Anglican Church

CrossBones

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Not a fanatic like Jehovah's Witnesses.

Well show me a jehovas witness that thinks he is a fanatic. They are no different to you

13 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Dead for a few days and came back to life? Really ??  Don't believe all you see on youtube and tiktok. But  You should try using google too, check out the origin of the saying "saved by the bell"  and while you are at it you could check out the loch ness monster and bigfoot for good measure

I can say the same for you. I don't know who or what swayed you away from God but obviously you believe someone who's told you there isn't a God. This also without proof. When a monk tells you something after he's been declared dead for a few days, it means something. A monk usually doesn't believe in God, so when he says he saw Buddha in hell, it could be true. Maybe he made the story up for some reason, but why?

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Well show me a jehovas witness that thinks he is a fanatic. They are no different to you

I don't go door to door , handing out pamphlets. I say what I need to say, and don't force what I believe on others. When a person gets to adult years, with all that's around as far as belief in God, and they turn against it, there's a reason. No scientist or anyone else has any proof God doesn't exist, so it's usually ,like said before, that someone the person trusted either forced religion down their throats in an abusive or forceful way, threatening them, or they lost a friend or family member way too young for some stupid disease and ask, if there's a God, why does he allow this, along with all the other bad things that happen to people. We aren't meant to last forever, and there's a reason for that. Life after death. Yes, I think everyone should live a long, healthy and happy life, but if we did, we wouldn't have a need for God, especially if he doesn't yet show himself.

26 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Where as you consider it perfectly acceptable to inflict  your opinions on everybody. Your job  as you chose to describe it , your divine right perhaps?

I'm not "inflicting" my opinions. I'm telling my beliefs. If you don't want to hear them, don't read or comment.

16 hours ago, Shetraveler said:

There is nothing in this world more disgusting than religious colonization.

How about eating a live monkey's brains from its sawed-open skull - while performing religious colonization.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 3:57 PM, Korat Kiwi said:

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

And I say anyone that believes the universe, which is composed of matter, came into being from a big bang that just happened by itself, is out there also.

It's a theory. Science doesn't pretend to have a final and immutable truth like religion. It's a process using best available knowledge until better evidence is available. Religion by it's very nature dies with evidence. That's why there is no evidence of a creator God.

Edited by Baht Simpson
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

It's a theory. Science doesn't pretend to have a final and immutable truth like religion. It's a process using best available knowledge until better evidence is available. Religion by it's very nature dies with evidence. That's why there is no evidence of a creator God.

Besides what you've seen everyday of your life, no.

28 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Besides what you've seen everyday of your life, no.

No. In the whole of human existence there has been no evidence of a creator God, much less a Christian one. There are only natural occuring events that religions attribute to God without a shred of evidence. Faith and belief are the antithesis of evidence by their very definition. 

15 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

No. In the whole of human existence there has been no evidence of a creator God, much less a Christian one. There are only natural occuring events that religions attribute to God without a shred of evidence. Faith and belief are the antithesis of evidence by their very definition. 

Human existence, along with all other species, plants, earth, planets, solar system, universe, are all evidence of a creator. Natural occurring events by what else?  A big explosion that created all this diversity, out of nowhere? There is no evidence that this all happened by itself, so you believe what you want, and we all meet God, so you can explain it to him when you see him. Tell him fredwiggy tried.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Human existence, along with all other species, plants, earth, planets, solar system, universe, are all evidence of a creator. Natural occurring events by what else?  A big explosion that created all this diversity, out of nowhere? There is no evidence that this all happened by itself, so you believe what you want, and we all meet God, so you can explain it to him when you see him. Tell him fredwiggy tried.

A problem with believing in a Creator is that it leaves the question as to the origins of that Creator.

1 minute ago, 0ffshore360 said:

A problem with believing in a Creator is that it leaves the question as to the origins of that Creator.

Hard for us to fathom that he was always here but again, it's God.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Hard for us to fathom that he was always here but again, it's God.

Or not. It is the incapacity of comprehension of existence that even for people of science can be compensated for by utilizing the God justification.

That would be unimportant if it were not for the very relevant damage humans do to each other based on religious argument over that which is a concept .

I know more than one who also is convinced about a flat earth and the inescapable firmament .

"earth to earth,ashes to ashes, dust to dust ...in the "sure and certain Hope".....

Edited by 0ffshore360

42 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You don't seem to understand what evidence is. Atheism is based on a lack of evidence of a creator god. Faith is also based on lack of evidence. Both admit there is no evidence of a creator god. 

Give God my regards when you see him Fred. 🙂 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:39 AM, freeworld said:

Thank you for correctly classifying Christ Church as Protestant, very few seem to know the meaning of the word nowadays.

On 4/10/2024 at 1:09 PM, brianthainess said:

I just don't understand why anybody would want to join a cult of nonsense and fantasy. 

Sorry but they are all nonsense to me. 

Then why comment? Your disrespect for the faith of others shows a lot about your character and tolerance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

You don't seem to understand what evidence is. Atheism is based on a lack of evidence of a creator god. Faith is also based on lack of evidence. Both admit there is no evidence of a creator god. 

Give God my regards when you see him Fred. 🙂 

Please don't assume, like others do here, what I do or don't know, because it's far above your learning ability. I love when they try to teach you, when you knew what they're trying to teach 50 plus years ago. Romper room.

1 hour ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Or not. It is the incapacity of comprehension of existence that even for people of science can be compensated for by utilizing the God justification.

That would be unimportant if it were not for the very relevant damage humans do to each other based on religious argument over that which is a concept .

I know more than one who also is convinced about a flat earth and the inescapable firmament .

