Are Thai men getting tired of foreigners with thai women?

I don't give a rats ass what they think, what I do know is all the local Thai women accept me, even when my mate died 20 turned up because he was my friend, most had never even met him.  Most local guys also except me, with a nod to say hello. 

17 hours ago, Elkski said:

On my very first short visit to Thailand in 2016 i couldn't understand how thai men accepted sharing their women with foreigners. 

Of course I since  learned how they are like pimps and even saw BF's dropping off their GF's on soi cowboy.   And most thai women seen with older Western men were not desired by most thai men.  

But there has been an uptick in social media of hiso or media influencers with western men.  And even large envious wedding celebrations.  And of course FB posts of the resulting cute lew kreg children.   

I'm not sure if some of these younger Western guys had family money or if these extravagant lifestyles are supported by the media income or Thai family money? 

But if I was a Thai guy with a hard earned degree and seeing the pool of desirable Thai women being taken I would be easily influenced to support politicians that were cracking down on any illegal acrivity or income by a foreigner.  I would also support the new tax laws that grab some of this endless money flow some expats seem to have available. 

Thai men don't care as the foreigners take all the undesirable low class, dark-skinned, even ugly girls. They, especially newbies find them exotic for a year or two.

• Haha 1

Thai men are not interested in women who 1/ Have children 2/ are divorced 3/ are over 30. The women have to be 10 out of 10 to overcome those handicaps.

That leaves a broad spectrum of choice for foreigners. I don't think Thais care what we do with that sector.

Thai women who have been in a relationship with a Thai male seem to be universal in their preference for foreigners. That preference is most probably an economic one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thai men don't care as the foreigners take all the undesirable low class, dark-skinned, even ugly girls. They, especially newbies find them exotic for a year or two.

I shan't disagree, per se, but I would offer that foreign men do genuinely find these women very attractive, even if they are considered repulsive by locals.

And if a guy finds a girl that he thinks is perfectly sexy and beautiful, who cares what other people think?  It sounds like a major advantage if nobody else wants her.  (Men don't think like women.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I shan't disagree, per se, but I would offer that foreign men do genuinely find these women very attractive, even if they are considered repulsive by locals.

And if a guy finds a girl that he thinks is perfectly sexy and beautiful, who cares what other people think?  It sounds like a major advantage if nobody else wants her.  (Men don't think like women.)

I think most of the foreigners don't understand the hierarchical nature of Thai society when they hook up and suffer in later years. I know a general who married a women who sold somtam, it lasted only a few months. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Thai men will not marry divorced women with children. That covers a lot of territory.

So true and if they did they would never accept the child as their own. 

Then you also need to think about their inability to fill the gap of a woman compared to a foreigner. Thai men are so small and so fast to leave the woman wanting more. Most Thai women will never accept a Thai man after being with foreigners for awhile. There really is no comparison. 

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think most of the foreigners don't understand the hierarchical nature of Thai society when they hook up and suffer in later years.

If you meet people who treat you badly because your wife is poor or has brown skin, it's those people that you want to avoid.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I know a general who married a women who sold somtam, it lasted only a few months. 

He thought a food stand worker was high-class but then it all fell apart once he realised she was low class?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If you meet people who treat you badly because your wife is poor or has brown skin, it's those people that you want to avoid.

He thought a food stand worker was high-class but then it all fell apart once he realised she was low class?

I agree. 

Something like that, he realized he made a mistake and she was happy to have a new house.

Well, many Thai men simply have low self-esteem, low self-confidence, small dicks, even with a university degree in Thailand it doesn't compare to a normal high school degree in a western country. Thai men are simply to far away 🤣🤣🤣

About 9 years ago I was staying at a small resort run by an Aussie in Kalasin.  It was during Songkhran and they were having a festival.  We were the only two foreigners there both married to Thais. They had music blaring.  During this one song I told him, "Do you know this song is about Issan men being upset because foreigners are taking their women?"

But anyway all the people there were very friendly.

One time we were shopping at Makro and I heard two women talking to each other say, "His wife is old."

I guess they are used to seeing lots of foreigners with wifes way younger than them.  I'm sure a lot of them automatically assume they were hookers too.

But most people my wife meets here thinks she was a professor.  I guess because of how she dresses.

I always worried when walking around with some of our neices and nephews holding hands that people would think I was a child molester.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:11 PM, still kicking said:

Bob get out of your cave I have been married for 20 years go to Thailand twice a year never spend a cent on my Thai family.

