Thailand’s CPPD calls for collective action against youth vaping

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

However, he concluded that the level of awareness among Thai youths about the real health impact of e-cigarette use remains relatively low.

Not only Thai youths.

Most folk world wide ignore the health risks.

There are more and more cases of permanent lung damage being documented.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/what-does-vaping-do-to-your-lungs

almost impossible to implement, as police officers, teachers , government officials also are vaping.. Have seen a lot of them doing it... How can you enforce the law if you do the same forbidden things??

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition, he emphasised the necessity for young people to understand the legal repercussions of infringing laws that ban the sale and possession of such devices in Thailand.

E cigarettes are widely available online or via street vendors... 

If they are illegal get plod and customs to do their jobs, and have every online outlet shut down.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand just needs to be forced to ID everyone who purchases any form of tobacco, alcohol, weed and vapes. It’s not very difficult to do and would curb many of the issues they have with underage usage. Sure some will still get it, but no one really seems to bother checking. Then they wonder why younger people are using them. KISS

• Confused 1

On 4/16/2024 at 10:07 AM, webfact said:

the real health impact of e-cigarette use remains relatively low.

23 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Not only Thai youths.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/what-does-vaping-do-to-your-lungs

I commend this link which goes further than the OP.  My grandson vapes and was recently hospitalised with racing pulse rate and panic attacks.

• Sad 1

On 4/16/2024 at 11:10 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Not only Thai youths.

Despite all the noise, they actually appear to be relatively safe, especially when compared to smoking.  The article quoted completely exaggerates or misleads about the situation: vitamin E is not in any reputable nicotine liquid, collapsed lung is a spontaneous condition with no know cause that existed way before vapes, and popcorn lung in vapers is a complete myth. It's a pile of non scientific junk really. Shouldn't be in the hands of kids though - nicotine is an addictive drug and can cause a nasty turn in unseasoned users.

Edited by mommysboy

Pretty benign compared to smoking tobacco, but of course the latter is a known quantity, is taxable and thus any ill effects are inconsequential. Nothing to do with health, it is all about LOSS OF REVENUE! Pathetic!

• Like 1

The banning of vapes in Thailand must only be related to the Tabaco taxes going into certain pockets. Everyone knows this. 

I would say that vaping is only bad because it lets you smoke better, cleaner, cheaper and much more convenient. That said, it's easy to smoke more leading to long term addiction, the same goes for cannabis.

I do have some portable vapes that last me almost a year, just for backups on trips, but no way it beats dry herb vaporizers like the dynavap that I have learned.

When vaporizing, the herbs are only baked at high temperature, enough to release the compounds, but not enough to burn it to ashes going to your lungs. There is no burnt substrates, only pure extraction that provide exceptional flavors, and best of all, it extends my flower reserve because I now smoke 1/4 of what I used to do. After I discovered herb vaporizer method, I have not lit a joint since a year!

But... vapes uses oil and concentrates, and I do know that there are some really crappy low quality vapes out there.

3 hours ago, brfsa2 said:

The banning of vapes in Thailand must only be related to the Tabaco taxes going into certain pockets. Everyone knows this. 

I would say that vaping is only bad because it lets you smoke better, cleaner, cheaper and much more convenient. That said, it's easy to smoke more leading to long term addiction, the same goes for cannabis.

I do have some portable vapes that last me almost a year, just for backups on trips, but no way it beats dry herb vaporizers like the dynavap that I have learned.

When vaporizing, the herbs are only baked at high temperature, enough to release the compounds, but not enough to burn it to ashes going to your lungs. There is no burnt substrates, only pure extraction that provide exceptional flavors, and best of all, it extends my flower reserve because I now smoke 1/4 of what I used to do. After I discovered herb vaporizer method, I have not lit a joint since a year!

But... vapes uses oil and concentrates, and I do know that there are some really crappy low quality vapes out there.

Oils!

Note: Nicotine vapes do not use any kind of oil (unless dodgy/illicit). 

19 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Pretty benign compared to smoking tobacco, but of course the latter is a known quantity, is taxable and thus any ill effects are inconsequential. Nothing to do with health, it is all about LOSS OF REVENUE! Pathetic!

Nicotine is addictive, that's why once they start It's hard to stop. Plus they can have all those girlie flavours, like kids with sweets..........🤭

Mind you, some of them smell like the inside of a birds handbag........:sad:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Nicotine is addictive, that's why once they start It's hard to stop. Plus they can have all those girlie flavours, like kids with sweets..........🤭

Mind you, some of them smell like the inside of a birds handbag........:sad:

Personally, I don't make a habit of smelling the inside of handbags...😃

It's definitely very addictive - best kept away from kids imho - so it would probably be best if disposables were banned and flavours toned down.

I got off cigarettes due to vaping, and my health really improved from day one.  I did revamp many aspects of my life, so it wasn't all due to vaping, although that was a key part, and millions of people will attest to the same thing. But human nature is funny : people would prefer to ignore good scientific evidence and concentrate on isolated incidents, or rare allergies, even though they represent a tiny fraction of the picture.  And of course booze, junk food, etc, are really damaging but people don't want to hear that.

I think in the end people believe exactly what they want to believe. The majority lump vapes in with cigarettes and they hate both.  So Joe public has spoken- just got to accept it.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Personally, I don't make a habit of smelling the inside of handbags...😃

It's definitely very addictive - best kept away from kids imho - so it would probably be best if disposables were banned and flavours toned down.

I got off cigarettes due to vaping, and my health really improved from day one.  I did revamp many aspects of my life, so it wasn't all due to vaping, although that was a key part, and millions of people will attest to the same thing. But human nature is funny : people would prefer to ignore good scientific evidence and concentrate on isolated incidents, or rare allergies, even though they represent a tiny fraction of the picture.  And of course booze, junk food, etc, are really damaging but people don't want to hear that.

I think in the end people believe exactly what they want to believe. The majority lump vapes in with cigarettes and they hate both.  So Joe public has spoken- just got to accept it.

Blokes who vape look girlie to me, but, each to their own, I suppose....😉

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Blokes who vape look girlie to me, but, each to their own, I suppose....😉

Yes, each to their own!

Also, if you are going to flame don't get rattled when someone responds in kind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Yes, each to their own!

Also, if you are going to flame don't get rattled when someone responds in kind.

Flame..........?  🤔