Notice Period/entitlements?

I have searched various topics on TV and other websites but cannot find an answer to this.

What entitlements does an employee have if they have been employed for less than 120 days? What period of notice must the employer give and what should they pay in terms of severence pay, if anything?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy.

Generally considered to be a week as the first 120 days of employment can be considered to be "probation". This is the same amount of time an employee must give to the employer if he/she does not wish to continue working with the company.

I've been digging in to this issue a bit further this afternoon and from what I understand (and as Bendix said) there is no statutory legal requirement under Thai Employment Law for any notice period or severence payment during the first 120 days of employment. The only time anything would be payable or any notice period would need to be served is when a clause is specifically included within any employment contract.

As OneThailand said it does seem than many Thai companies allow common sense to prevail and pay any departing employees for a week or sometimes until the end of the month.

I hope this might help someone in the future.