What is this TM30 Immigration is asking for. I live in Laksi and was in IT Square where the immigration is and they turned nearly everyone away the other day saying you need the TM30 now and all documents. What on earth is that they are talking about? I heard go to your landlord and go to your hotel, that's it. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

When you arrived to thailand you need to report where you are staying in thailand to IO 

this is called TM30

you can do this via mobile app or going to IO by yourself.

you need: house owner ID copy / your passport copy / rental contract copy

This is a problem because I am not renting or staying in a hotel. My ex-wife is renting and on whatever documentation that exists, I am not. I can't prove where I stay unless the owner calls them up or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Deserted said:

This is a problem because I am not renting or staying in a hotel. My ex-wife is renting and on whatever documentation that exists, I am not. I can't prove where I stay unless the owner calls them up or something. 

CharlieH response is correct.  As possessor of the property where you are staying, your ex-wife can go with you to Immigration and bring with her a copy of the rental contract and her ID-card. Also a signed front-back copy of the landlord (owner) of the property's ID-card might be asked.  

In case that is not possible - her being your ex-wife and you might not be on speaking terms - you could simply book a cheap Hotel-room for one night (you don't even have to sleep there) before going to Immigration.  According to Thai law, the Hotel has to file a TM-30 that a foreigner is staying there, so you can simply ask for a copy of that TM-30 and then head towards Immigration.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. But really I was hoping for the source of the translation of Thai law you posted above. The PDFs you provided links to are different translations.

In particular I'm interested in this bit you posted as I've not seen this in the Thai law:

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Anybody wanting to extend their stay in Thailand, has to apply for an extension of stay at their local Imm Office, and in that case they will be confronted with the TM30 regulation as Thai Immigration requires that you provide and regularly confirm your ‘official address for immigration purposes’.  And of course, when relocating to a different address your local Imm Office needs to be notified of that change of address.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ningnong said:

Thanks. But really I was hoping for the source of the translation of Thai law you posted above. The PDFs you provided links to are different translations.

In particular I'm interested in this bit you posted as I've not seen this in the Thai law:

You are referring to the 90-day reporting requirement. 

By providing local Immigration with a TM-30 you notify them that you are staying at that address in their province, and it will become your 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  Immigration then wants you to report every 90 days that you are still residing at that address (the clock is reset if you exited Thailand and re-entered). 

The specific legislation should be addressed in one of the documents featured in the attached link:

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

You are referring to the 90-day reporting requirement. 

I am not referring to the 90 day reporting requirement. This thread is about the TM30 and you posted above about the law in regards to TM30.

You said "According to Thai law" and went on with what appears to be an English translation of Thai law regarding TM30 reporting requirements. I asked you for the source of that translation but you have not provided the source of that exact English translation nor a link the original Thai to support that translation.

Are you a human? Looks like ChatGPT at work here.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, ningnong said:

I am not referring to the 90 day reporting requirement. This thread is about the TM30 and you posted above about the law in regards to TM30.

You said "According to Thai law" and went on with what appears to be an English translation of Thai law regarding TM30 reporting requirements. I asked you for the source of that translation but you have not provided the source of that exact English translation nor a link the original Thai to support that translation.

You wrote that you were interested in the regulations addressing Thai Immigration requires that you provide and regularly confirm your ‘official address for immigration purposes’. To PROVIDE your address to Immigration the TM-30 is used.  To CONFIRM that you are still staying at that official address after 90 days, the 90-day reporting rules are applicable.

And yes I am human, and do take offense at your attitude on my genuine response to your question. 

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, ningnong said:

@Maestrothis nice gentleman has some questions about the source of the documents in the helpful thread you started a few years ago. Are you able to assist him with his enquiry?

https://aseannow.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

According to Thai law, the house-master, owner or possessor of the place where you are staying (which can be yourself, your wife/girlfriend, landlord or manager of Hotel/Guesthouse) needs to notify the local IO within 24 hours when a foreigner arrives at the premises.

The property can be a hotel, guesthouse, rental condo, friend's house, own place, etc.

