British man arrested for begging to buy drugs in Koh Pha Ngan

webfact

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Strange ...
The police found no drugs in his possession but charged him for possessing Category 1 drugs.

Previous case from which he did a bunk?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guy looks in dam rough shape, doubt he ever had a decent home where he came from. Why don't all the dog lovers here stop buying dog food and take that money and send him to rehab here ( there a tons of them) and stop feeding the street dogs? Or maybe he isn't as cute a fuzzy little puppy.

Edited by rexpotter
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, freeworld said:

One has to sympathise with these people, they get pressured into taking drugs, take them for whatever reason and get hooked and then cant stop. The British govt should be doing more to help them.

The British government needs to know about them first. Perhaps you could help with a list of names.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

Guy looks in dam rough shape, doubt he ever had a decent home where he came from. Why don't all the dog lovers here stop buying dog food and take that money and send him to rehab here ( there a tons of them) and stop feeding the street dogs? Or maybe he isn't as cute a fuzzy little puppy.

What if he does not want to go to rehab? Many people who take drugs refuse that option.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Neigh

I apologise, forgetting that many AN members do not have English as their first language.

Nay is an old-fashioned, literary or diialect word for 'no'.

Neigh is a sound uttered by a horse

In the English Parliament, when the result of a vote is announced it is usually - for an in favour result - to announce "The Ayes have it" and for a not in favour result to announce "The Nays have it"
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, khunpin said:

Will he beg for the money to pay for the fines? 🤔 555 

Slightly off topic, but I remember a few years ago, a guy I knew  was playing as a part time musician/drummer but did not declare it to the Inland Revenue, ("Tax Man") and got "found out".  After a couple of hours of "negotiations" they decided that he owed them about £100, and he said "That means I've got to do an extra couple of gigs this week just to pay you lot!" 🙂  

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, arick said:

What about all the condominium projects begging for money and then they take your money and they God only knows what they do with it but they sure in the hell don't  build your condo or give you any returns. 

Anybody who buys 'off plan' after years of negative publicity and downright scams, needs a check up from the neck up. No sympathy.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Haha 1

Too many foreigners in Thailand.  Some southern islands are overrun. I feel bad for the Thai public that has to put up with this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Quita a few people showed sympathy to the foreigner in this article.

But the beg packer for drug is getting a cold shoulder LOL.

I really have No Sympathy to the Drug Addicts/Drunk.

As it is Purely Self-inflicted; by own choice.

Not like the case where they were trapped by misfortune beyond own control.

Not the same as being hit by the car with reckless driver.

Edited by borderhopper2005

16 hours ago, theshu25 said:

What a loser this idiot is.

100% agree. 

Truly disgusting SOB.

Now he can get a free accommodation(at the expense of Thai police)  and (hopefully) free return flight.

Looks like more than he initially expected.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Why hide his face 

a face only a mother could love....a face for radio 🙂

side note the soi dogs were upset that he took their favorite spot for napping on the tiles with the ac blast 🙂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, theshu25 said:

What a loser this idiot is.

Drug addiction is classed as a illness, some never recover from addictive illness. Alcohol being one of the worst. 

Deport him home for treatment, the only treatment in Thailand is to become a monk. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

waiting for a grumpy gus to moan about the police wearing "covid" masks and how they are all sheep.....(any minute now)

The problem with a mask is that you've got to remove it to lick master's boots. 

As for meth boy, give him a fentanyl speedball and send him on the final big ride to Valhalla.  Give him the oblivion he craves. Junkies just want it to be over.  Dude's begging because he ran out of people to steal from. Junkies aren't human anymore and will use any kindness displayed against the compassionate person. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

The problem with a mask is that you've got to remove it to lick master's boots. 

As for meth boy, give him a fentanyl speedball and send him on the final big ride to Valhalla.  Give him the oblivion he craves. Junkies just want it to be over.  Dude's begging because he ran out of people to steal from. Junkies aren't human anymore and will use any kindness displayed against the compassionate person. 

i see..remind me who the master is.....why not keep the mask off as it seems easier.....why would a meth head want fentanyl?..just as im a sangsom--not hongthong guy.....he wants it to be over..then why not just step in front of a bus???....how do you run out of people to steal from....seems at least hes asking rather than jumping me....seems to be in human form....but i do get your point aka the orange guy...

have a super weekend big gimpin'....its hard out there for a gimp//junkies too!

3 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

He should have a Go Fund Me page to make the process more respectable, maybe?

reminds me of the girls in TF that say they need money to eat...I tell them to sell their phone if so hungry.........

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Brits are back in the headlines. 😎

Nobody gets embarrassed any more. 

Send him to Australia, plenty of handouts for these losers. 

The free boat ride for poms ended in 1868  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, swerve said:

Too many foreigners in Thailand.  Some southern islands are overrun. I feel bad for the Thai public that has to put up with this.

Do not feel too sorry for the 'Thai public' on some of the southern islands.

They want the foreigners - for their money.

The locals depend on them either for buying their goods or giving them jobs.

During Covid, most hotels and restaurants sacked their staff. The Thais had to go back to their homes on the mainland for food etc. Couldn't pay the rents here.

Most of the foreign businesses here kept their staff on for as long a possible. For example, it cost my business a lot of money.

Hotels etc had support from the government.

Small businesses had nothing.

The Thai public are happy with most of the foreigners. It is just people like this guy in the article that give us a bad name. Luckily, a very small minority.

16 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Strange ...
The police found no drugs in his possession but charged him for possessing Category 1 drugs.

Isn’t positive urine test in Thailand considered possession? Maybe he was made to submit a sample and resulted in the purple stain. 

Edited by Captain Monday

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Drug addiction is classed as a illness, some never recover from addictive illness. Alcohol being one of the worst. 

Deport him home for treatment, the only treatment in Thailand is to become a monk. 

The Art of Responsibility Transfer. Common sick psychology/sociology among the first world.

Calling any negative habits/phenomenon ILLNESS; using it for INDULGENCE to Dodge Own Responsibility in the first place.

Even when it was 100%  By own Free Will. Not at Gun/Knife point.

Still Obsessed to Blame Someone/Something irrelevant instead.

Drink driving accidents-> Fault of the beverage makers.

Tobacco Addition->Cigarette companies' fault.

Arrogant Kiddy Idiocy perfected merely for Self-Justification.

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

It’s says Food on his sign not drugs so why the misleading headline 

According to the news text, what he was really after was, money for drug. And he admitted it during police questioning.

So looks like it was his sign that was misleading.

His last common sense (or defensive instinct?) did not allow him to beg money for what is illegal in public.

Makes a lot of sense LOL.

• Agree 2