The original cheap charlie.

On 4/6/2024 at 8:25 PM, theblether said:

Many things can be true at the same time. No decent Thai man wants a woman with the scent of the sex trade. 

Also, farangs are universally a laughing stock among Thai men, they can't believe who we wrestle with. 

However, you made a different and more valid point. The arrival of the younger expatriate generation has increased competition for young Thai men. It's not unusual to see middle-class girls dating and marrying stable younger farangs. That is starting to annoy some younger Thai men as their general xenophobia mixes with sexual jealousy. All of these relationships that I am aware of are thriving. One friend has just given birth to her second baby, she lives near The Somme, France. I can't think of any relationships that have broken up but neither do I have a drone pursuing pals across the world. 

So, no - Thai men are content to allow farangs wrestle with the sex trade "belle's" 

And, yes - they don't like having their better ladies stolen away.  

My Thai wife has never been a part of the sex trade.  In fact, She has never been in a bar in her life.  Most foreign men who are married to Thai women did not meet their wives in bars.  To assume so is insulting.

2 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

My Thai wife has never been a part of the sex trade.  In fact, She has never been in a bar in her life.  Most foreign men who are married to Thai women did not meet their wives in bars.  To assume so is insulting.

Mine neither... it's the lowlifes who assume that and it is the only way they can meet women... more than insulting but understandable given their lack of brains.

On 4/6/2024 at 9:28 PM, bob smith said:

Thai men are incredibly jealous of foreigners at the best of times, so when a well heeled, younger farang comes along and cleans up at the club then of course they are going to resent that.

I should know, I have been that guy on many occasions.

They are seething with envy and will stare you down like theres no tomorrow. They will try every sly tactic in the book to make you feel inferior, they will talk behind your back, sabotage you, call you names, spread rumors etc..

it’s the classic small willy syndrome playing out in front of your very eyes.

bob.

Like Country Hillbilly meets Big City Slicker. Regressive vs Progressive. (note: in reality some crossover). 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:28 PM, bob smith said:

Thai men are incredibly jealous of foreigners at the best of times, so when a well heeled, younger farang comes along and cleans up at the club then of course they are going to resent that.

I should know, I have been that guy on many occasions.

They are seething with envy and will stare you down like theres no tomorrow. They will try every sly tactic in the book to make you feel inferior, they will talk behind your back, sabotage you, call you names, spread rumors etc..

it’s the classic small willy syndrome playing out in front of your very eyes.

bob.

They may well take offence at a blundering drunken fool wandering around the place trying to hit on their girlfriend's!

On 4/6/2024 at 9:52 PM, BangkokReady said:

I just can't imagine, currently, educated and well off Thai men, who would be looking to pair-up with educated Thai women with good economic prospects, being in any position to be adopting a "bloody foreigners, coming over here, taking our women" kind of viewpoint.

There are a couple of facets I think we need to look at.

I do not believe in the Farang only looking for and dating bar girls crap.  I would suggest that most relationships on here that are long lasting are with women that were not part of the scene.

As has been discussed on other sites, I think a lot of young non-university Thai men realize that their other half can make more money than them working in places like NANA or Cowboy.  Also, they benefit from having GF that know a hell of a lot more about sex than most Thai ladies.

Maturity and stability come into it for many Thai women. You rarely see farang who are married with a mia noi.

Financially it makes more sense for a Thai girl to marry date a Farang than it does for most thai men

Looking at the way that Thai men treat their wives is also an issue.  again, there is a difference between most Thai men and farang in this instance.

BUT again, in the end, it is the fact that a Thai man who has been living here for a long time must have a work visa or a good retirement plan. Therefore, they have a hell of a lot better income and can buy and support their GF wives to a better lifestyle.

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

They may well take offence at a blundering drunken fool wandering around the place trying to hit on their girlfriend's!

I dont just hit on them mate - I sh@g em! 

Bob.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

I do not believe in the Farang only looking for and dating bar girls crap.  I would suggest that most relationships on here that are long lasting are with women that were not part of the scene.

I don't think anyone suggests that foreign men go looking for prostitutes, it's more that Thai people think so lowly of foreigners that only women who cannot find a Thai man are interested in foreign men.  (And, of course, a lot of foreigners are older men looking for younger women.)  Not only is there the attitude of people not wanting to date non-Thais, but there is also a great deal of stigma attached to dating a foreigner, where people will either judge the woman as being a prostitute or react negatively and ask her why she is dating a foreigner, to which she might even lie to save face.

