UK inflation falls to lowest level since late 2021 as food prices ease further

Social Media

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Losing an MP? I guess everything is relative but it is hardly a disaster, especially when compared to your boy who is getting absolutely slaughtered at the polls and whose brother in law is being done for throwing someone off the top of a block of flats. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/04/14/imploding-snp-faces-electoral-disaster-scotland/

I guess RR has a white face that has now gone pink over his leader's outburst...........:goof:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think you’ll find I was responding to Jonny’s post.

But I do understand it’s a subject you might find uncomfortable to discuss.

I noticed you are a bit flustered on the UK moving forward.............:sorry:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right, so some prices have fallen.

Recent data is inflation is still above the BOE target of 2% 

And those price decreases of yours.

Over what period are you measuring the price?

Thank you for agreeing with my comment. Quite a Uturn.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

How is the UK not doing better than Germany?

image.png.ca9d454d13524d3c670cdbc892552a89.png

The fact is, only 4 years since Brexit there has been no "cliffedge" and the UK economy is outperforming the EU's largest economy, Germany.

I'm just pointing out that Project Fear was a pack of lies. I said at the time it was, and now I have the figures to back it up. So yes, we did know what we were voting for. Could have been even better without Theresa May, but the losers/traitors were always going to make it difficult. 

George Osborne was the instigator of 'Project Fear'. Some of his predictions are listed in the link below. He overstated the impact but a 'pack of lies'? I think not.

Sterling fell by 10% immediately after the referendum result and took years to recover without any significant change to our volume of exports. Estimates suggest that leaving the single market took 4% off of GDP and increased inflation by 0.4% pa. Importing from and exporting to the EU is undoubtedly more bureaucratic, time consuming and expensive than it was when we were an EU member. Academic, cultural and diplomatic relationships with the EU and the member states have been damaged. And for what? Where are these promised Brexit benefits? Little sign of them.

Yes, a better Brexit could have been negotiated by remaining in the Customs Union and Single Market. An even harder Brexit, which you seemingly would have liked, would have made things worse: Osborne's 'Project Fear' predictions might then have been realised.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1339954/chancellor-who-orchestrated-project-fear-facing-the-end-of-his-political-career/

• Agree 1

I'm in the UK now and this is typical MSM gaslighting: 'Don't trust your own eyes or receipts!"

Prices have doubled on average since the covid hoax of 2020 when they renamed the flu for 2 years and told everyone to stay home and went on their insane money printing binge. 

Blaming brexit is retarded. 

Edited by BigBruv
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right, so some prices have fallen.

Recent data is inflation is still above the BOE target of 2% 

And those price decreases of yours.

Over what period are you measuring the price?

BoE target inflation rate is 2%, with a 1% max divergence either side, so effectively anywhere between 1% and 3% is acceptable. 

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

BoE target inflation rate is 2%, with a 1% max divergence either side, so effectively anywhere between 1% and 3% is acceptable. 

They strip out food and energy prices and include things like flat screen TVs to massage the numbers so they look acceptable.

By real world (or 1980s inflation measurements) UK inflation is approx 15-20%.

They keep that quiet as can't have the peasants demanding 15% pay rises.

Gotta juice those corporate profits.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

They don't strip out food and energy prices. You need to come off tik tok. 

Source or youre making it up (again).

Anyway, how can you tell from your barstool on soi buakhao.

Thjose fumes are obvs doing your brain in.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Summerinsiam said:

It is very telling that even its most ardent supporters are unable to name one thing that has improved since Brexit, even the ideoloically driven idiots that were responsible for it.

When will you remoaners ever learn. The massive improvement is that we're no longer answerable to a bunch of no names in Brussels. 

The fact that we've fared no worse than other EU countries throughout the disastrous Covid lockdowns and two major wars is a huge bonus!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Source or youre making it up (again).

Anyway, how can you tell from your barstool on soi buakhao.

Thjose fumes are obvs doing your brain in.

