Greta Thunberg detained at The Hague climate demonstration

Social Media

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I have since read the details of his arrest. I am happy to confirm that it bears no similarities whatsoever with the case I mentioned other than they both took place outside a court. Glad to have cleared that up for you.

They were both trying to influences a Courts decision .

Both Holding placards up outside Courts for the jurors to read hoping to influences the courts decision 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They were both trying to influences a Courts decision .

Both Holding placards up outside Courts for the jurors to read hoping to influences the courts decision 

No, he was deliberately flouting a reporting ban by live streaming the events and aggressively filming the defendants when he already knew that there were restrictions in place against doing so. He was not holding a banner which stated a fact of law; he was holding a camera contrary to an earlier ruling by the judge. So you see, you are still wrong.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Social Media said:

attempted to block a major highway

They all should go to jail.

Maybe start with a week of jail. And if they do it again, a month in jail, 6 months next, ...

At some point they should be able to understand the concept.

By now little Greta is also old enough to understand those things.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

She was holding a sign which started a fact of law. Do you not think that it's important that jurors are made aware of the law? Would you prefer that they made decisions in ignorance?

I believe jurors are informed by the judge, at the beginning of the trial, to only take into account what happens inside the court.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

She is tenacious and trying to change things for the better. She should be applauded for that. 

Very good to see she's getting on people's nerves.

I would have thought protesters aims are the complete opposite.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I have since read the details of his arrest. I am happy to confirm that it bears no similarities whatsoever with the case I mentioned other than they both took place outside a court. Glad to have cleared that up for you.

Excellent. Glad you've cleared up the reason both were arrested.

It's called "contempt of court".

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I believe jurors are informed by the judge, at the beginning of the trial, to only take into account what happens inside the court.

Evidence - they are instructed only to take into account evidence presented to them in court. The accused in this case was not providing any comment on the facts of that particular case. She was making clear an aspect of the law.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Evidence - they are instructed only to take into account evidence presented to them in court. The accused in this case was not providing any comment on the facts of that particular case. She was making clear an aspect of the law.

Jurors don't get told the law in court? How strange. I wonder how the u derstand the charge and come to a decision.

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't think anyone would disagree that the charge against the wife beating fraudster and drug dealer, Yaxley Lennon, was justified. But in the case of the retired social worker, I would happily argue that the law, if applied correctly in this case, is an ass. In fact, it's a dangerous ass.

If one person is arrested for a crime because of what people think of them, then another is not arrested because of their previous career, that would be discrimination.

Discrimination is a terrible thing. Which ever way you look at it.

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

If one person is arrested for a crime because of what people think of them, then another is not arrested because of their previous career, that would be discrimination.

Discrimination is a terrible thing. Which ever way you look at it.

Fully agreed, but totally irrelevant to my post.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

What a s(t)upid comment.. She is still "little" in stature. Also, she has been an activist since she was 15, and they were as scared of her then as they are now.

The rich, who are the ones mostly responsible for climate change, cutting down millions of trees, are all making money on doing things which are hurting the environment. This has been happening for a very long time and our earth's had enough of it. If there were more like here, of course doing everything they can not to break the law, more people would be interested and get behind her to make changes.

A lot of people just a decade or two back said there isn't any climate change but I saw this coming as soon as they started on the Amazon Basin. Besides this, over harvesting and wasting a lot of species of fish just to get a select few is hurting the ocean, and when that runs out, we're in deep doodoo. They're still hunting whales, which is an abominable practice by ignorants who only care about profit, and not what they're doing to the ecosystem.

The protests here in this country are always shut down to stop talk about democracy. the rich elite want control, just as dictators do, and will kill to get those that protest quieted. They are scared of anyone who resists what they stand for.

"When a leader speaks, that leader dies". a line from the Cult of Personality song. The government surely killed John Kennedy and may have been involved in others. The rich want to stay rich, along with their friends, and there's only a couple of ways to stop them from ruining the earth for the rest of us, although one way is quite radical. We only have one earth, and if they're allowed to continue the rape, it won't be here for our grandchildren. I think what she's doing, although it might come with some problems, is commendable. People are scared of her because they aren't wanting to change their way of living.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

No, he was deliberately flouting a reporting ban by live streaming the events and aggressively filming the defendants when he already knew that there were restrictions in place against doing so. He was not holding a banner which stated a fact of law; he was holding a camera contrary to an earlier ruling by the judge. So you see, you are still wrong.

They were both outside a Court trying to influence a judges/jurors decision .

Whether Tommy was getting his message across by holding a banner or shouting the words through a microphone is quite irrelevant 

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't think anyone would disagree that the charge against the wife beating fraudster and drug dealer, Yaxley Lennon, was justified. But in the case of the retired social worker, I would happily argue that the law, if applied correctly in this case, is an ass. In fact, it's a dangerous ass.

So people that you agree with should be allowed to beak laws , but people you don't like should be arrested for breaking laws ?

Very  left wing mindset 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Fears over right to protest after woman with sign at climate trial prosecuted

Civil liberty campaigners have warned that the prosecution of a woman for holding up a placard about the rights of jurors outside a court is part of the government’s increasing attacks on the right to protest.

Crazy left-wingers, always lying.  🙄

The woman had a sign saying "Jurors you have an absolute right to acquit a defendant according to your conscious", so literally trying to pressure the jurors to deliver the verdict she wanted in the case being tried.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, you will have to explain that one..........🤭

That means, this whole thing you have going on here is all happening in your mind, and you are then projecting it onto others...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It is totally relevant. You condemn one but condone the other.

Indeed - one was deliberately flouting a court order, the other was highlighting a published point of law.

• Haha 2