Are Thai men getting tired of foreigners with thai women?

On 4/6/2024 at 10:02 PM, riclag said:

A bunch of us falangs where at a bar with our wives up here in Sakon Nakhon

dancing , drinking and listening to A Thai band . The place was full of Thais and us .All was going well.

We been there for 3 hours suddenly my wife said the guy over  there is getting loud & angry about Thai women being with falangs , so we all paid up & left . 
This also happened to me in Dominican Republic 20 years ago.

I think some natives get a little p’ed off

And jealous.

I’ve never seen a group of farangs in SN maybe a couple or few 

7 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

It's nearly another form of "wokeness" these days when people call "generalization". I think if things are "generally" the case you can make a generalization. For example most Thai people eat Som Tam. I did qualify my observations noting there are exceptions....Though IMO and experience I know of very few mutually rewarding, successful mixed relationships in Thailand and I been here a while. Not just with bar girls either. And many reasons for it and not all because of gold diggers, scammers and greedy in laws / relatives. A relationship even with a professional I have found difficult bordering on meaningless here, and often not even because of behavior, selfishness etc. Many Thai people often are expected to work 6 long days a week. Then there are work meetings, extended family commitments, friends etc. Doesn't leave much time for a meaningful relationship together. Another issue can be people with higher incomes have higher debts and can be more financially needy than said bar girl. It's not easy having a successful relationship here but of course there are the exceptions and that is up to peoples expectations and needs, or willingness to compromise.

Your experience is, of course exactly that and as I don't live in Thailand, is probably wider ranging than mine even though I've been visiting for over 30 years - so be it.

I think we both speak as we find.

However PLEASE do not accuse me of being "woke" or "PC" - I despise both! ☹

Edited by VBF
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, VBF said:

Your experience is, of course exactly that and as I don't live in Thailand, is probably wider ranging than mine even though I've been visiting for over 30 years - so be it.

I think we both speak as we find.

However PLEASE do not accuse me of being "woke" or "PC" - I despise both! ☹

I am sorry, I didn't mean to be critical of you personally, and agree my observations and experiences will most likely differ to others. One of the biggest differences is where people are living. Pattaya / Phuket / Rural Thailand may as well be three different countries with very different people and experienes

• Agree 2

On 4/6/2024 at 9:52 PM, BangkokReady said:

Just my opinion, but given the fact that most Thais pair-up at high school or uni, plus the fact that Thai women generally like to stick to Thai men, the ones that end up with foreign guys aren't going to be ones that would want to go with Thai men in the first place.  Even if they aren't prostitutes/divorced/single mothers, they're still the type to not want a Thai guy, due to not likening the way women are treated in relationships with Thai men, or some similar reason.

I just can't imagine, currently, educated and well off Thai men, who would be looking to pair-up with educated Thai women with good economic prospects, being in any position to be adopting a "bloody foreigners, coming over here, taking our women" kind of viewpoint.

Absolute rubbish. Learn to speak Thai like a Thai, and you will see new doors open. Most of the time its just a language barrier. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They may well take offence at a blundering drunken fool wandering around the place trying to hit on their girlfriend's!

9 hours ago, bob smith said:

I dont just hit on them mate - I sh@g em! 

Bob.

Bobby, I think I've identified the possible problem you are having that is causing offense. Thus, stop trying to sh@g the boyfriends. Try hitting on some of the girls instead. 

• Haha 1

Maybe if those Thai guys got off their lazy arses,got a good education, learned English and got a solid job, Thai women would fancy them. 

Women want to be taken care of, spoiled and living the good life. I don't think the nationality of the guy is as important as his bank account. 

• Agree 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:47 PM, stoner said:

they can have my wife back. 

While we are on the subject of "Returns"!!

Can I put up my ex back in the UK, bit ruff, bit lined, more cellulite than a hippo

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think anyone suggests that foreign men go looking for prostitutes, it's more that Thai people think so lowly of foreigners that only women who cannot find a Thai man are interested in foreign men.  (And, of course, a lot of foreigners are older men looking for younger women.)  Not only is there the attitude of people not wanting to date non-Thais, but there is also a great deal of stigma attached to dating a foreigner, where people will either judge the woman as being a prostitute or react negatively and ask her why she is dating a foreigner, to which she might even lie to save face.