Here you go. Don't tell your tik tok friends, they'll be upset

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/articles/ukconsumerpriceinflationbasketofgoodsandservices/2024

CPIH weight, February 2024³ (per cent) Observed variation in price changes¹ Representative items² ³ (per cent of total)
1 Food & non-alcoholic beverages 9.1 Medium 25
2 Alcohol & tobacco 3.2 Low 4
3 Clothing & footwear 4.7 High 12
4 Housing & household services 29.9 High 4
5 Furniture & household goods 5.0 Low 10
6 Health 2.1 Low 3
7 Transport 10.9 Low 7
8 Communication 1.9 Medium 2
9 Recreation & culture 11.5 High 17
10 Education 2.4 Low 1
11 Restaurants & hotels 11.7 Low 6
12 Miscellaneous goods & services 7.5 Low 10

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

They strip out food and energy prices and include things like flat screen TVs to massage the numbers so they look acceptable.

By real world (or 1980s inflation measurements) UK inflation is approx 15-20%.

They keep that quiet as can't have the peasants demanding 15% pay rises.

Gotta juice those corporate profits.

You're thinking of Core CPI which is a different measure. 

Core CPI (excluding energy, food, alcohol and tobacco) 

https://cy.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/march2024

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Good to see the UK continuing to do well post Brexit.

Unfortunately a Labour government looks just around the corner so their "tax and spend" policies will likely undo a lot of the good work. 

lol the endemic corruption we''ve seen from the Tories for over 14 years is going to be exposed brutally

The likes of the Johnson Gove Patel et all need to be very very afraid of when Reeves takes her seat on the front bench post General Election

We are at the highest level of taxation for 70 years under your wonderful Tories

"undo a lot of the good work"

Rock on fella with your delusion

16 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Here you go. Don't tell your tik tok friends, they'll be upset

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/articles/ukconsumerpriceinflationbasketofgoodsandservices/2024

CPIH weight, February 2024³ (per cent) Observed variation in price changes¹ Representative items² ³ (per cent of total)
1 Food & non-alcoholic beverages 9.1 Medium 25
2 Alcohol & tobacco 3.2 Low 4
3 Clothing & footwear 4.7 High 12
4 Housing & household services 29.9 High 4
5 Furniture & household goods 5.0 Low 10
6 Health 2.1 Low 3
7 Transport 10.9 Low 7
8 Communication 1.9 Medium 2
9 Recreation & culture 11.5 High 17
10 Education 2.4 Low 1
11 Restaurants & hotels 11.7 Low 6
12 Miscellaneous goods & services 7.5 Low 10

Not sure of the point you're making but the average of those (Observed variation in price changes) numbers is no where near 2%.

And agreed CORE CPI DOES strip out 'inconvenient' items to hide the real inflation rate.

CORE CPI is the number they refer to when they talk about inflation on the news / in the media etc..

As per my last post, I'm in the UK now and REAL inflation is at leat 15% - many prices have doubled since 2020 in line with the amount of money printed from thin air since the flu rebranding of 2020

Edited by BigBruv

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

When will you remoaners ever learn. The massive improvement is that we're no longer answerable to a bunch of no names in Brussels. 

The fact that we've fared no worse than other EU countries throughout the disastrous Covid lockdowns and two major wars is a huge bonus!

Dear oh dear utterly....am lost for words !

Referendum won on a pack of lies from the Grifters Johnson Mogg and Co to further enhance their bank balances

If the Ref. was re run tomorrow of those that would vote you'd see 90% want an immediate return and only 10% to remain in this catastrophic situation we are currently in

Of course unfortunately it will mean adopting the Euro as that was made quite clear when we left but thats a small price to pay

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chivas said:

lol the endemic corruption we''ve seen from the Tories for over 14 years is going to be exposed brutally

The likes of the Johnson Gove Patel et all need to be very very afraid of when Reeves takes her seat on the front bench post General Election

We are at the highest level of taxation for 70 years under your wonderful Tories

"undo a lot of the good work"

Rock on fella with your delusion

Labour no different - brought in mass immigration, bailed out banks, went to war under false pretences etc.