Of course, this is likely evolving a little as young Thai people begin to become more globalised due to things like internet and social media.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

As has been discussed on other sites, I think a lot of young non-university Thai men realize that their other half can make more money than them working in places like NANA or Cowboy.  Also, they benefit from having GF that know a hell of a lot more about sex than most Thai ladies.

Maturity and stability come into it for many Thai women. You rarely see farang who are married with a mia noi.

Financially it makes more sense for a Thai girl to marry date a Farang than it does for most thai men

I agree, it does make economic sense for poorer Thais to marry foreigners in order to get a better life, but I think the stigma/objection from Thai men/Thai supremacy attitudes stops this from being too common.  This is probably the one area where Thai men might become more angry or bitter.

However, I think the fairly cavalier attitude to sex and prostitution in Thailand might negate the harshest responses, as this means most Thai men still have access to sex if they want it.

Edited by BangkokReady

I don't think they think about us much at all to be honest. I have noticed a little resentment from older Thai men on occasion (60yo +) but as soon as you communicate with them in a friendly way, man to man so to speak the guard drops. Thai men probably have varied opinions of us but I doubt they spend any amount of time thinking about it or openly show resentment. I been here ten years and find Thailand generally welcoming and tolerant, a lot more tolerant than our own Western countries are of foreigners. I live up country so maybe in the tourist areas resentment is more common but lets face it, often not a good representation of foreigner behavior visiting these places. Reading many of the comments daily on AN, I doubt many of the posters actually live here

On 4/6/2024 at 7:52 PM, Elkski said:

On my very first short visit to Thailand in 2016 i couldn't understand how thai men accepted sharing their women with foreigners. 

Of course I since  learned how they are like pimps and even saw BF's dropping off their GF's on soi cowboy.   And most thai women seen with older Western men were not desired by most thai men.  

But there has been an uptick in social media of hiso or media influencers with western men.  And even large envious wedding celebrations.  And of course FB posts of the resulting cute lew kreg children.   

I'm not sure if some of these younger Western guys had family money or if these extravagant lifestyles are supported by the media income or Thai family money? 

But if I was a Thai guy with a hard earned degree and seeing the pool of desirable Thai women being taken I would be easily influenced to support politicians that were cracking down on any illegal acrivity or income by a foreigner.  I would also support the new tax laws that grab some of this endless money flow some expats seem to have available. 

you splash around in the toilet of sex tourism and think it represents the ocean of reality.  

All you are doing is airing your own bigoted misconceptions of Thailand and presumptions of superiority.

I would venture that  most Thais don't give you much thought at all.

• Sad 1

Why should they be? Thai men knock-up Thai teenage women, then let foreigners give those women a soft landing and take care of their children when they near menopause.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thai men hardly would have issue with the white guys hooking up with the brown and broke women. It's gonna be the Chinese, Koreans. Older japanese just looking for a fling.

This is just pure speculation. They'd be envious over ones money not that frumpy 36yo you have on your arm.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:02 PM, riclag said:

A bunch of us falangs where at a bar with our wives up here in Sakon Nakhon

dancing , drinking and listening to A Thai band . The place was full of Thais and us .All was going well.

We been there for 3 hours suddenly my wife said the guy over  there is getting loud & angry about Thai women being with falangs , so we all paid up & left . 
This also happened to me in Dominican Republic 20 years ago.

I think some natives get a little p’ed off

And jealous.

I think that's more a case of a drunken Thai that can't handle their booze than the norm.

He's pissed off with life and his menial job, lack of money and his boring existence, and looking for someone to blame.

But, looking at the subject of foreigners with Thai women, is it any different from how White men used to view black men with white women, to me, it's a non-issue and none of my business but others don't see it that way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I think that's more a case of a drunken Thai that can't handle their booze than the norm.

He's pissed off with life and his menial job, lack of money and his boring existence, and looking for someone to blame.

But, looking at the subject of foreigners with Thai women, is it any different from how White men used to view black men with white women, to me, it's a non-issue and none of my business but others don't see it that way.

Sat in a bar in Paris with SWMBO.....two woman bought a pint of beer each and walked straight at us.......I was thinking how are we going to dry ourselves?......they put the beers down and said......... that's for you, the prettiest girl in the world......and that's for you.....the luckiest bastard in the world....and walked out........555

• Haha 1