Greta Thunberg detained at The Hague climate demonstration

Social Media

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you normally so quick to resort to insulating those whose opinions you disagree with?

Hardly an insult.

She was not trying to put pressure on anyone. She was making a point of law. What she said was absolute, recorded fact, nothing more.

Nah, she was trying to get the jurors to do what she wanted, hence she was arrested.

Presumably you want the same thing as her, so you want her to continue.

Just pathetic media set-up, as usual.

By now they do not even realize that they have completely lost their grip on the brains of the western masses.

25 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

That means, this whole thing you have going on here is all happening in your mind, and you are then projecting it onto others...

Oh riiiiiight, so glad you told me................:huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Why do you feel the need to twist points? Surely if your words had merit, you wouldn't need to twist them so?

Perhaps you should give up now..........:coffee1:

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking you a question, rather than making a point 

You didn't ask a question. You made a fatuous statement and ended it with a question mark. 

But you seem to be struggling with your comprehension so let me make it simple for you. That Yaxley Lennon is a drug dealing, wife beating, fraudster, peado supporting racist is irrelevant in this case - even if he was a decent, honest and honourable bloke he still broke a court imposed restriction on reporting a trial when it was in progress. That is why he was justifiably charged with contempt of court.

On the other hand, there was no restriction on making jurors aware of points of law. And nor should there be. Every one of us should want that everyone involved in our justice system should be as aware as possible of the law and it's limits. When you start to restrict knowledge and awareness of the law, you are on the road to fascism.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You didn't ask a question. You made a fatuous statement and ended it with a question mark. 

But you seem to be struggling with your comprehension so let me make it simple for you. That Yaxley Lennon is a drug dealing, wife beating, fraudster, peado supporting racist is irrelevant in this case - even if he was a decent, honest and honourable bloke he still broke a court imposed restriction on reporting a trial when it was in progress. That is why he was justifiably charged with contempt of court.

On the other hand, there was no restriction on making jurors aware of points of law. And nor should there be. Every one of us should want that everyone involved in our justice system should be as aware as possible of the law and it's limits. When you start to restrict knowledge and awareness of the law, you are on the road to fascism.

Though Yaxley is not my flavour of the month, your "Peado supporting", where did you get that from.......?   🤔

• Agree 1

And the question mark at the end means I was asking you a question, asking whether you agree with what I wrote .

I was asking you a question , although the question may not have been in perfect English 

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If Jurors need to read the law from placards on the way into a court , then should ot be on a jury.

They should have basic knowledge of the law .

The nice old woman was trying to convince the jury to give a not guilty verdict , that is contempt of Court . 

Or should there be gangs of opposing groups outside Courts all shouting at the Jury and waving placards trying to convince the to give guilty/not guilty verdicts .

The nice old lady and that horrible Tommy Robinson were both outside a Court trying to get the verdict to go their way by persuading the jury to give a guilty/not guilty verdict 

• Thumbs Up 2

The last video I saw of Thunberg was of a journalist trying to have a serious conversation with her about the issues she was was protesting. She readily admitted she didn't actually know anything about any of the the issues. She even laughed about the fact that she was totally uneducated. She's just  a high school dropout that has name recognition and now just goes where she is told to go and says what she is told to say by her handlers.

A lot of what the eco idiots want is actually good, but when they stage protests and riots and block public roads I think all of that actually works against them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Excogitator said:

Funny, all the triggered rightwing-snowflakes, scared to death by a little girl from sweden..

Wrong. I'm triggered by the attention the luvvies give to a silly girl. There is no reason for me to be scared by her personally. I reserve being scared for gang members that might beat me to death for looking at them the wrong way.

12 hours ago, Purdey said:

I think she's serious and has good intentions. 

I think she just does what her handlers tell her to do.

There are millions of people on the planet with good intentions ( I even have a few of those myself ) but they don't go around upsetting other people.

13 hours ago, zhounan said:

Just pathetic media set-up, as usual.

By now they do not even realize that they have completely lost their grip on the brains of the western masses.

IMO whenever "climate change" is mentioned on the news, most people go and :coffee1:.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wrong. I'm triggered by the attention the luvvies give to a silly girl. There is no reason for me to be scared by her personally. I reserve being scared for gang members that might beat me to death for looking at them the wrong way.

It is not the luvvies giving her the attention.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, transam said:

Though Yaxley is not my flavour of the month, your "Peado supporting", where did you get that from.......?   🤔

Tommy Robinson is a hypocrite when it comes to opposing child sexual exploitation

"... he himself has an appalling record of confronting paedophilia and abuse within his own team and amongst his supporters. Lennon has consistently ignored or even defended occurrences of these crimes in his own ranks, proving that he is more concerned with attacking Muslims than actually combatting CSE or challenging sexual violence.

"It is now also clear that he has no interest in calling out child abuse amongst his own supporters. "

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Tommy Robinson is a hypocrite when it comes to opposing child sexual exploitation

"... he himself has an appalling record of confronting paedophilia and abuse within his own team and amongst his supporters. Lennon has consistently ignored or even defended occurrences of these crimes in his own ranks, proving that he is more concerned with attacking Muslims than actually combatting CSE or challenging sexual violence.

"It is now also clear that he has no interest in calling out child abuse amongst his own supporters. "

So he must investigate anyone who wants to follow his mind set....🤣

Do you follow and investigate your SNP.....Noooooooo...😁

Keep digging...........😂

• Like 1

Her constant law breaking should really lead to prosecution now.

When people keep deliberately re-offending, action needs to be taken. I wonder why it isn't? :coffee1:

I'm a big fan of Thunberg and support all her efforts to try to wake people up to the continuing human destruction of the Earth's biosphere. However, if she or any of her followers broke the law, they should be held accountable just like anyone else.

In fact Greta was detained twice. Immediately after being released from the first, she hurried back to the protests where she was rightfully so detained again as first one in that group. Detain & release, what a justice system.

On 4/6/2024 at 9:49 PM, soi3eddie said:

Let her go and protest in the biggest polluting countries and see how that goes. 

Let her come to Thailand and protest the air pollution there.  heh heh.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Professional protester. Not very good at it though.

Thanks. It must pay weii. But, judging from her face, constantly super-glueing herself to a road takes its toll.😋

• Haha 2