Big C Extra food court like school dinners experience

scubascuba3

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

falang sitting for one hour with a coffe occuyping a table

You'd have to be there for an hour yourself to know such a thing.  Perhaps the man you described was intentionally trying to inconvenience shoppers.  This song comes to mind:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, stuandjulie said:

You spend a whole 55 Baht on a meal and complain about eating with riff raff and the meal was poor, what do you expect Gordon Ramsey and the place packed with multi millionaires ? Ffs.

Can get a much better meal outside for the price, unfortunately my 1st to 4th choices were closed, so Big C Extra a last resort

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

The food Court is for the farangs who can't afford to eat at Cheap Charlies. Best avoided.

Nearly all the food there is Thai. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Did you go there to look at/enjoy the food or the customers?

Who cares who the other customers are in a dining area as long as they are not misbehaving!

He did said Dirty Falang..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I don't think baked beans would be allowed in such a classy establishment!

😁 Images of Blazing Saddles come to mind!

Not to be sniffed at.

I use to have them gill up some food in the meat department and eat in the food court....But they raised the meat prices sky high now....I no longer shop for meat at Big C, I now go to Makro......

I think the best bet now is to get a sub at subway and eat in the food court....That is if you dont mind all the dirty cheap charlie expats....lol

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can get a much better meal outside for the price, unfortunately my 1st to 4th choices were closed, so Big C Extra a last resort

Thats some fine dining you partake in, ranked like a champ! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Old guys sitting around a food court chatting with other old guys, soaking in free air-con while nursing a single coffee for hours.......

So what if they do?

Unbesknown to your tunnel-visioned farangs, food court is a way of life in the East. It serves a communal purpose and yes, old people are more revered here than in the West.

FYI, by Thai laws the supermarkets such as BigC, Lotus are required to open year round to serve the general populace. MY local Lotus foodcourt for its post covid-reopening had all the (basic) dishes prized at 25 baht and they did that for 3 months straight. Where do you get that in your lovely West?

Edited by watthong
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, watthong said:

And unlike the other kind of farangs: gruffy-looking, sweaty, red-faced ones in shorts and pony tail, running around barking orders in their own language to those behind the counter.

To quote your words; 

4 hours ago, watthong said:

What do you have against these folks?

Oh the irony, 555.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Celsius said:

I upgraded to Sizzler a decade ago and never looked back....

I was in Sizzlers years ago but I always like potatoes cooked in any way with a main meal. I would be a regular if they had that as everything else was great.

26 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You are being very judgmental, it’s probably all these people can afford, criticising people you don’t even know, just because they dress down doesn’t make them lower class or bad people, what’s do you regard yourself as ?

If its all they can afford then why is there usually a lady in tow?

Its a shame they can't make an effort like the women do. Both visually and socially. They shame they must endure, being seen with these scruffy people.

Edited by noobexpat
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, noobexpat said:

I might move to bangkok soon. Getting a bit bored of living amongst the typical pattaya expat.

The sooner the better - would you like a hand?  

2 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

If its all they can afford then why is there usually a lady in tow?

Its a shame they can't make an effort like the women do. Both visually and socially. They shame they must endure, being seen with these scruffy people.

They are are not bothered not many Thais are as judgmental as you plus it’s putting food in their stomachs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

They are are not bothered not many Thais are as judgmental as you plus it’s putting food in their stomachs.

They are not bothered? ...you asked them all? dumb comment

• Like 2