Jump to content

Applying in UK for Non-O


Recommended Posts

Am I able to apply for a multiple entry non-O visa in the UK for marriage? Is there a cash-in-the-bank requirement for it? I'm below retirement age.

 

Are all UK visa applications online now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QballQ said:

Am I able to apply for a multiple entry non-O visa in the UK for marriage? Is there a cash-in-the-bank requirement for it? I'm below retirement age.

 

Are all UK visa applications online now?

Yes, but likely Single Entry only, relatively recent reports say that the multiple entry Non-O ME was again no longer available, box disappeared from the e-visa site again.

 

(Could always e-mail the RTE London in case the sands have shifted again, 100/1 against maybe)

 

Last reference for Financials that I can confirm was May 2023

£1000 single entry

(£10000 Multi-entry)

Show accom booking for first couple of days.

e-mail from wife confirming aware / invite visit, as Jpeg/PDF.

Copy scan / pic of wife's ID or Passport.

Scan of Marraige cert.

 

All applications online British Citizen/ resident.

 

Not been in the site for that visa type recently, but the tourist visa application has change so perhaps also the non-O.

 

Supporting docs format:-

Jpeg image files 

PDF files (so could be multi page)

File size less than 3MB (2.8MB to be sure)

 

Photo of yourself can use a phone and try and get it close to passport spec (does not like textured backgrounds, I use a off-white cotton sheet over a door)

 

Payment for Visa via Kasikorn by card ( sometimes hiccups like its not worked but normally is OK after going back to the initial application listing after waiting for it to process)

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Embassy website still only describes single entry and the online application also does not give the multi option.

 

Requirements listed there, updated August last year, are here....https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa  Financial requirement is stated as "Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB (£1,000) or having the current balance of 400,000 THB (£10,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings" , but it has been reported here they do not insist on that and will accept balance of GBP 1000.

 

One thing they do not list is for details of your flight from the UK to Thailand.  For a non-O application in February they e-mailed me asking for this after my initial application had gone in online.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sadly when the Thai consulate in the UK went to eVisa online applications they eliminated the multiple entry choice for Non-O visas based on marriage to a thai.
The system defaults to a single entry and there is no way to change the field to multiple
These are the choices to get the 90 day single entry

image.png.1b55ba7746fe63fd59cbe8134c48fbe5.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for that. 

 

I had looked and thought I must be missing something. 

 

So either a 90 day and then extend in country, or a 90 day then a border run for a multi at Savanaket?

 

Last time I got a visa in the UK was at Glasgow, I think maybe 2010, with the sometimes angry lady that ran it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The non-o married to a Thai document requirements have been slimmed down now, I applied a month ago.

You need to apply online and can only get a single entry.

Financial details are required, either a sum in the bank or regular income but cannot remember the exact figures.

 

They have removed the need for copies of your last entry stamps and invitation from your wife.

You need proof of UK residence (I used my tax bill), a recent photo and copy of your marriage certificate.

In my Visa folder I also have my wife's ID card but cannot remember if that was needed this time.

@QballQ Kay at the Glasgow consulate was a pussycat if you stayed on the right side of her. LOL

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Yes, but likely Single Entry only, relatively recent reports say that the multiple entry Non-O ME was again no longer available, box disappeared from the e-visa site again.

 

(Could always e-mail the RTE London in case the sands have shifted again, 100/1 against maybe)

 

Last reference for Financials that I can confirm was May 2023

£1000 single entry

(£10000 Multi-entry)

Show accom booking for first couple of days.

e-mail from wife confirming aware / invite visit, as Jpeg/PDF.

Copy scan / pic of wife's ID or Passport.

Scan of Marraige cert.

 

All applications online British Citizen/ resident.

 

Not been in the site for that visa type recently, but the tourist visa application has change so perhaps also the non-O.

 

Supporting docs format:-

Jpeg image files 

PDF files (so could be multi page)

File size less than 3MB (2.8MB to be sure)

 

Photo of yourself can use a phone and try and get it close to passport spec (does not like textured backgrounds, I use a off-white cotton sheet over a door)

 

Payment for Visa via Kasikorn by card ( sometimes hiccups like its not worked but normally is OK after going back to the initial application listing after waiting for it to process)

£1000 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, QballQ said:

Thanks for that. 

 

I had looked and thought I must be missing something. 

 

So either a 90 day and then extend in country, or a 90 day then a border run for a multi at Savanaket?

 

Last time I got a visa in the UK was at Glasgow, I think maybe 2010, with the sometimes angry lady that ran it.

I used to like the get togethers for the Thai comunity in Scotland, the Hounary Consul had a garden party at his house one year, really nice.

We used the Glasgow consulate often for TR Visas before the June 2019 evisa intro. The non-O ME was / is the ideal visa, and did all my board runs by flying back to the UK :smile:. I went direct to London RTE for the non-O MEs in 2018 and 2019.

 

Must of been an off day if you made Kay angry..:smile:

Edited by UKresonant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, Ralf001 said:

 

And prior to was in perfect health with zero ailments... I'l bet.

 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:25 PM, ukrules said:

 

Perhaps, but if you have a cancer diagnosis then getting any kind of travel insurance can be incredibly expensive - even if it's being treated and you just take a short holiday between active treatments assuming you disclose it - if you don't disclose it then it's the same as not having insurance as they will find out.

 

 

7 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

The non-o married to a Thai document requirements have been slimmed down now, I applied a month ago.

You need to apply online and can only get a single entry.

Financial details are required, either a sum in the bank or regular income but cannot remember the exact figures.

 

They have removed the need for copies of your last entry stamps and invitation from your wife.

You need proof of UK residence (I used my tax bill), a recent photo and copy of your marriage certificate.

In my Visa folder I also have my wife's ID card but cannot remember if that was needed this time.

@QballQ Kay at the Glasgow consulate was a pussycat if you stayed on the right side of her. LOL

 

 

I don't have a UK residence which is going to be a pain, still have bank accounts there and driving license going to a postal address. 

Thanks for the advice. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, QballQ said:

So either a 90 day and then extend in country, or a 90 day then a border run for a multi at Savanaket?

All recently changed.

The multi entry Non Imm O visa from Savannahket now requires 400K THB in a Thai bank account for 2 months for the application.

The single entry Non Imm O is still available without any proof of finances.

 

You can only apply for a 60-day extension in Country to visit Thai spouse - no financials.
The wife must attend with you.

Edited by Liquorice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2024 at 7:14 AM, Upnotover said:

The Embassy website still only describes single entry and the online application also does not give the multi option.

 

Requirements listed there, updated August last year, are here....https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa  Financial requirement is stated as "Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB (£1,000) or having the current balance of 400,000 THB (£10,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings" , but it has been reported here they do not insist on that and will accept balance of GBP 1000.

 

One thing they do not list is for details of your flight from the UK to Thailand.  For a non-O application in February they e-mailed me asking for this after my initial application had gone in online.

 

 

I can confirm my non-O application last August was granted with only £1000 in the bank and that was the same for the previous year. The website does say £10,000 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

I can confirm my non-O application last August was granted with only £1000 in the bank and that was the same for the previous year. The website does say £10,000 

Did you provide one statement with a balance of £1K or 3 months of statements showing that amount ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2024 at 3:15 PM, Sumiyoshicho said:

Did you provide one statement with a balance of £1K or 3 months of statements showing that amount ?

I just supplied my last current statement

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...