Jump to content

Tourist visa to stay over 30 days ??


Recommended Posts

If I could perhaps ask an expert on here 

If I arrive to Thailand from Australia on a 30 days visit  I don't require a visa BUT what are my options to if I wish to stay longer than 30 days?

 

Where can I go to in Bangkok to extend that by 7 days and does anyone know the cost ??

I recall there is a immigration office north of the Bangkok city?

 

Is it another option to leave the country and come back in ?

Would that be easier and cheaper?

I guess that would be a full day however ?

 

 

 

 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, pomchop said:

not sure re australia but a 60 day tourist visa is avaiable online for many countries and no need to go to immigration...

Your right unfortunately it seems all this has moved online rather than in person face to face like I used to do at the Thai consulate in Australia , unfortunately they no longer do face to face and from Australia I must submit this all online E visa 

 

It seems very complicated uploading itinerary , documents,etc and waiting 21 business days 

 

I will wait until I arrive in Thailand with my 30 days then apply for extra 15 days when I'm there and I change my departure flights ,( unfortunately with a fee)

Thankyou anyway 

Edited by georgegeorgia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your right unfortunately it seems all this has moved online rather than in person face to face like I used to do at the Thai consulate 

 

I will wait until I arrive in Thailand with my 30 days then apply for extra 15 days when I'm there and I change my departure flights 

Thankyou anyway 

The extension is 30 days

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The extension is 30 days

Yes , 

 I'm only staying an extra 15 but I don't know if it's easier to go with a visa company to the Cambodian border or go to immigration in Bangkok and probably sit there all day

I wonder if any visa agent could do it for me for a small fee when I arrive ?

 

I know it's 1900 baht for the visa ,I'm wondering if a visa agent would charge under 3,000 baht ? Would anyone know ?

 

It's no use paying out big money for a extra 2 weeks stay

 

I only need it extension by the 30 days  , ( I'm staying 45 days ) so just an extra 15 actually

 

.thanks guys and to those who personal message me 

 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm only staying an extra 15 but I don't know if it's easier to go with a visa company to the Cambodian border or go to immigration in Bangkok and probably sit there all day

I wonder if any visa agent could do it for me for a small fee when I arrive ?

You won't sit at Laksi all day and pretty sure appointment is available.

In any event far better option than a border bounce from Bangkok. 

Agents can obtain 30 day extension on your behalf.

Thai Visa Centre is one of several. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP you have posted constantly for months in the Pattaya forum that you'll be staying in Pattaya for this whole trip. If so you need to go to Jomtien immigration for your 30 day extension, not Bangkok.

  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

OP you have posted constantly for months in the Pattaya forum that you'll be staying in Pattaya for this whole trip. If so you need to go to Jomtien immigration for your 30 day extension, not Bangkok.

Yes thankyou P57

But I'm not sure they actually do extension of tourist visas ?

I thought it was only in Bangkok?

Do I have that incorrect?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes thankyou P57

But I'm not sure they actually do extension of tourist visas ?

I thought it was only in Bangkok?

Do I have that incorrect?

Yes, incorrect.

A 30 day stay isn't a tourist visa, its a visa exempt stay. You can extend a visa or a visa exempt stay anywhere in Thailand, but you would usually do it at the immigration office local to your accommodation.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes thankyou P57

But I'm not sure they actually do extension of tourist visas ?

I thought it was only in Bangkok?

Do I have that incorrect?

You won't have a tourist visa. You will get a 30 day visa exempt stamp on entry which you can then extend for 30 days at Jomtien.

 

Since you asked for an agent, Maneerat agency on soi 13/2 can do it. Not sure but I think it costs 4500 which obviously includes the 1900 immigration fee

 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You won't have a tourist visa. You will get a 30 day visa exempt stamp on entry which you can then extend for 30 days at Jomtien.

 

Since you asked for an agent, Maneerat agency on soi 13/2 can do it. Not sure but I think it costs 4500 which obviously includes the 1900 immigration fee

 

Thankyou guys i had no idea.

Much appreciated 🙏

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its very easy to do the extension in person, why pay 5000is baht for some one to do it when it costs 1900baht. It doesnt matter if you stay for an extra week or 30 days the extension gives you 30 days..and still costs the same.

  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Brock said:

Its very easy to do the extension in person, why pay 5000is baht for some one to do it when it costs 1900baht.

It's 4500-1900= 2600b 

For someone with mobility issues or not wanting to deal with one of the busy immigration offices its an option. 

To each their own

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou guys i had no idea.

Much appreciated 🙏

But you tell us you are always coming here and you didn't know about how to get an extension.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

will wait until I arrive in Thailand with my 30 days then apply for extra 15 days when I'm there and I change my departure flights ,( unfortunately with a fee)

Thankyou anyway 

If you know you are going to stay 40 or 45 days why not simply buy your expected departure date flight and a few days after you arrive go to an io anywhere in Thailand and buy a 30day extension it is easy and should take no more than 1 hour, just go in and ask for an extension, they are fully prepared for it and know what to do, I do this every time paying an agent for something as simple as that is a complete waste of money as is paying a fee to change your flight.

