Tourist visa to stay over 30 days ??

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So ....I had to book my flights June 1st to June 30th ( 30 days) so I can extend once I'm there ,...then it will cost me money to change the flight return date to July 15th once I'm there with the extension 

Did I do this wrong ...please tell me if I'm stupid???

You don't need a return ticket, only an onward ticket.  So, you could have booked a cheapo throwaway ticket to Phnom Phen within 30 days OR book a fully refundable ticket to anywhere (Malaysian to KL for example) OR a cheap rent-a-ticket.  But seems you have already made the booking so any information now will only be of use next time.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Yes 

I booked my flights within that 30 day period just in case but I couldn't understand Pattaya57 saying he has 60 days ?

I'm thinking if I kept that 45 day trip without a visa they could also refuse my flight ,

but I must wonder what if you had to say fly URGENTLY to Thailand say the next day and had to stay 45 days? 

as a Australian I  wouldn't have time to apply for a visa ,so what would you do in that case ??

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I  wouldn't have time to apply for a visa ,so what would you do in that case ??

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

booked a cheapo throwaway ticket to Phnom Phen within 30 days OR book a fully refundable ticket to anywhere (Malaysian to KL for example) OR a cheap rent-a-ticket.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 6:55 AM, Pattaya57 said:

You won't have a tourist visa. You will get a 30 day visa exempt stamp on entry which you can then extend for 30 days at Jomtien.

Since you asked for an agent, Maneerat agency on soi 13/2 can do it. Not sure but I think it costs 4500 which obviously includes the 1900 immigration fee

On 4/11/2024 at 8:10 AM, DrJack54 said:

That figure is correct. 

Is this agency able to do 12 month extensions based on marriage? Thai Visa are way too expensive, it's almost the same price as the dodgy volunteer visa! Looking for better options.

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

Is this agency able to do 12 month extensions based on marriage?

All agents can do for 12 month extension based on marriage is hand holding.

Directing you to required paperwork etc.

The Financial requirements are not too difficult. 

If over 50 and do not meet the financial requirements then an agent will suggest extension based on retirement