British man arrested for begging to buy drugs in Koh Pha Ngan

webfact

11 hours ago, swerve said:

Too many foreigners in Thailand.  Some southern islands are overrun. I feel bad for the Thai public that has to put up with this.

Blame TAT and your Government!!!

• Haha 1

Quite an upsetting news.

Thailand is certainly not a dumping ground of human trashes (no self-discipline) from the first world.

I really hate those taking advantage of this country's open-arm tourism policy.

It is extremely rude to disregard the laws, culture, and the manners of the destination country.

Thailand is not the safe haven for any foreign offenders.

2 hours ago, borderhopper2005 said:

According to the news text, what he was really after was, money for drug. And he admitted it during police questioning.

So looks like it was his sign that was misleading.

His last common sense (or defensive instinct?) did not allow him to beg money for what is illegal in public.

Makes a lot of sense LOL.

Every junkie begs for "food" money.  Bring him something to eat and see how it goes. He might eat the food or throw it in your face, but one thing he won't do is stop begging until he's got enough to buy a hit. 

One thing I love about being over here is the lack of junkies. Vancouver is crawling with them. In addition to the harassment issue is the property crime problem.  I've had a number of cars broken into over the years, each one cost me a $300 glass deductible and each of those cars had nothing in it to steal. 

Never had a problem here in Thailand. Never been hassled by a Thai beggar. They're brilliant mimes though, with expressive countenances and well fed bodies. 

Section 13 of the Begging Control Act: illegally begging. The penalty is imprisonment of up to one month or a fine of up to 10,000 baht.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

A funny law.

If they have B10000- in their pocket, they probably won't do begging in the street.

In some countries, if the convicts can't pay their fine, they can alternatively work in the prison factory(until they can save up to the amount they owe).

Is it the case in Thailand as well?

Anyone knows about it, please make a post.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:43 PM, freeworld said:

One has to sympathise with these people, they get pressured into taking drugs, take them for whatever reason and get hooked and then cant stop. The British govt should be doing more to help them.

In the merciless world of Darwinism, the losers would not survived to pass on their genes to populate the earth. 
Our current world situation of soft governance is the result. 

• Like 1

One has to sympathise with these people, they get pressured into taking drugs, take them for whatever reason and get hooked and then cant stop.

While I sympathize with them, how are they pressured into taking drugs?

The British govt should be doing more to help them.

Like what?

• Agree 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:15 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Send him to Australia, plenty of handouts for these losers. 

We took more than our fair share of loser Brits. 

No more thanks.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Goat said:

We took more than our fair share of loser Brits. 

No more thanks.

Of which you are most probably a descendant..........:cowboy:

Loser could be in your genes, Goaty.......😉

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:07 PM, harleyclarkey said:

bringing the brits to the fore ... again! 

This week we had the Brit taking a dump in the street and washing his arse in the spirit house shrine and this druggie beggar.

What will it be next week.

And the Brits are the most critical of russians, Chinese, Indians and the Thais.

It beggars belief.

Just now, Goat said:

This week we had the Brit taking a dump in the street and washing his arse in the spirit house shrine and this druggie beggar.

What will it be next week.

And the Brits are the most critical of russians, Chinese, Indians and the Thais.

It beggars belief.

You missed out Australians, are they that bad, surely not, as you are one.......:cowboy:

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

The bigoted bumf you come out with is what really beggars belief....   

Well it wouldnt be a thread about another British pest in Thailand without the Brit apologists coming out to deflect.

Lets start a Gofundme to help the poor victim.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Goat said:

Well it wouldnt be a thread about another British pest in Thailand without the Brit apologists coming out to deflect.

Strange, you never ever mention your Australians........🤣

Did you comment on your 2 NZ neighbours who attacked a cop in LOS....?

I don't recall...........🤣

4 minutes ago, Goat said:
8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The bigoted bumf you come out with is what really beggars belief....   

As you can see from the deleted posts above - There is simply no point in engaging with someone quite as bigoted as yourself....    

A famous Mark Twain quote springs to mind....  

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Deleted - No point debating with a bigoted fool.

The bloke is a Master-Baiter, and he is proud of it.............:unsure:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

This is a thread about a Brit begging for money for drugs.

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:48 PM, freeworld said:

Yes but this is in the article

"Police checked Hartas’s criminal history and found that he had escaped arrest in a drug case in Koh Samui and sought refuge in Koh Pha Ngan. Hartas confessed to fleeing from the arrest in Koh Samui, stating that he resorted to begging for food. However, residents informed the police that the majority of the money earned from begging was used to purchase drugs."

How would the residents know what he used the money for? Were they selling it to him?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:
1 hour ago, transam said:

This is a thread about a Brit begging for money for drugs.

In which, like a dog to a whistle, you have been unable to restrain yourself from your usual Brit bash....

You blame all Brits because your Ex-Wife saw something better in an Englishman than she did in you...   a bitter pill to swallow I'm sure... seems you still can't get over it... 

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 16.46.34.png

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In which, like a dog to a whistle, you have been unable to restrain yourself from your usual Brit bash....

You blame all Brits because your Ex-Wife saw something better in an Englishman than she did in you...   a bitter pill to swallow I'm sure... seems you still can't get over it... 

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 16.46.34.png

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.......................😆

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You blame all Brits because your Ex-Wife saw something better in an Englishman than she did in you... 

Nah I dont blame her. She deserved someone better.

But i do blame the Brits for a lot of the recent anti farang sentiment here currently. People like this bloke begging for money to buy illegal drugs is just one example. Taking a dump in the street, biting Thai people, hit and run runners, counterfeitting money, stealing from supermarkets, kiddy fiddling teachers, wife bashers, boiler rooms, soi 6 pimps and human trafficking are a few of the others.

22 hours ago, borderhopper2005 said:

Section 13 of the Begging Control Act: illegally begging. The penalty is imprisonment of up to one month or a fine of up to 10,000 baht.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

A funny law.

If they have B10000- in their pocket, they probably won't do begging in the street.

In some countries, if the convicts can't pay their fine, they can alternatively work in the prison factory(until they can save up to the amount they owe).

Is it the case in Thailand as well?

Anyone knows about it, please make a post.

From signs that I have seen at the court in Koh Samui, they go to gaol.

Each day in gaol is worth xxx baht off their fine and they stay there until the balance is zero.

It was a while ago and I cannot remember how much each day was worth.

I did not see similar signs in a Bangkok court when I attended a couple of trials there but that was over 20 years ago. The memory dims.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:16 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Begging to buy drugs is better than committing crimes to buy drugs, IMO.

Many revert to prostitution to feed their habit.