Tennessee GOP senators OK criminalizing helping minors get transgender care

Social Media

Given I consider it an abomination that children should be given adult help to change their gender because they imagine they would be happier as the opposite sex, I have to support such legislation, but IMO it should not be allowed even with parental approval.

IMO they should be given free psychological help, not changed into something they may come to regret when they join the real world.

I can't copy paste from this site, but the statistics for suicide of trans youth is disturbing

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/28/health/transgender-suicide-risk/index.html

People who identify as transgender have significantly higher rates of suicide and suicide attempts compared with the rest of the population, according to a population-level study out of Denmark.

The study of more than 6.6 million people found that those who identified as trans had 7.7 times the rate of suicide attempts and 3.5 times the rate of suicide deaths than the broader Danish population.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Another case of using euphemisms to disguise what is really happening. "Gender affirming care" is a catch-all term that means everything and nothing. Could be simple counsellng, could be castration. The key point is it being withOUT parental consent. Children by definition cannot give legal consent in most areas. Cannot sign contracts, cannot consent to sexual activity, cannot even consent to getting a tattoo or ear piercing. Yet these people think that kids can give consent to life altering body mutilation? It makes no sense. 

And at the end of the story the shibboleth about "restricting LGBTQ rights". More nonsense and non-sequiter fluff.

• Like 1

“The proposed legislation in Tennessee reflects ongoing debates surrounding LGBTQ rights and healthcare access, highlighting the complex intersection of politics, law, and individual right”.

on going debate in front of the predominantly black clergy in NC.

“Ain’t but two genders “.

On 4/12/2024 at 5:10 PM, retarius said:

I agree with thaibeachlovers. Children should not be groomed by doctors for gender change. It is an abomination. 

Thank you.

I wonder what happened to our world- the western world only, as IMO the rest of the countries on the planet are not on board with the entire rainbow of letters community. How did it come about that not only can adults surgically alter themselves because they imagine they will be happier if they pretend to be the opposite gender to which they were born, but it became OK for adults to either acquiesce to children's confused desires to be something else, or actually groom a child to want to be a different gender?

It's not OK to allow a child to have sex with an adult, but it's OK to allow a child to have unnecessary medical or surgical treatment that will be permanent! I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that is insanity.

I do think that it was right to remove laws that discriminated against homosexuals- IMO anyone should be able to do anything sexually they want to with consenting people of legal age, and it's no one else's business. It's also OK for anyone to dress like the opposite sex. However, they should not be given a legal advantage over those that choose not to be different, and certainly not to be able to use their genetic makeup to advantage in sports.

Agree with parents should have total control of their children's medical treatment, all medical treatment.   Unless life saving, and parents refuse to allow.

If a boy or girl think they are something different than their birth sex, then let them be what they think they are.   They shouldn't need drugs or surgery to make them be what they think they are.   

If they want to go that route, wait until they are adults and can legally decide their medical sex realignments.  Children shouldn't make life changing decisions that can't be reversed, or will affect their bodies the rest of their life.

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree with parents should have total control of their children's medical treatment, all medical treatment.   Unless life saving, and parents refuse to allow.

What if it's the parent(s) wanting to mutilate their child?

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What if it's the parent(s) wanting to mutilate their child?

Suppose you are referring to Muslim or whoever and genitalia mutilation of usually females ?  A bit off topic, and of course I'm against that silliness. 

Or simple circumcision, as the wee one had no say in it ?  Not sure about that one, and debatable.  Glad I was, but other's may think differently.

Edited by KhunLA

52 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Suppose you are referring to Muslim or whoever and genitalia mutilation of usually females ?  A bit off topic, and of course I'm against that silliness. 

Or simple circumcision, as the wee one had no say in it ?  Not sure about that one, and debatable.  Glad I was, but other's may think differently.

NO, I'm referring to the parents that want their male child to have it's genitals removed or drugged to prevent puberty so he can look like a girl.

Female genital mutilation is cultural not religious and of course I'm against it.

Circumcision is as good a thing as cutting the tails off millions of lambs every year. Done for a very good reason, and I'm happy my mother had it done.

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

NO, I'm referring to the parents that want their male child to have it's genitals removed or drugged to prevent puberty so he can look like a girl.

Female genital mutilation is cultural not religious and of course I'm against it.

Circumcision is as good a thing as cutting the tails off millions of lambs every year. Done for a very good reason, and I'm happy my mother had it done.

The parents will have hell to pay, when the kids mature, regret the irreversible damage and realize their parents were idiots.   Kids need parents, not friends