90 days nightmare

Dirk Z

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

According to your post, you waited too long to try and report online, the place was a LOT more crowded than usual, there were some 400 people ahead of you and you went an hour before lunch BUT, in the end, 1 of the officers seeing you were an elderly gentleman pulled you into his cubicle to take care of you personally.

Then you claim it felt like you were being harassed and thought YOU should have been treated better than all others doing the exact same thing because you support a Thai family. You sir, have strange (one-sided) principles.

Perhaps next time you should arrange to be carried in on a hand chariot with fair maidens tossing rose petals as the sea of humanity parts, genuflecting before you?

I don't think you understand the gist of my post. Discussion closed.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:19 PM, bob smith said:

we are all treated like criminals here.

Yeah, I opined in another thread recently that the whole 90 day reporting scheme made me feel kind of like a crook on parole.

Judging from their responses, I think I inadvertently hurt some of the apologists' feelings.

Oh well - boot lickers gonna boot lick, I guess.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:14 PM, Dirk Z said:

According to the red stamp on my previous notification my next 90 days was due on April 8th. I did the report online. To my surprise I received an email the next day that it was rejected. This had happened twice before. The first time was because I re-entered the country, this is how it was explained to me at CW, the second time because I had a new passport. So this time everything seemed in place for an online report. I drove off to CW where I got my queue ticket at 10:43 a.m. At that time there were 387 in the queue before me. The place was crowded like I had never seen before. Maybe because of the upcoming holidays and the past day off. So I waited and waited but I was assured that I would be taken care of the same day. Around 4:30 p.m. the counter started to speed up without more people being served. A long queue line formed. Suddenly I was tapped on the shoulder by an officer who summoned me into a cubicle together with another elderly farang with grey hair. Here I was quickly served. The explanation for not being able to report online was that “ON” should be read as “BEFORE”. My personal explanation is that their online system was once again messed up and that this was the main reason for the crowd. This was confirmed by some others in the queue who also could not do their report online. This whole 90 days business is an annoying nuisance. But in this case it felt more like harassment. I am probably not the only one who feels that a little more gratitude and respect for those who bring money into the country and often support complete families is due.

I was there also usually it's in and out within the hour.

I was told my online was refused because I had put my arrival date in the online system and the officer said I should not, it's put automatic when I arrive she said, and then she said next time you put arrival date... If I put the arrival date that was 14 January and it was automatically updated why just simple ignore I put it in the online form instead of reject and force me to spend a day in CW. I asked how to avoid this problem next time I've been abroad but my question was simply ignored. So with your information I would guess the first 90day report after a trip to another country always has to be done in person since I believe the arrival date is mandatory in the online form. Another time was also after a new passport, but that is kind of understandable. One time something went wrong with my TM30, they changed from 208/46 (67), my compete house number, to 67 only when my wife do exactly the same report she always have done. The next time after I only put 67, and it worked for a few times. My wife had done a tm30 in feb and payed the late fees and I thought they had fd up the address again.

I arrived to CW just after lunch like I have done some times before when online didn't work, and usually done within the hour. Yesterday I had 366 people ahead of me, and they were serving less than one person each minute, I estimated to be done by midnight. But then they open 5 instead of 3 counters inside and after a short while 10-20 was called at a time to queue up "Manually". And soon they started to take 3 by 3 outside to where they usually handle TM30. At first I thought is was not fair since I was the next in line with number 528. but after I realize they had 3 counters out side and there is was not a que of 3 i believe it was ok. If they would be as effective as they were the last hour and a half there would never be a queue at all.

Also a group of 21 what I believe was Chinese young students living at the same address messed the 10-20 queue up, and all of them apparently had to pay 2,000 baht overstay fee. They probably were up for VISA renewal and needed to show 90 day report. Maybe good idea simply skip the 90 day report and if you have not been in another country within 90 days of renewal just pay the fees for 90 days, and I guess my wife need to pay for TM30 also.

Skip this 90 day reporting crap, and have people to report if you change living address. I have been reporting same address for 7 years now.

I do my ol' friend's 90-day on my PC for him, as he is at death's door, done it a few times.

In June, he needs to renew his extension, which is another hurdle to sort if he hasn't departed.  😢

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I do my ol' friend's 90-day on my PC for him, as he is at death's door, done it a few times.

In June, he needs to renew his extension, which is another hurdle to sort if he hasn't departed.  😢

Oh, I hope your friend manage a few more 90 day reports. and they are very very convenient to do online but apparently you have to do in person (or send a messenger) first time after have changed address, been to another country or have received a new passport.

On this topic, it is a bit frustrating when you the get the Online report rejected and instruction to go to Immigration immediately, but no explanation why it was rejected. Could say address does not match TM30, To early or to late filed, wrong arrival date or what ever reason the officer rejected it. And go Immediately? Usually you have another week or two before you actually is getting fined after it has expired. -14 days to + 7 you can report in person.

And on another note, while visiting CW yesterday it was actually nice to se all officers dressed in Songkran t-shirts instead of the normal boring beige uniforms. Took a few minutes before I realized they were not normal visitors.

8 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Oh, I hope your friend manage a few more 90 day reports. and they are very very convenient to do online but apparently you have to do in person (or send a messenger) first time after have changed address, been to another country or have received a new passport.

Thankfully, in his case, there are no hurdles...🤗