Thaksin Shows No Signs Of ‘Illnesses’ While Attending Chiang Mai’s Songkran Festival

webfact

8 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Why would a man of 74 who was supposedly desperately ill only a few weeks ago go out and stand in 40c heat? You don't need to be a doctor to know that is extremely ill-advised.

And how long was he standing 40C heat? 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes. 1 hour, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours?

Was he in the sun all the time or in the shade? Was he far away from a cool room perhaps with a/c, was he far away from a cool drink?

For periods exceeding 10 or 15 minutes at the very most, I totally agree with you.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, billd766 said:

And how long was he standing 40C heat? 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes. 1 hour, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours?

Was he in the sun all the time or in the shade? Was he far away from a cool room perhaps with a/c, was he far away from a cool drink?

For periods exceeding 10 or 15 minutes at the very most, I totally agree with you.

I don't know billd. But what I do know is 20 minutes in the garden at 40c and I'm struggling. And I'm in fine fettle. For someone who's supposedly recovering from serious health issues it's insane.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I don't know billd. But what I do know is 20 minutes in the garden at 40c and I'm struggling. And I'm in fine fettle. For someone who's supposedly recovering from serious health issues it's insane.

Thank you for your response.

I spent about 20 minutes this evening unrolling and straightening out a 50 metre roll of hose pipe. Part of the time I was in my workshop with a commercial size fan running flat out just blowing warm air around. It was around 35C in the shade and I stopped a couple of times for a break. 

I am 79 and it buggered me. I came back inside and sat with2 fans blowing on me, and it was only 33C. I also drank about half a litre of coldish water before I really cooled down.

If Thaksin was out in the sun, for 20 minutes (no hat that I could see) he must have been broiled. I know I couldn't do it now.

• Agree 1