Of course, this is likely evolving a little as young Thai people begin to become more globalised due to things like internet and social media.

I agree, it does make economic sense for poorer Thais to marry foreigners in order to get a better life, but I think the stigma/objection from Thai men/Thai supremacy attitudes stops this from being too common.  This is probably the one area where Thai men might become more angry or bitter.

However, I think the fairly cavalier attitude to sex and prostitution in Thailand might negate the harshest responses, as this means most Thai men still have access to sex if they want it.

I think you are right, but I would add that a lot of the women who are mid-age are looking for someone who is stable.  I am sure that they could find a Thai man and have no trouble, but then again, in most cases, they would be lowering themselves.

In the villages, there may be a stigma but I think that gets resolved when they farang shows that he is a good man and becomes part of the community the same in the city although more and more Thai women are looking for a man that is stable and mature and that eliminates a lot of the young thai men.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Cereal said:

Women want to be taken care of, spoiled and living the good life. I don't think the nationality of the guy is as important as his bank account

I live the good life unencumbered by this.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:23 PM, Will B Good said:

After 18 years married to a Thai 26 years younger than me, I can honestly say I"ve never come across anyone....Thai or non-Thai........who gave a monkey's.

Many do and have fun at your expense.  Most don't care at all.  You're deluding yourself IMO. 

In the end though, you obviously don't care and that is what matters.  Curious, don't have to answer of course,  how is this relationship of yours?  Do you enjoy each other?  I have a friend in a similar situation for the last 20 years and they seem to get along well and spend a lot of time together.  Their sex life from the little that is shared is also good.  He isn't rich but has more money than most here and is still a good looking dude at 70.  I think his relationship is the exception and far from the norm.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 4:08 PM, thesetat said:

So true and if they did they would never accept the child as their own. 

Then you also need to think about their inability to fill the gap of a woman compared to a foreigner. Thai men are so small and so fast to leave the woman wanting more. Most Thai women will never accept a Thai man after being with foreigners for awhile. There really is no comparison. 

Did you just arrive to Thailand? Nice little story about Thais you created.

I wonder what all those sexy women that cater to Farangs are doing with Thai men when they aren't working.  Maybe there just friends and they can't wait for the their Farang to satisfy them.  

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

Many do and have fun at your expense.  Most don't care at all.  You're deluding yourself IMO. 

In the end though, you obviously don't care and that is what matters.  Curious, don't have to answer of course,  how is this relationship of yours?  Do you enjoy each other?  I have a friend in a similar situation for the last 20 years and they seem to get along well and spend a lot of time together.  Their sex life from the little that is shared is also good.  He isn't rich but has more money than most here and is still a good looking dude at 70.  I think his relationship is the exception and far from the norm.

Sounds very similar. My wife is very slim and pretty, extremely affectionate. She looks way younger than her age. She cooks every night, she cuts my hair and nails and even showers me. She works very hard during harvesting, but still insists on cleaning the house top to bottom every day. We are together 24/7......she bought 'our' house and land (about 20 acres) out of her own money that she earned working for the British Army. I pay what few bills there are any other expenses that arise. All in all not a bad deal.......!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

You are correct...I don"t give a damn what anyone else thinks. But it does amuse me when farangs come over here with their fat, lily white, middle-aged wives. I can see them looking at tme and the wife and know they are crying inside.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, atpeace said:

Did you just arrive to Thailand? Nice little story about Thais you created.

I wonder what all those sexy women that cater to Farangs are doing with Thai men when they aren't working.  Maybe there just friends and they can't wait for the their Farang to satisfy them.  

ohh sorry.. i was only thinking about the foreigners that are not so old as you that still know how to give good sex... My apologies for not including men like you

10 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You are correct...I don"t give a damn what anyone else thinks. But it does amuse me when farangs come over here with their fat, lily white, middle-aged wives. I can see them looking at tme and the wife and know they are crying inside.

No one cares, because those are freely available here for the ugliest.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Kalorymetr said:

No one cares, because those are freely available here for the ugliest.

Not when you've brought your western wife???

Did you not understand the post?

Edited by Will B Good
  • Sad 1