is any bank account good for proof of funds?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Then don't faff about with the latter? Ultimately, it's placing peanuts above her financial security.

The Fixed term gives better interest rates, and you can also add your wife's name to that type of account using the bank's power of attorney.

• Confused 1

we went to bkk bank, next to krung thai and finally to scb. scb gave the best interest on fixed term account for 1 year at 1.7%. we went to immigration to ask if a fixed term bank account is acceptable and we were told yes by the lady that does the extensions [in maptaput, rayong].

we got the immi letter to open an account for 500bht. i chose bkk bank at 1.6%interest rate cos i have an account in pattaya with my 800 000bht and it is easier to transfer my money this way. now i will get 128000bht in interest minus 15% annual tax rather than 3200bht a year minus tax.

i am aware there are ways to make more money on 800 000bht but this is practical and convenient for me. immi letter dept was a bit busy, but all done by 15 30. thanks to @KhunBENQ for info and everyone else. 

7 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i chose bkk bank at 1.6%interest rate cos i have an account in pattaya with my 800 000bht and it is easier to transfer my money this way. now i will get 128000bht in interest minus 15% annual tax rather than 3200bht a year minus tax

800000× 0.016= 12800 minus tax.

If your happy that's good.

Unless OP wants to continue thread perhaps time to close. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I thought that you were looking for an alternative to your present bank with an account that would pay a better rate of interest than you are getting now.   What is your present bank and how much interest are you earning?  Your question didn’t seem to about “just visas.”

a bit of both...

1. will immi accept a fixed interest account? --> yes

2. can i get better interest than now? --> yes

present bank bkk bank     old interest  .046%       new interest  1.6%

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

800000× 0.016= 12800 minus tax.

If your happy that's good.

its all good jack. thanks for giving me options. why i dont worry is because the house is paid for, the cars are paid for, no worries about health insurance i have thai social security and we like to stay home so no need for a budget to travel. i have a small income every month and my better half works. so we dont need much in terms of interest and frankly i am dumb in this line... the 800 can stay in the bank until i die then better 1/2 can enjoy 👻

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

its all good jack. thanks for giving me options. why i dont worry is because the house is paid, the cars are paid, no worries about health insurance and we like to stay home so no need for budget to travel. i have a small income every month and my better half works. so we dont need much interest and frankly i am dumb in this line... the 800 can stay in the bank for until i die then better 1/2 can enjoy 👻

No issue.

Thinking you save about $275usd per year in opportunity cost. 

So better than nothing. 

Make sure your wife can have quick access to the dosh. 

OP, has his answer. Thread closed. 

• Agree 1