Songkran revellers left behind more than 100 tonnes of garbage on Silom and Khao San roads

webfact

image.jpeg

The three-day Songkran water splashing on Khao San road was over on Monday night and left behind about 116 tonnes of garbage, mostly drinking water bottles, plastic bags, water guns, plastic buckets and traces of white clay flour, to be collected by city collectors.

Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt supervised about 250 city workers in the cleanup of Khao Sarn road this morning.  About 200,000 Songkran revelers were estimated to visit the area yesterday and last night, which was the last day of the Songkran celebrations there.

According to city officials, a total of 116 tonnes of garbage were collected from Khao San and its vicinity for the first three days from April 12.  The amount of garbage left behind by the revellers last night was not estimated yet.

For Silom road, about 33 tonnes of garbage were collected on April 13-14.  The number of revellers there was estimated at about 58,000 and 79,000 respectively.

TOP: Khao San Road on the morning after the last day of Songkran festival

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-04-17

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

supervised about 250 city workers in the cleanup of Khao Sarn road this morning.  About 200,000 Songkran revelers were estimated to visit the area yesterday and last night

200000 visitors on khao Sarn road ?

So happy I was not there ...

More than 100 tonnes of garbage ?

Sounds like fun ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The three-day Songkran water splashing on Khao San road was over on Monday night and left behind about 116 tonnes of garbage

so what 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

mostly drinking water bottles, plastic bags, water guns, plastic buckets and traces of white clay flour, to be collected by city collectors.

Good news for them, once sold for re-cycled, a Songkran Bonus. 

7 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

the bargirls dont appreciate you talking about them  :)..they only take care family!..you pay now dahling!

The bar-girls are doing what they have to do due to no other opportunities of employment thanks to a useless government now and previously.

The garbage I was eluding to is imported.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

odd to see beer cases when LOS always preaches no alcohol at SK...and collect all those crappy guns to resell next year...if they still work that is.....one pump and dump...says my GF 🙂

One pump and dump?  Applies to ST as well don't it? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The bar-girls are doing what they have to do due to no other opportunities of employment thanks to a useless government now and previously.

The garbage I was eluding to is imported.

BG Lives matter....that will be 1200 teerak 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

And more than 50% of the tourists wouldn't use the bins if they were empty... do you ever people watch?

50% will use them as Thais maybe 10%... ever seen the rural roads here??

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Good news for them, once sold for re-cycled, a Songkran Bonus. 

Garbage collectors too busy Moonlighting, they don't collect  from public bins, one told me

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

thats what she said...as does my GF...im fast n furious....gone in 60 seconds!!!

Shouldn't gone be something else, starts with a C

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

But Kao San took Thb 500K for Songkran.......anyway what the hell do they expect.....dopey BMA refuse to have garbage bins anywhere.....the road becomes the bin!

Then why don't the money grubbing shops buy and supply their own trash bins, and pay a decent rate for the trash clearance?

• Agree 1