Knee Arthroscopy for meniscus tear

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

btw:  what is your age ?   i will be 74 in a few months .   ( i don't believe it !!! )

75, 2 weeks from now. Time flies, trying to stay above ground!

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Interestingly the meniscus has just freed itself from the joint and it's back to normal, now i have time I'll pursue with Queen Sirikit, i already have an appointment, but whole process will take months most likely

Do your research you want the Dr. not the hospital. Drs. usually work in several hospitals. When I was researching my knee replacement you want some one on your knee who does a lot of the surgery you may need my knee Dr. in Thailand said he did 30 to 40 knee replacements a month. You do not want someone on your knee who has only done a few surgerys at least 10 amonth

7 hours ago, moe666 said:

Do your research you want the Dr. not the hospital. Drs. usually work in several hospitals. When I was researching my knee replacement you want some one on your knee who does a lot of the surgery you may need my knee Dr. in Thailand said he did 30 to 40 knee replacements a month. You do not want someone on your knee who has only done a few surgerys at least 10 amonth

Yes that's why government hospitals can be good, busy with ops. Latest is for me not to do anything, Meniscus has been mostly fine for 10 years and it's currently back to normal, I'd prefer to avoid an op unless essential

• Thumbs Up 1

One day during swimming my knee popped. Doctor in Florida did MRI and then there was arthroscopic surgery meniscus repair about 2001. Doctor said: In about 5 years you will have a problem with this knee.

BTW doctor did a diagnostic procedure (there is a name for it I forget) where she put one of her forearms above the knee in front and one forearm below the knee in back and pushed. I almost hit the ceiling with pain.

5 years later almost to the day I could no longer walk. Full ALS repair at Khon Kaen Ram in 2007. No problems since as long as I don't twist the knee with temporary pain.

• Like 1