Russian Man Arrested in Phuket with 351 Days of Overstay

webfact

11 minutes ago, pomchop said:

maybe they should run a search on their computers and share exactly how many overstay people are in thailand and then go try and find them and arrest and deport them?....seems pretty simple for a computer program to match people who arrived for xxx days and compare to see if they also departed druing their permitted time of stay

i guess then they would need to actually  resist the urge to accept a fat envelope from many to look the other way...

Hey, that's being too reasonable. The cops greedy wives need the latest I-phone 17 and a new Toyota Fortuner plus a Platinum card to show off at the mall with to their rich girlfriends. I feel great compassion for all these honest cops who are forced to keep their consumer women happy.

These stories just get more confusing by the day, is it just me?

He entered Thailand with a NON-IMMIGRANT 90 day visa *5 years ago in September*  his visa expired in April last year.  Did I miss something? 

Why does Goong still have a job or is just Thai Maths? 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Phuket –A Russian man was arrested in Koh Kaew, Phuket City after he was found to have overstayed his legal visa by 351 days.

Phuket Immigration told the Phuket Express that earlier this week they arrested a suspect identified only as MR. SERGEY, a 46 year old Russian national, on a road in a housing estate in Koh Kaew.

The arrest followed after the Phuket Immigration officers found through their computer system that MR. SERGEY was overstaying.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-04-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

Good bye, Russky. One way ticket 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Hey, that's being too reasonable. The cops greedy wives need the latest I-phone 17 and a new Toyota Fortuner plus a Platinum card to show off at the mall with to their rich girlfriends. I feel great compassion for all these honest cops who are forced to keep their consumer women happy.

If they have an i-phone 17 those wives are well ahead of the game.....

software update 17.5 due in May some time....

10 hours ago, OJAS said:

So he'll only be banned from entering Thailand again for 5 years. Had he been nabbed 15+ days later (allowing for the fact that 2024 is a leap year), he would have received a 10-year ban!

https://www.tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/

He'll likely be arrested after deportation to Russia. I doubt even a 10 year ban would make much difference - he won't 'be back'! 😄