How do they enforce TM30 submissions?

Once again I have tried submitting the TM30 notification, and I have no idea if I did it correctly. It should be trivially easy for a halfway decent programmer to set up the webpage to display some sort of confirmation once the TM30 report is correctly submitted.

Either way, does anyone know how they enforce the TM30 rule? If enforcement is handled by the same people that designs the TM30 user interface, I guess I have nothing to worry about anyway.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

They enforce it by requiring proof of TM30 when you go to immigration for anything, like an extension. That depends on your immigration office, like everything else, there's no consistency. Definitely not the same people that built the website though.

You CAN download a confirmation nowadays, and its a good idea to do that and take a printout with you whenever you go to immigration. 

Thanks, Caldera. Fortunately for me, I never go to immigration nowadays. 

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So how do you obtain extensions. 

If you dont have dealings with immigration then you don't need to consider TM30

Wonder whether @Nayet uses an agent for all his dealings with IMM? If he does, then it is surely still a good idea for him to provide said agent with printed proof of his current TM30 status, as recommended by @Caldera.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Wonder whether @Nayet uses an agent for all his dealings with IMM? If he does, then it is surely still a good idea for him to provide said agent with printed proof of his current TM30 status, as recommended by @Caldera.

I don't follow the OP...

He states ....."Fortunately for me, I never go to immigration nowadays" 

if he uses an agent it would depend on type of extension he would be doing.

TM30 of no use if extension not being done at immigration office where he lives.

I don't understand the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/6/2024 at 3:38 PM, DrJack54 said:

So how do you obtain extensions. 

If you dont have dealings with immigration then you don't need to consider TM30

clean bowled..next

• Haha 1

Yeah agree that ex-pats should not have to even think about the tm.30 - when I came down to BKK in Feb, I notified that owner of the house my wife is leasing so that she could send a tm.30 in.  After several phone calls with her agent from my wife, we learned that the online filing system was giving the landlord problems and they asked that I do it myself.  I refused as I mentioned to them that this is a Thai law that immigration is forcing onto the ex-pats.  They relented and the next day I received a copy of the "approved" TM.30 receipt from immigration.  The landlord complained but he did do it eventually.  There are also "agents" that can say they are authorized to forward the TM.30 to immigration and require the same documents that the ex-pat would use to do that report himself.  After acceptance, the agent provides a copy of the Receipt from immigration - they do the filing free but if one wants a copy of the receipt they have a very small fee.  Just saying as an agent can also do the TM.30 for one in person at the local immigration office so all seems to be legal and with a copy of the immigration receipt of the report it seems all okay.

Also, at CM the tm.30 office is behind the main bldg and opens even 15 minutes prior to the main office and they have several IO that take care of any reports that need to be done.  Is very quick and hardly any waiting so I also have done a report there, they staple the report into the passport so no problems.  But having to go to CW in BKK from where I am staying is a loooonnng

trip and I would prefer having it done by someone else.

3 minutes ago, Presnock said:

But having to go to CW in BKK from where I am staying is a loooonnng

What is your status in Thailand. 

Meaning are you on extension with reentry permit? 

Why do you need to do a TM30 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What is your status in Thailand. 

Meaning are you on extension with reentry permit? 

Why do you need to do a TM30 

My daughter started college in BKK and so while we live in CM, we are also renting a house in BKK so when I came to BKK I needed legally to have a TM.30 done by the landlord.  I didn't really need to do one in CM according to the rules but I was doing a transfer of stamps in new p/p and they said to get a new TM.30 for inclusion in the new p/p.  Was free and only 5 minutes so no problem from me.  I was on a retirement O (19 years) but now have changed to LTR.

The User's Guide is pretty good IMO.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30EN/index.html

Once the property is registered filing is really easy. 60 seconds at most, then search for the record, export and download the PDF and print it.

Any enforcement occurs when the property is registered and approved, or when Immigration requests a copy for other purposes.

Edited by bamnutsak

The immigration will enforce TM30 only if you need their service such as an extension (some offices and agents might not need TM30). TM30 is really so easy to do online these days although, as a Thai government website it's not always clear what needs to be done (when searching for submission to see if it's confirmed ONLY the LAST NAME must be entered otherwise it will say "not found").

Below is a copy of a recently filed TM30 which can be downloaded and printed from the submission system (I think it has to be retrieved with 7 days). The homeowner can setup the account online. Takes about 10 minutes and is instant. Filing takes about 2 minutes. 

image.thumb.png.6999de33a63dd7485fbc6456316d4bb2.png

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

Not at all but the TM.28 was there before that expats used if moving locations and that was dropped.  Now the Tm.30 is here and while hotels and some landlords do those as they are required to do but some landlords I have seen complaints here on this forum and based on my landlord's complaint about doing this requirement.  So, no I have done it myself and it was not difficult but now here in BKK having to go to CW just to do that is not worth it to me so I pressured the landlord to do it , especially since he has other properties too and for me he did do the tm.30 online.  Some expats have complained that their landlord dinn't want to give them their ID and blue book copy so the expat could do the TM.30.  I have ALWAYS followed the immigration and other laws wherever I have lived, that is how I was raised.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

(when searching for submission to see if it's confirmed ONLY the LAST NAME must be entered otherwise it will say "not found").

That little detail (which of course there is no mention of on the form. It only says ชื่อ / Name) made all the difference.

Turns out my first attempt WAS successful.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2024 at 2:47 PM, Nayet said:

Thanks, Caldera. Fortunately for me, I never go to immigration nowadays. 

So why even waste your time doing a TM30? Don't bother at all, you never go to immigration. You only need it if you do actually go to immigration.