2 cheeks of the same asre

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

As per my last post, I'm in the UK now and REAL inflation is at leat 15% - many prices have doubled since 2020 in line with the amount of money printed from thin air since the flu rebranding of 2020

I'm also in the UK and I agree prices are much higher and people are struggling. The ONS data shows that inflation is slowing and wages are rising, but it'll take a while before the people really feel the benefit. 

I agree with you that the global Covid lockdowns caused massive financial damage that might take decades to recover from. It's amazing that people seem surprised about what happens when you shut down the economy for months and print loads of money. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Dear oh dear utterly....am lost for words !

Referendum won on a pack of lies from the Grifters Johnson Mogg and Co to further enhance their bank balances

If the Ref. was re run tomorrow of those that would vote you'd see 90% want an immediate return and only 10% to remain in this catastrophic situation we are currently in

Of course unfortunately it will mean adopting the Euro as that was made quite clear when we left but thats a small price to pay

Where did you get that 90% figure from? 

There are some people who might not realise that Covid and two major wars are the things causing the financial crisis, and they might be easily persuaded by remoaners to blame Brexit. 

But I'm sure the majority are smarter than that. 

90% 🤦‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Where did you get that 90% figure from? 

There are some people who might not realise that Covid and two major wars are the things causing the financial crisis, and they might be easily persuaded by remoaners to blame Brexit. 

But I'm sure the majority are smarter than that. 

90% 🤦‍♂️

I doubt that there are many people who would deny that COVID had a major effect on the world and the individual national economies. The war in Ukraine has also had some effect on the UK economy, but it has been much more damaging to most of the EU member states.

However, when are Brexiters going to stop hiding behind these events and acknowledge that the overwhelming body of evidence shows that Brexit has damaged the UK economy? If Brexiters don't accept the findings of these various reports, then they should be able to point to the flaws in the argument and/or conclusions and/or methodologies. The fact that so little material exists disputing these findings, or offering valid counter arguments tells us all we need to know.

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, RayC said:

I doubt that there are many people who would deny that COVID had a major effect on the world and the individual national economies. The war in Ukraine has also had some effect on the UK economy, but it has been much more damaging to most of the EU member states.

However, when are Brexiters going to stop hiding behind these events and acknowledge that the overwhelming body of evidence shows that Brexit has damaged the UK economy? If Brexiters don't accept the findings of these various reports, then they should be able to point to the flaws in the argument and/or conclusions and/or methodologies. The fact that so little material exists disputing these findings, or offering valid counter arguments tells us all we need to know.

Brexit?

No one cares about that anymore - that ship sailed a long time ago.

Find something else to get hot and bothered about or

why not even go even further back to WW2 - before that the £ was worth $4.

When are War-iters going to stop hiding behind these events and acknowledge that the overwhelming body of evidence shows that WW2 has damaged the UK economy?

Blooming war-iters!

Edited by BigBruv
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigBruv said:

Brexit?

No one cares about that anymore - that ship sailed a long time ago.

Find something else to get hot and bothered about or

why not even go even further back to WW2 - before that the £ was worth $4.

When are War-iters going to stop hiding behind these events and acknowledge that the overwhelming body of evidence shows that WW2 has damaged the UK economy?

Blooming war-iters!

Learn from our mistakes? Naw ... perish the thought.

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Not really (but maybe not as worse as expected).....

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

0f37d7d4-7d00-4b1c-9343-0effd980b0a1.png

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, candide said:

Not really (but maybe not as worse as expected).....

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

0f37d7d4-7d00-4b1c-9343-0effd980b0a1.png

Fact is we're not facing the disaster that many predict (wish for): 

On 5 February, the OECD published updated forecasts for the world economy. The OECD said that global growth was resilient in 2023, with inflation falling faster than expected. Modest global growth is forecast for 2024 and 2025. The OECD forecasts UK GDP to grow by 0.7% in 2024 and by 1.2% in 2025 (unchanged from its previous forecast made in November).

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN02784/assets/39a3d50a-49be-4a0d-a804-c818cca109a6.png

It won't let me paste the table!! But the UK is well positioned versus Italy, France, Germany and the Eurozone for 2024

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Agree 1