Over 400 criminal cases brought against foreigners in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

In my country we have a saying: "Als men een hond wil slaan, vind men een stok."
Translated to English (literaly): "when you want to hit a dog you will find a stick".

I have only been to AMS a few times to deliver masks and other medical supplies from China to die Nederlanders in the depths of covid. Your wonderful language was  sometimes pretty easy for an English speaker to understand.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean even with the translation.

Edited by Captain Monday

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

I have only been to AMS a few times to deliver masks and other medical supplies from China to die Nederlanders in the depths of covid. Your wonderful language was  sometimes pretty easy for an English speaker to understand.

Guessing he means that when you are looking for something, (misbehaving foreigners in this case), you will find it/them. 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I don't know the English sentence for this saying.
A similar sentence is: "wanneer men iemand kwaad wil doen, vindt men altijd wel een voorwendsel".
Translated to English: "When one wants to do harm to someone, one always finds a pretext".

It simply means that when somebody wants to find a reason to put you in bad daylight (to beat a dog) he/she will find a pretext (find a stick).

Wikipedia gives about the same translation https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dutch_proverbs :

• Wie een hond wil slaan, kan gemakkelijk een stok vinden.
    • The one who wants to hit a dog can easily find a stick.
    • Someone who wants to be mean will find things to be mean about no matter what.
    • Source: Hiligsmann, Philippe; Theissen, Siegfried (2008). Néerlandais - Expressions et proverbes: Intermédiaire-avancé. De Boeck Supérieur. p. 84. ISBN 2804159671.

So, I think that you should learn English.

30 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I don't know the English sentence for this saying.
A similar sentence is: "wanneer men iemand kwaad wil doen, vindt men altijd wel een voorwendsel".
Translated to English: "When one wants to do harm to someone, one always finds a pretext".

It simply means that when somebody wants to find a reason to put you in bad daylight (to beat a dog) he/she will find a pretext (find a stick).

Wikipedia gives about the same translation https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dutch_proverbs :

• Wie een hond wil slaan, kan gemakkelijk een stok vinden.
    • The one who wants to hit a dog can easily find a stick.
    • Someone who wants to be mean will find things to be mean about no matter what.
    • Source: Hiligsmann, Philippe; Theissen, Siegfried (2008). Néerlandais - Expressions et proverbes: Intermédiaire-avancé. De Boeck Supérieur. p. 84. ISBN 2804159671.

So, I think that you should learn English.

Sure one thing we can agree on is Anton’s stock in trade 

is vilifying foreigners. The tendency on AN is to justify and molly-coddle foreign criminals because “Thais do more and worse”. It is not Thai criminals who are dragging us down. 

Edited by Captain Monday