Stale beer

On 4/9/2024 at 4:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.... I tried Carabau the other day for the first time....   'orrible is the word - way to malty for my tastes.

7-11 (In Bangkok) now sells a couple of good beers from the Fullmoon  Brew works in Phuket - very good IPA beers (IMO).

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 16.36.34.png

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 16.38.05.png

The yellow one is nice, better than the snowy one. The blue one is too weak, but I guess if you're watching the carbs it's better than nothing. 

I've been checking the dates now for along time as I inadvertently once bought a case that was several months old and had to throw the whole lot away it tasted so bad.

IME 3 months is about the max to sustain a good taste so I always try to buy as close to the date I am shopping on the case filled by date.

On 4/10/2024 at 12:06 PM, Lacessit said:

3 months or less in a hot climate.

12 weeks or less is about right for Thailand, depending on brew type, transportation and storage.  Safe limit is 6 weeks for a hoppy brew, borderline for bottled Archa, Asahi or Bud.

Just bought a can of Snowy IPA and put it in 5he fridge for later.  Checked the fill date 15 Feb 24...hope it's going to be OK. 

At 79 baht a can I don't particularly want to throw it out but it's getting close to it. It was in the fridge at Lotus'sss (Not that that guarantees anything). 

Looking forward to see if it suits my taste buds. 

Ok just got the Snowy New England IPA out of the freezer so it's properly cold. 

Very cloudy beer... Just like craft beer. 

Initial taste: Strong on hop flavour

Follow thru:  lingering bitter taste. 

Verdict: It's ok but not something I'd drink everyday. It's a 5% beer and doesnt feel like it would kick you in the arse at all. I'd probably drink this on special occasions. 

It's got more body than the Tawandang IPA but considering it 79 baht vs 60 baht I'd expect so. 

Those that like craft beer would enjoy this. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Verdict: It's ok but not something I'd drink everyday. It's a 5% beer and doesnt feel like it would kick you in the arse at all. I'd probably drink this on special occasions. 

Spot on!