Non O Retirement Visa

I have recently renewed my UK passport, my non O retirement visa expires in February 2025.Do I need to get it transferred to my new passport immediately, or can I wait until I apply for my renewal in February 2025

OP, you can transfer stamps/information any time you want.

Yes can leave it till extension renewal. 

Best idea is to transfer prior to that.

Currently I'm traveling with old and new passports as CW would not transfer reentry permit as it was issued DMK.

Be aware to update your bank with new pp details.

Note: for folk having their stamps transferred at CW they now requure proof of money in bank (if using that method) 

Caught me out recently and was made to go downstairs to update bankbook and photocopy the pages since last extension. 

• Thanks 1

totally up to you>
got a new passport in Nov, just renewed my extension end of march and i had stamps done at same time
I wont update drivers license till its due ( next feb)  but will advise bank, when i get around to it

• Agree 1

I have an account at Bangkok Bank and when I got my new passport and had the stamps transferred, I went to the bank as I thought I would need to update that.  However, after talking to several people there, they said that I didn't have to do anything about updating my information.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

A few years back, the IO at CW said if I was planning on leaving Thailand and returning they would transfer the stamps to new PP, if not leaving they would do it at extension time........

7 hours ago, Presnock said:

I have an account at Bangkok Bank and when I got my new passport and had the stamps transferred, I went to the bank as I thought I would need to update that.  However, after talking to several people there, they said that I didn't have to do anything about updating my information.

It has been 5 years so maybe Bangkok Bank has changed policy, but when I got a new passport, I had to go to Bangkok Bank and have passport number changed with many signatures and many photocopies.

• Like 1

SmokeandIce - I went to BB 2 months ago with my new passport just after I had the stamps transferred and talked to several of the reps there... I was talking to one of them and I guess others thought that since I was a farang, they came over to see what we were talking about and they all agreed that didn't have to change anything with my account and new passport #.  This was in CM.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Banks probably a lot like immigration - location makes up their own set of rules,,,TIT

A Tip: get your bank to update passport #.

If you are using money in bank the income letter will need to reflect your new pp #

That's immigration issue not a bank issue. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

A Tip: get your bank to update passport #.

If you are using money in bank the income letter will need to reflect your new pp #

That's immigration issue not a bank issue. 

switched to LTR so 10 more years of not being concerned with this crap, though I would be exempt as my pension is also a US govt Pension and the US never fails to deduct taxes every month.  But, on other expat forums in this region, some countries are ignoring any pensions for taxation purposes but seems like ex-pats everywhere do have concerns too.  Amazing that there are so many users every time this is opened up again.  One would think that the local govt would recognize this as a potential deterent for future retirees and their monies plus those that do leave when they might not even be affected by this new process.  Good luck to all!  Stay happy ...seeing as how so many economic "experts" are predicting worldwide recession! in the near future anyway.  

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

If you ever need to withdraw cash from a branch counter, as opposed to an ATM, you'd be requested to supply your passbook and passport.
If you didn't change your passport details, then your ID won't match the information on their system.

What they appear to have not informed you is you'd have to carry and provide both passports in that situation.

Thanks for the heads up - if I ever need to withdraw cash then I will be sure to carry both passports.  But, the odds of that are pretty slim as I haven't done a cash withdrawal for more than 10 years ago anyway but...one never knows especially here in Thailand.  

57 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Thanks for the heads up - if I ever need to withdraw cash then I will be sure to carry both passports.  But, the odds of that are pretty slim as I haven't done a cash withdrawal for more than 10 years ago anyway but...one never knows especially here in Thailand.  

Your posts are off topic.

The OP asked if transfer of stamps needs to be done immediately. 

Answer: No.

I suggested he should update bank account info. And yes he should.

Your LTV and banking habits is of little interest. 

On 4/10/2024 at 8:52 PM, SmokeandIce said:

It has been 5 years so maybe Bangkok Bank has changed policy, but when I got a new passport, I had to go to Bangkok Bank and have passport number changed with many signatures and many photocopies.

renewed passport six months ago, needed to go to main branch to register.
Other branch took details, but no upload to database. 
Whenever I withdrew cash got telephone calls next day to verify whether it was me.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 8:52 PM, SmokeandIce said:

Banks are like IO's they all make up their own rules. This is Thailand.