Verruca Laser Treatment

There is a Doctor in Bangkok very popular with Expats - Dr RTobinson and she runs the MedConsult Clinic. I am sure they do wart removal - but call and ask.  I have used her medical services several times in the past - very good.  MedConsult Clinic | International Medical Clinic in Bangkok (medconsultasia.com)  If they dont provide that service, then ask where you can go to get it done.  I would be careful of any non-qualified 'medical professionals' in Thailand operating in a local Mall/Clinic. 

Verrucas, thanks for the memory. I haven't heard of them for decades. If I were you, I'd avoid hi-tech initially (it will cost you much more). But some OTC Wart-Gone (?spelling) which uses skin freezing or a salicylic acid based therapy or similar and try that first.

Mine responded to silver nitrate decades back and haven't been heard from since. But I don't think silver nitrate is OTC.

7 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

There is a Doctor in Bangkok very popular with Expats - Dr RTobinson and she runs the MedConsult Clinic. I am sure they do wart removal - but call and ask.  I have used her medical services several times in the past - very good.  MedConsult Clinic | International Medical Clinic in Bangkok (medconsultasia.com)  If they dont provide that service, then ask where you can go to get it done.  I would be careful of any non-qualified 'medical professionals' in Thailand operating in a local Mall/Clinic. 

Dr. Donna Robinson and she can indeed remove warts/verrucas but uding cryo not laser. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, retarius said:

Verrucas, thanks for the memory. I haven't heard of them for decades. If I were you, I'd avoid hi-tech initially (it will cost you much more). But some OTC Wart-Gone (?spelling) which uses skin freezing or a salicylic acid based therapy or similar and try that first.

Mine responded to silver nitrate decades back and haven't been heard from since. But I don't think silver nitrate is OTC.

I previously had a large verruca around 14 years ago. It had been there a couple of years & I tried all the OTC remedies, duct tape etc.

Eventually I lost patience and had it surgically cut out at the hospital in Buriram. A deep wound with 7 stitches & quite debilitating for a few days, alongside the inconvenience of going back to the hospital everyday to have it cleaned, antibiotics etc. The bloody thing also returned whilst the scar was still healing! Thank fully, the surgical procedure must have stimulated my immune system, as it was gone within a few of weeks.

This verruca appeared around 4 years ago & given my previous experience, I haven’t bothered with the OTC treatments. I rather hoped it would eventually go away but, I’’m losing patience. Not enough to have another verruca surgically removed though.

I have had it pared down a couple of times at a local podiatrist here in the UK. They offer the new Swift Verruca Treatment which takes longer, as a lower success rate & isn’t that much cheaper than Laser treatment. 

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Dr. Donna Robinson and she can indeed remove warts/verrucas but uding cryo not laser. 

I rather had this in mind than cryo. 

https://thebarnclinic.co.uk/laser/laser-wart-verruca-treatment/

The fact that that the above treatment indicates only 24 hours downtime from sport/swimming is most appealing.

The Bangkok Aesthetic Clinic seemingly as the same brand of laser but, no mention of wart/verruca removal.

On 4/7/2024 at 2:54 AM, ClaytonSeymour said:

Any recommendations for having laser treatment on a verruca in Bangkok? Experience & costs would be appreciated.

Depends on the type of warts actually.

Many you can remove by treatment with pure citrus oil, twice a day. They change their colour after some time and one day you can remove them easily with a dry cloth or towel.