Non-O & apply for work-permit & WP3-/W32-form....

Can somebody please advise me which steps to take?

In short:

-) I am currently in Thailand on a Non-O, which is expiring on April 24th. Holding an EU-passport. 

-) I will start working for a Thai company soonest.

-) When applying for the work-permit, the officer at Department of Employment didn't/couldn't issue a WP3-letter.

Reason given was that my Non-O mentions 'visit Thai wife'. And, according to the officer that should have been more like 'support Thai wife' (?!)

-) I have THB400k in the bank since February 27th - just a little shy of 2 months when my visa expires.

The officer at the Department of Employment suggested to enter Thailand on a Non-B-visa.

It's not as big issue for me to travel abroad and apply there for a Non-B. But when checking at the various Embassies/Consulates, the required documents for Non-B/employment include this WP3- (or WP32-) letter.

It's becoming a chicken & egg-story.

What would you do in such a situation?

Leave Thailand on Apr23/24th and enter Thailand a few days later on a visa-exempt and start the WP-application-procedure with that?

Leave Thailand on Apr23/24th, apply for a Non-B/to conduct business and enter Thailand on that one?

Extend my Non-O in Bangkok and try to change the wording into 'support Thai wife'?

Or....?

Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

You don't need to change a Visa if you have a non-O based on marriage you can go straight and apply for a work permit no need to change visa no need to go to immigration. Extend your non-O or get the relative documents and change it to a Non B at immigration when you go to get your extension. Your allowed to get a work permit on a Non O based on marriage.  Some employment offices just see a Nom O a flat out give you a work permit even on a Non O Marriage.  (Chonburi & Knon Kaen)  offices. Though this should not of been the case. 

Edited by arick

16 hours ago, RutNL said:

Can somebody please advise me which steps to take?

In short:

-) I am currently in Thailand on a Non-O, which is expiring on April 24th. Holding an EU-passport. 

-) I will start working for a Thai company soonest.

-) When applying for the work-permit, the officer at Department of Employment didn't/couldn't issue a WP3-letter.

Reason given was that my Non-O mentions 'visit Thai wife'. And, according to the officer that should have been more like 'support Thai wife' (?!)

-) I have THB400k in the bank since February 27th - just a little shy of 2 months when my visa expires.

The officer at the Department of Employment suggested to enter Thailand on a Non-B-visa.

It's not as big issue for me to travel abroad and apply there for a Non-B. But when checking at the various Embassies/Consulates, the required documents for Non-B/employment include this WP3- (or WP32-) letter.

It's becoming a chicken & egg-story.

What would you do in such a situation?

Leave Thailand on Apr23/24th and enter Thailand a few days later on a visa-exempt and start the WP-application-procedure with that?

Leave Thailand on Apr23/24th, apply for a Non-B/to conduct business and enter Thailand on that one?

Extend my Non-O in Bangkok and try to change the wording into 'support Thai wife'?

Or....?

Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

If you're non O is based on marriage is expiring then they change it to a non-B at immigration within the country no need to leave the country.

There is really no need to change the Non-O to Non-B, I have been working on a Non-O marriage visa for 10 years now and never had a problem, even having to deal with 2 different immigration offices in 2 different provinces.

In fact, for some job positions, the requirements are different when applying for the same job with a different type of visa, usually with the Non-O visa, requiring less.

As said above, if you have a Non-O marriage visa (1-year extension) you can go directly to the Labor Office to apply for the work permit.