"earth to earth,ashes to ashes, dust to dust ...in the "sure and certain Hope".....

Free will sure did a number on us, although it was necessary.

27 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Free will sure did a number on us, although it was necessary.

You have problem with "free will"  as in the capacity to formulate individual consideration of reality as it presents itself within the confines of understanding what is known?

Do you prefer to perpetuate submission to an unverified sectarian "faith" in one of the many proffered over the millenia?

If I had a preference it would be for Zoroastrianism because it  seems to acknowledge the  perplexity of existence and similtaneously respecting natural laws to perpetuate conformity to those laws.

49 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Please don't assume, like others do here, what I do or don't know, because it's far above your learning ability.

So, I give an explanation of what I understand atheism and faith to be and you respond with a childish insult. Romper room indeed. 

My point was based on your actual words, not a blithe assumption. 

14 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

So, I give an explanation of what I understand atheism and faith to be and you respond with a childish insult. Romper room indeed. 

My point was based on your actual words, not a blithe assumption. 

No, you assumed I didn't know what evidence means. I do. Atheism is a lack of belief in God, or any gods for that matter. I also knew this in Catholic school, more than 55 years ago. It's not for a lack of evidence but a belief, for a number of personal reasons. I mentioned these reasons before. many are forced to learn about God, which turns some away. Many are taught by abusive parents, which also turns them away because if your parents are abusive to you, how can you trust what they say. Others lose faith because how can a loving God make diseases and they see family and friends die and blame God for it, then they stop believing in God because no God would do this, not realizing we all die and some die for no apparent reasons other than bad luck, succumbing to some disease which they believe shouldn't be here, and too young. I have no answer to this besides that. We all die, and no matter if we live to 110 or 10 months, we still die and what comes next? Forever is a long time. Some think all there is is blackness. Believers think differently. I don't have to give God your regards. You and I and everyone else will meet him someday.

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:
31 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, you assumed I didn't know what evidence means.

Not true. I didn't assume anything. You stated this,

"Human existence, along with all other species, plants, earth, planets, solar system, universe, are all evidence of a creator."

If you think because plants and planets exist that's proof of God then your grasp of what evidence is is patchy at best. 

And when you meet your God ask him to forgive you for your uncharitable and unChristian remark about my "learning abilities."

For avoidance of doubt I have no problem with your beliefs or lack of them, just your logic. Unless you believe in the inerrancy of the bible, then I do have a problem.

Edited by Baht Simpson

1 minute ago, Baht Simpson said:

Not true. I didn't assume anything. You stated this,

"Human existence, along with all other species, plants, earth, planets, solar system, universe, are all evidence of a creator."

If you think because plants and planets exist that's proof of God then your grasp of what evidence is is patchy at best. 

And when you meet your God ask him to forgive you for your uncharitable and unChristian remark about my "learning abilities."

For avoidance of doubt I have no problem with your beliefs or lack of them, just your logic.

Evidence of a creator is a better explanation than it happened from nothing, which is what non believers believe. You cannot prove God doesn't exist so my grasp of what evidence is could be exact. You said, "You don't seem to understand what evidence is",  so I came back with what I said about you assuming you know me. We will find out when we die, so maybe it's best not to argue religion and such. I, and other believers, not only go by faith but by the miracles of life around us. My statement there is no way everything came to be without a creator makes sense.

Ever notice that religious beliefs are almost always entirely based on where you happended to be born/grow up  and brainwashed into that cult?  One thing most have in common is that "their" religion is the "true" one and all the others are full of BS. Brainwashing at it's finest.

If you were born in Iraq then muslim is the one true religion

Born in Italy or South America?  Be a good Catholic

Born in India?  Hindu for you.

Born in Thailand?  Buddha is your go to guy.

Born in west?  Praise jesus

Born in Haiti....Voo Doo for you

Why is it so difficult for people to just agree that there is some power that created the universe and it is simply beyond human comprehension to know what that power might be? 

In other words, I don't know and neither does any other human no matter how many cults try to say otherwise.

16 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Human existence, along with all other species, plants, earth, planets, solar system, universe, are all evidence of a creator. Natural occurring events by what else?  There is no evidence that this all happened by itself, so you believe what you want,

Yup Fred, by whatever means we are here, by what else?.    Mmmmn Is God a showoff? 😉

We can choose to give thanks for every breath we take, every view we see, to enjoy this beautiful planet, in gravity and fresh air; just two basics we can't see yet believe in, the miracle of life re babies and the love we can show to each other in our brief stopover here.       

Call this naive but could it auger better than some posters choose to live, love hate the thought of being God-provided? so believe what you want without irrelevant condemnations.

Call it God the creator or whatever we choose, and is described well in the video "indescribable". 

Edited by Jing Joe
edit

15 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

My statement there is no way everything came to be without a creator makes sense.

So ok , lets say I'll give you the benefit of the doubt,  and i accept your argument that there is or  was a  creator.    Where does your fairy tale concept oh "heaven and hell" come from ?  

I just don't understand why anybody would want to join a cult of nonsense and fantasy. 

You don't need to.

• Agree 1

On 4/12/2024 at 11:42 AM, Bday Prang said:

So ok , lets say I'll give you the benefit of the doubt,  and i accept your argument that there is or  was a  creator.    Where does your fairy tale concept oh "heaven and hell" come from ?  

Matthew 10:28

So?  The OP didn't ask your opinion about religion - your post adds zero to this thread.

I am not the slightest bit religious, but I don't condemn others who are religious or have differing views from me.

OP, I do not have any facts to answer your question, since my knowledge of these churches is very small.

• Thanks 1