One word of caution, tea money is still very much a thing with io’s so hand over 2,000baht and do not expect or ask for any change, if the io offers change (unlikely) don’t accept it just quietly tip it back over the counter they will remember you next time

just go for it you will be surprised at how easy it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

after you arrive go to an io anywhere in Thailand

Quick update you can go to any io in Thailand but you must check in to a hotel in the city you are in and take a hotel card with you so they will know where you are staying and can check if they want to.

I have gone to an io within an hour of checking in and had no problem getting the extension 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

One word of caution, tea money is still very much a thing with io’s so hand over 2,000baht and do not expect or ask for any change, if the io offers change (unlikely) don’t accept it just quietly tip it back over the counter they will remember you next time

This is nonsense.  

 

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

....you can go to any io in Thailand but you must check in to a hotel in the city you are in and take a hotel card with you so they will know where you are staying and can check if they want to.

You may require a TM30 and prior to checking in you should establish if the hotel can give you screenshot of the TM30 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jimn said:

Just another of this OP's wind up posts and everyone falling for it.

Jimn I know your cranky  ,and all your personal financial problems, but please stop sending me personal messages,not interested in drinking in bars with you 

 

, I am a analyst and book reader, I must keep my mind alert  .not a drinker sorry 

My apologies to you , but I had to block you AND your other 2 profile names .

 

 

😲

Edited by georgegeorgia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You may require a TM30 and prior to checking in you should establish if the hotel can give you screenshot of the TM30 

I wrote about exactly what I do every time I come to Thailand and I have never had a problem, I simply tell the io where I am staying and they stamp my PP for an additional 30 days and give me a receipt for 1900baht clipped into my PP.

I never use the full 30 days leaving after 45 to 50 well within the 60 day period and airport io’s always smile and are very friendly.

As for a TM30 I have never been asked for one but I did once ask the hotel for a letter confirming my residence however the io did not even look at it so I have not bothered since, I just carry a hotel card should anything arise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

I wrote about exactly what I do every time I come to Thailand and I have never had a problem, I simply tell the io where I am staying and they stamp my PP for an additional 30 days and give me a receipt for 1900baht clipped into my PP.

And I wrote "You MAY require a TM30...." 

Obtaining a 30 day extension in Bangkok high chance. 

 

Many threads such as this indicate tm30 more often than not is required 

 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1292207-tm30/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The only negative to this ( extension of 30 days) is

 

Change of flight departure after you extend your 30 days 

 

My airline has a charge of $175 AUD...of course the alternative is go through the complications of applying for a E visa online before arrival in Thailand.

 

Edited by georgegeorgia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The only negative to this ( extension of 30 days) is

 

Change of flight departure after you extend your 30 days

You could have purchased a rent a flight from companies such as "onwardticket.com" 14usd

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The only negative to this ( extension of 30 days) is

 

Change of flight departure after you extend your 30 days 

 

My airline has a charge of $175 AUD...of course the alternative is go through the complications of applying for a E visa online before arrival in Thailand.

 

I've been travelling to Thailand from Aus for last 2 years with Singapore Airlines flight matching the 60 days of visa exempt + 30 day extension. Never had a problem.

 

Also the new e-visa available in Aus is very simple and quick. Took 5 minutes to apply for a non-imm O and I recieved it within 72 hours (got it on a Saturday as well)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I've been travelling to Thailand from Aus for last 2 years with Singapore Airlines flight matching the 60 days of visa exempt + 30 day extension. Never had a problem.

 

Also the new e-visa available in Aus is very simple and quick. Took 5 minutes to apply for a non-imm O and I recieved it within 72 hours (got it on a Saturday as well)

Perhaps I have this incorrect ?

Excuse me if I'm wrong ...

 

Could you guys tell me this....if I booked a flight to Thailand with more than a 30 day stay...say I booked departing Australia on June 1st arrival with a return of July 15th 45 days

,is it possible to ENTER Thailand without a visa? , someone told me the airline would not let me fly because my flight would be more than 30 day stay ?

 

So ....I had to book my flights June 1st to June 30th ( 30 days) so I can extend once I'm there ,...then it will cost me money to change the flight return date to July 15th once I'm there with the extension 

Did I do this wrong ...please tell me if I'm stupid???

 

 

Edited by georgegeorgia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

is it possible to ENTER Thailand without a visa? , someone told me the airline would not let me fly because my flight would be more than 30 day stay ?

It mostly depends on the airline and route.

If you are flying eg Jetstar to Thailand you have good chance of issue at check in without onward flight within 30 days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Jimn I know your cranky  ,and all your personal financial problems, but please stop sending me personal messages,not interested in drinking in bars with you 

 

, I am a analyst and book reader, I must keep my mind alert  .not a drinker sorry 

My apologies to you , but I had to block you AND your other 2 profile names .

 

 

😲

Thank you for confirming My opinion of you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...