TENS machine - Coccyx troubles

I have pain in my coccyx.

Thinking of using a TENS machine.

Does anyone have experience of using a TENS machine.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I had some success using cheap personal TENS machines for stiffness, but I'm not sure that's a long term thing, or just relieved to turn that voltage off.

My only advice is to buy a lot of the sticky pads, because they lose their stickiness a lot faster than you'd hope.  Good news is that they're cheap.

I don't even remember the first time I had a treatment at the doctor (or was it the chiropractor?), probably the mid '90s.  But those were big honking, expensive machines that weren't fit for personal home use.  Today, you can get one for $10 that fits in your pocket, and they work great.  Years ago, I bought a case of them from China and gave them to my Thai friends to sell on Lazada.  They made a great margin at first.  But then the market got saturated and they were selling on Lazada for about what they cost from the factory.  Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Tens therapy can be effective for many but results vary. 

I used it about 30 years ago while recovering from a serious lower back soft-tissue injury. It did help though the effectiveness diminished over-time.
What worked best for me was using the Tens to relieve symptoms combined with massage (3-4 hours per week) with yoga stretching and slowly increasing physical activity. If I had a flareup of symptoms, I reduced exercise etc and rested to get back to a manageable pain level. 

After 2-3 years I was about 90% & stable, including 6 months of learning to walk again. 

Given the current cost, Tens is an excellent idea though I would recommend using it with other therapies such as stretching & yoga to help resolve your condition. 

Cheers. T

• Like 1

Got an original NHS tens in my drawer and one I bought off of Lazada, I would say the digital therapy machine as it called is much better with loads more settings 🤔

• Like 1