Single or Multi Non-O Marriage in Saigon?

I'm planning to apply for my first Non-O spouse visa in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh. A couple of questions.

#1 I'm planning on multiple trips out of Thailand, especially long before the first 90 days. I hear the multi entry forces you to leave every three months, but is there a limit? I'm happy to go out at least that much. Would a single entry Non-O with multi re-entry be better for me?

#2 I'm planning to follow the consulate's directions for what's needed, but to ask you guys, would just our UK marriage certificate be enough (plus passports, 400k proof, etc)? This Kor 2 / 22thing has never been anything I have needed before. We got married in the UK and I've been on a Non-B for 20+ years.

#3 If Saigon is a bad choice for any reason, please let me know. I could go elsewhere but prefer not to.

Thanks in advance

If you plan to live ongoing in Thailand, personally I would do a single entry Non O based on marriage and subsequent annual extensions. You would also require a multiple reentry permit. 

You can obtain that in nearby consulates such as Saigon, Savannahket etc.

You could also just enter Thailand visa exempt and obtain Non O at Thai immigration. 

Note: Saigon requires an appointment. 

Assume you have a Thai bank account.  

Process outlined in this thread with other links.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315828-visa-exempt-to-90-day-non-o-spouse-visa-conversion-in-thailand/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you plan to live ongoing in Thailand, personally I would do a single entry Non O based on marriage and subsequent annual extensions. You would also require a multiple reentry permit. 

You can obtain that in nearby consulates such as Saigon, Savannahket etc.

You could also just enter Thailand visa exempt and obtain Non O at Thai immigration. 

Note: Saigon requires an appointment. 

Assume you have a Thai bank account.  

Thanks Jack,

Thai bank account no problem.

But my question was about going out and coming back a lot, especially in the first few months and if I get a multi entry.

Also about the KR2 / 22 document, considering we got married in the UK

24 minutes ago, 2long said:

Thanks Jack,

Thai bank account no problem.

But my question was about going out and coming back a lot, especially in the first few months and if I get a multi entry.

Also about the KR2 / 22 document, considering we got married in the UK

Here is a link that outlines requirements if marriage registered in Thailand vs overseas.

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf 

Regarding the many trips out I get it now.

I'm not 100% sure if multi entry marriage is currently available from Saigon.

It is from Savannahket 

Multi from HCMC discussed in this thread

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308373-ho-chi-minh-multiple-entry-marriage-visa/

• Like 1