Non-O retirement Visa renewal

1 hour ago, Nowaythatsreal said:

a definitive list of what you take to immigration when it’s time to renew your Non-O retirement visa

Assuming that the office you'll be dealing with is Chaengwattana as stated in your OP, @TylerBKK's 4 March post in the following thread provides a comprehensive list of all relevant requirements in their case:

Edited by OJAS

9 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Assuming that your local office is Chaengwattana as stated in your OP, @TylerBKK's 4 March post in the following thread provides a comprehensive list of all relevant requirements in your case:

That is a comprehensive list.

Note it included TM47 

I'm not sure how the OP obtained his current extension. 

Seems he did not provide his own funds.

The agent obtained the bank account the Non O and the extension.  

Did he do 90 day reports?

To which immigration office.

Where were the stamps issued. 

On 4/15/2024 at 10:42 PM, Nowaythatsreal said:

Thanks for that. I will use the agent this time around and attempt to do it myself next time 👍

I think that is your best option in your situation , next year (April 2025) perhaps apply for your 12 month extension as early as possible to see how it goes , In Phuket i always apply 45 days before , not sure if Bangkok is 45 days or 30 days , but i hope your 2025 extension goes through doing on your own.I myself thought about using an agent recently over the last 2 or 3 years (16,000} , then sending my 800,000 back to the UK and get 5% interest on it in a UK bank (40,000). Now , though i have started instead transferring 65,000 internationally through Wise to my Bangkok bank , when i renew my extension next February , i will do on the income method , then when everything is complete , i will transfer out my 800,000 and put it in a UK fixed interest account , rather than have it sat earning 1.0% in a Krungsri Mai Thai Dee account (8000 - 15% tax , 6,800 per year)      

9 hours ago, Brick Top said:

I think that is your best option in your situation , next year (April 2025) perhaps apply for your 12 month extension as early as possible to see how it goes , In Phuket i always apply 45 days before , not sure if Bangkok is 45 days or 30 days , but i hope your 2025 extension goes through doing on your own.I myself thought about using an agent recently over the last 2 or 3 years (16,000} , then sending my 800,000 back to the UK and get 5% interest on it in a UK bank (40,000). Now , though i have started instead transferring 65,000 internationally through Wise to my Bangkok bank , when i renew my extension next February , i will do on the income method , then when everything is complete , i will transfer out my 800,000 and put it in a UK fixed interest account , rather than have it sat earning 1.0% in a Krungsri Mai Thai Dee account (8000 - 15% tax , 6,800 per year)      

Thanks for this. The reason I went for the 800,000 method is simply that I can wait for the exchange rate to peak in my favour during the year and transfer then. This method seems to work for me especially since WISE often gives you several hours to cancel the transfer. The GBP/THB exchange rate has increased by well over 7% year-on year. 

I live in Jomtien and for the last 3 years have been using an agent in Soi Post Office, Pattaya.

I recently renewed and, for just over the previous 2 months, had over THB 800,000 in my bank a/c. I explained this to my agent whereupon she gave me a small list (2 or 3 items) of documents to obtain from my bank, before bringing them to her. The bank charged me THB 200 for the docs and my agent charged me THB 8,000 for the extension, a discount of THB 4,500. All I had to do then was to go to immigration (no waiting) for a photocall --- straight in and out. I collected my passport from the agent 2 days later.

Now, I intend to leave the money (more than THB 1m for the duration, which my lady can access in case of my demise) in my a/c. I kept the small list which my agent gave me and, armed with more up-to-date information, I will attempt the renewal myself next year. 

1 hour ago, 5davidhen1 said:

I live in Jomtien and for the last 3 years have been using an agent in Soi Post Office, Pattaya.

I recently renewed and, for just over the previous 2 months, had over THB 800,000 in my bank a/c. I explained this to my agent whereupon she gave me a small list (2 or 3 items) of documents to obtain from my bank, before bringing them to her. The bank charged me THB 200 for the docs and my agent charged me THB 8,000 for the extension, a discount of THB 4,500. All I had to do then was to go to immigration (no waiting) for a photocall --- straight in and out. I collected my passport from the agent 2 days later.

Now, I intend to leave the money (more than THB 1m for the duration, which my lady can access in case of my demise) in my a/c. I kept the small list which my agent gave me and, armed with more up-to-date information, I will attempt the renewal myself next year. 

1 hour ago, 5davidhen1 said:

Does anyone know what the typical charge is for an agent who extends a 12 month non-O retirement visa at CW would be?