Since 30 June 2020 that notification needs to be done only ONCE for the main place where you as foreigner are staying, as the filed TM30 will stay valid as long as the foreigner's permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when returning from a trip abroad using a Re-Entry Permit). 

Anybody wanting to extend their stay in Thailand, has to apply for an extension of stay at their local Imm Office, and in that case they will be confronted with the TM30 regulation as Thai Immigration requires that you provide and regularly confirm your ‘official address for immigration purposes’.  And of course, when relocating to a different address your local Imm Office needs to be notified of that change of address.

= = =

When you are staying in Thailand on a VisaExempt or Tourist Visa and want to extend your stay, you can apply for the one-time per entry ‘regular’ 30-day extension of stay.

On a VisaExempt or Tourist Visa entry you are free to stay wherever you want in Thailand, and so it is logical that you can apply for the ‘regular’ 30-day extension of stay at ANY Immigration Office in Thailand.  However, Immigration would want you to provide together with the filled-in TM-7 form to apply for the extension, also a TM-30 notification, stating that the place where you are staying has notified the Imm Office of your stay within 24 hours of your arrival.

When staying in a Hotel/Guesthouse, it is just a matter of requesting the reception staff to provide you with that TM30 notification, which by Thai law they are required to make of every foreigner staying at their premisses.  It is the reason why Hotels/Guesthouses will ask for your passport, as they need the passport-number, to fill-in that notification on the IO TM30 website.

Note: In the unlikely case that your hotel/guesthouse is not willing to provide you with that TM30 notification, even after you explained that you would need it for your extension application, you can simply take a Hotel business-card with you when going to Immigration so that Immigration can contact them about it.  

Regarding the following part of your detailed post:

"Since 30 June 2020 that notification needs to be done only ONCE for the main place where you as foreigner are staying, as the filed TM30 will stay valid as long as the foreigner's permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when returning from a trip abroad using a Re-Entry Permit)."

I had already realised this - and the re-entry permit applies in the main to those on retirement or marriage annual extensions I believe.

My question is this:

Do you know whether this also applies to people leaving and re-entering whilst on a One-Year Multiple-Entry (based on marriage from Savannakhet) - where there is no requirement for a Re-Entry permit, or is this exemption from redoing a TM30 each time one leaves and re-enters confined only to those on the long-term extensions mentioned? 

I haven't seen this clarified anywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raysunshineray said:

...My question is this:

Do you know whether this also applies to people leaving and re-entering whilst on a One-Year Multiple-Entry (based on marriage from Savannakhet) - where there is no requirement for a Re-Entry permit, or is this exemption from redoing a TM30 each time one leaves and re-enters confined only to those on the long-term extensions mentioned? 

I haven't seen this clarified anywhere.

I recall having seen it mentioned in a recent topic that the TM.30 is indeed necessary. Each arrival in Thailand with a multiple-entry non-O visa is an entry in its own right without regard to where you went to stay following your previous entry.

In practical terms, if you have no interaction with an immigration office within the 90-day permission of your stay the question whether your arrival was notified to immigration does not really arise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Some years ago, the dean of the law faculty of Thammasat University pointed me to www.krisdika.go.th, which is the website of the Office of the Council of State, ie the Cabinet, for thai laws. Of some laws, there is also an English translation on that site.

Currently, the link to the English translation of the Immigration Act on that site can be found on the page 

https://www.krisdika.go.th/web/guest/translations-of-law?p_p_id=LawLibrary_TranslationLawPortlet_INSTANCE_PxcK4uLURwgR&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_LawLibrary_TranslationLawPortlet_INSTANCE_PxcK4uLURwgR_javax.portlet.action=selectLawData&_LawLibrary_TranslationLawPortlet_INSTANCE_PxcK4uLURwgR_lawTypeName=I&_LawLibrary_TranslationLawPortlet_INSTANCE_PxcK4uLURwgR_lawTypeId=026011009&p_auth=iRsHIS9n&p_p_lifecycle=0

When it comes to procedures and rules for complying with immigration requirements, what really matters are the forms, rules and guidelines issued by the Immigration Bureau. Regarding the TM.30 discussed in this topic, much useful information has been posted here already. From experience, I would say that the "Regulation of Royal Thai Police on notification of a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted to temporary stay in the Kingdom" was published in the Royal Gazette. There is a website that has an archive of the editions of this publication but I can't remember the link at the moment, but I do remember that I gave up to try finding a particular publication on that site.  @ningnong, you may want to print out the PDF document of the regulation that has been posted in this topic and see if a lawyer proclaiming to be an expert in immigration matters can give you the date and number of the relevant issue of the Royal Gazette, or even better a link to it.

