat, because one person can only check-in for one ticket. 

I don't think one person can check-in and obtain 2x boarding passes. 

IF the op really wants a spare seat next to himself, IMO, his best option is to research flights and fine the quietest routes / dates to travel so that he has the best 'probability' of an empty row or spare seat next to him.

As far as I am aware - Its is only Air New Zealand that allows passengers to book and pay for a 'twin-seat' package and it actively advertises its 'SkyCouch' product whereby a passenger can book and pay for 3x Eco seats and get 'bedding' to lay across the 3 seats.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Business is now more often than not 3-4x the price of an Eco seat. 

To answer the Ops question: the Airline can reallocate the second seat, because one person can only check-in for one ticket. 

I don't think one person can check-in and obtain 2x boarding passes. 

IF the op really wants a spare seat next to himself, IMO, his best option is to research flights and fine the quietest routes / dates to travel so that he has the best 'probability' of an empty row or spare seat next to him.

As far as I am aware - Its is only Air New Zealand that allows passengers to book and pay for a 'twin-seat' package and it actively advertises its 'SkyCouch' product whereby a passenger can book and pay for 3x Eco seats and get 'bedding' to lay across the 3 seats.

All my latest flights I got an offer at 50 - 70% for upgrade for business starting a week before my flight. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

All my latest flights I got an offer at 50 - 70% for upgrade for business starting a week before my flight. 

Awesome....  Which Airlines ???....    Because I fly Emirates and Qatar a lot.... and the Upgrade offers I get with those airlines are still extortionate and only for the one leg of the journey.

Most airlines have this option as they know there are bloaters who won't fit in one seat or people not wanting to put their Stradivarius violin in the hold.  Every airline will have their own procedures but it can often be as simple as putting "Extra Seat" as the second passengers name.  You do not normally get additional luggage allowance when purchasing an extra seat and you don't pay any passenger charges or taxes.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, treetops said:

Most airlines have this option as they know there are bloaters who won't fit in one seat or people not wanting to put their Stradivarius violin in the hold.  Every airline will have their own procedures but it can often be as simple as putting "Extra Seat" as the second passengers name.  You do not normally get additional luggage allowance when purchasing an extra seat and you don't pay any passenger charges or taxes.

Most airlines certainly do not offer this service.  Certainly none of the ones I tried.

Etihad offered me the option to bid for a "comfort seat" once, but this option was only available as an after-purchase service. I guess they only do it close to the departure date, and if they're sure the seat won't be sold.

And you don't need to be even remotely fat, let alone a bloater, to feel uncomfortable in the ridiculously narrow seats on the average long-haul flights.

46 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Most airlines certainly do not offer this service.  Certainly none of the ones I tried.

Etihad offered me the option to bid for a "comfort seat" once, but this option was only available as an after-purchase service. I guess they only do it close to the departure date, and if they're sure the seat won't be sold.

I don't know who else you tried but Etihad do according to their website so you may just have got someone who didn't know all the options.  Ignore the upsell to "Comfort" which is probably more popular and ask for "Neighbour free" instead.

The GDSs (airline booking systems) even have instructions to agents what to enter and where, to designate the extra seat appropriately.

https://www.etihad.com/en-us/fly-etihad/our-cabins/economy-class/choose-your-seat

Actually I just rang the airline call centre and the Filipino chap who answered was most helpful 

He said yes Sir you can buy two seats they are known as comfort seats 

He said would you like to buy the two seats together? 😲

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

Yes if you are going to pay for them.

Yes !

But....I have since found out , you DON'T get 2 baggage or 2 meals ! 

The good thing is , (according to the call centre agent ), you only pay ONE set of fees/taxes 

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

Yes !

But....I have since found out , you DON'T get 2 baggage or 2 meals ! 

The good thing is , (according to the call centre agent ), you only pay ONE set of fees/taxes 

Would you really want 2 airline food packages? Really?

On 4/4/2024 at 1:28 PM, treetops said:

I don't know who else you tried but Etihad do according to their website so you may just have got someone 

I didn't get anybody. I booked online.

I wasn't searching for comfort seats with Ethihad, anyway. I was offered the chance to bid for one a couple of weeks before the flight was due, and was granted one for 2000bt on a London to Bangkok flight which was a pretty sweet deal.

Following on from that I tried to actually specifically book a second seat with a couple of different airlines, but I didn't find an option on the websites at the times. 

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Following on from that I tried to actually specifically book a second seat with a couple of different airlines, but I didn't find an option on the websites at the times. 

It appears if you wish to book a second seat/ comfort seat, you must contact the Airline direct 

55 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

It appears if you wish to book a second seat/ comfort seat, you must contact the Airline direct 

The current year is 2024. I'm not going out of my way to give a business my money if they aren't going to offer the service online.

But yes... it does appear, from the content of the thread so far at least, that your analysis is correct.

Edited by JayClay