@ningnongFYI

• Thanks 1

I recently returned to Thailand on a 45 day visa exempt entry.  I am living in Bangkok, at the same address where I previously resided, and for which I submitted a TM 30 in May of last year.  Do I need to do a new TM 30 ?

40 minutes ago, allane said:

I recently returned to Thailand on a 45 day visa exempt entry.  I am living in Bangkok, at the same address where I previously resided, and for which I submitted a TM 30 in May of last year.  Do I need to do a new TM 30 ?

Your May '22 TM-30 notification of address is not valid anymore, as you re-entered Thailand without having kept your previous permission to stay alive, and you now have a new 45 day Permission to stay. 

When you intend to leave Thailand again before expiry of that 45 day Permission to stay, there is no need for you to get hold of a copy of the TM-30 notification that the owner of the place your are staying is required to make (unless of course it is you that are the owner or tenant of that location, in which case it is you that needs to inform Immigration that a foreigner - you - is staying at the premises).  

When you plan to apply for an extension of your current 45 day Permit to stay at the local Immigration Office of your province (or apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa), you then will need a copy of the TM-30 notification that the owner of your place should have made when you came back to your old address. 

Thank you.  I am intending to proceed to a Non-O.  Am I required to make a separate, earlier, trip to the Immigration Office to file the TM-30, or it can it be done at the same time I will do the application for the Non-O ?

3 minutes ago, allane said:

Thank you.  I am intending to proceed to a Non-O.  Am I required to make a separate, earlier, trip to the Immigration Office to file the TM-30, or it can it be done at the same time I will do the application for the Non-O ?

Are you the owner or possessor of the place you are residing?

If so you should have notified the local Immigration Office within 24 hours after your return to the address you have been staying before but now on a new Permit to stay, that a foreigner - you - is staying at the premises. 

Note that this TM 30 notification process can be done on-line, but it requires that the address then is registered on the IO TM 30 website (and such registration is a fairly simple process). When the address is registered on the IO TM 30 website, a TM 30 of you staying there can then be made. 

If you are not the owner of that place (e.g. you rent from a landlord or your wife or a friend is the owner and you are simply staying there), in principle it is them that then need to have made that notification, and you would then need a copy of the TM 30 notification that they provided to Immigration, when you apply for your 90-day Non Imm O Visa. 

In case you are renting and the landlord is unwilling or hesitant to notify Immigration that you are staying there, it would be wise to bring a copy of the rental-agreement with you as well as a signed front/back copy of the ID-card of the landlord. 

'Anybody wanting to extend their stay in Thailand, has to apply for an extension of stay at their local Imm Office, and in that case they will be confronted with the TM30 regulation as Thai Immigration requires that you provide and regularly confirm your ‘official address for immigration purposes’. 

Surely this is the purpose of the 90 report which has to have your address on it, and is done regularly?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, proton said:

Surely this is the purpose of the 90 report which has to have your address on it, and is done regularly?

Not everyone applying for an extension has a TM47 receipt.

For that situation a TM30 will most likely be asked by immigration. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not everyone applying for an extension has a TM47 receipt.

For that situation a TM30 will most likely be asked by immigration. 

I needed both to do a retirement extension very recently at CW. TM30 was not asked for in previous years.

It seems TM30 is now the foundational requirement without which they won't proceed.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

I needed both to do a retirement extension very recently at CW. TM30 was not asked for in previous years.

It seems TM30 is now the foundational requirement without which they won't proceed.

Yes I recall you posting this.

Will be issue for me in November.

I have never needed a TM30 for extensions at CW.

In fact I have never even made one.

Things can change as sadly happens.

Turkey shoot. 

• Like 1