French national apprehended in Bangkok on kidnap charge

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, john donson said:

is this the new NEW... having to read 3 articles back to back on the same page...

nobody that can make it 1 story instead of rehashing the same crap

any journalism involved or just copy paste, someone gets paid for that?

Yes.

No.

No. Yes. Yes.

"..............  five members of a Russian gang have been apprehended for the kidnapping and extortion of a Belarusian couple in Phuket"

"Oh, those Russians!" ("Rasputin" - Boney M)The Government wanted them, now they've got them - warts and all!!! 

• Agree 1

She is trying to blame an Australian man which is ludicrous,  Australian men simply don't behave in this manner, now if it was Russian that would be a different story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ryandb said:

oh wow, so a French woman, Lebanese guy and an Australian are going to go through a he said/she said with the Thai police over kidnapping a kid from a prominent Thai woman... this is gonna get interesting, who has the most cash wins I guess

its a given the Thai will win. 

19 hours ago, impulse said:

Judges, help me out here...  Is this the first French lady on the board this year?

Just be happy that the appointment of Gang Leader is an equal opportunities position. 🙂

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes.

No.

No. Yes. Yes.

And this crap trend with news sites by showing the headlines then repeating them over and over down the page so you have them see again and again again. Too many news people these days without the nuts to get out there and tell us things we don't know.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Polaky said:

She is trying to blame an Australian man which is ludicrous,  Australian men simply don't behave in this manner, now if it was Russian that would be a different story.

Australians can be criminals just as can any other nationality. Look at the bikie gangs and their activities around Pattaya as an example.

In this case the Australian is the father of the potential child victim.

Save your sarcasm for somewhere more appropriate.

I'm an Australian who doesn't think all who come from my country are snow white, as the English do.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

And this crap trend with news sites by showing the headlines then repeating them over and over down the page so you have them see again and again again. Too many news people these days without the nuts to get out there and tell us things we don't know.

Investigating takes not only time but skill. And a willingness to ask questions, something that in Thailand is beaten out of them as soon as they begin school as they might ask something the teacher doesn't have an answer to and face is lost.

When I was at school in London I asked if the thick cables running inside underground tube tunnels carried phone cables. The teacher - shock horror - said she didn't know but she would find out. And she did, and they do. I struggle to believe that a Thai teacher would tell a kid they didn't know something. And when a brave journalist had the cheek to ask the previous Thai PM a question the PM threatened to have his mouth taped shut.

Bear in mind the libel laws in Thailand too, and journalistic hands are very much tied. A foreign reporter at The Nation had to flee the country after criticizing an 'untouchable'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Odd story.   I can see aneakingvin would be good if you planned a nefarious act.  Or feared someone was after you and had connections to immigration   but dobt most hotels need a passport? And file Tm30s?  So we are talking like 6mil USD? Arw rhe Australian and thai parent still together?   

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

She said, he said... best of luck sorting out the biggest liar

How did she enter Thailand? 

Stowed away on a ship?? 

Private jet? 

Lebanese involved, big money talked about, tip off to police by remorseful gang member, maybe he was paid to tip off the police, very fishy story here. 

Seems like Thailand will be renamed soon,to

Crimeland. 

Ever since dope got legalised the place seems to have got worse, Russians will continue to flood in as long as the war in Ukraine continues, and they will bring the bad elements with them, in Australia the Lebanese mafia are feared now and run the drug dealers in King's Cross. The world is a mess. 

• Agree 1

There is way way way more to this story than what has been reported. Indeed all the reporting seems in direct favour of the plaintiff with no evidence (in the report) of the so called plan to kidnap anyone. I can make a number of plausible guesses as to what is going on but let’s wait and see.

<<At the time of her arrest, Diersten denied all charges, claiming to be a businesswoman who had been defrauded by an Australian man, the husband of the Thai businesswoman and father of the targeted child. Diersten stated that she had invested approximately 185 million baht with the man, alleging that he had defrauded her and then falsely accused her of the kidnap plot to avoid repaying his debts.

Diersten further claimed to have met the Lebanese man in Dubai previously and explained her failure to report her entry into Thailand was due to safety concerns. Following her arrest, she was transferred into the custody of Thong Lor Police Station, reported Bangkok Post.>>

Australian? Lebanese? Frogs for dinner? WTF?

On 4/20/2024 at 4:10 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, But the clincher might be the fact that she admitted to entering Thailand illegally.

Diersten further claimed to have met the Lebanese man in Dubai previously and explained her failure to report her entry into Thailand was due to safety concerns.

It is not really clear what is meant by "failure to report her entry".

Might simply mean no TM30 filed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It is not really clear what is meant by "failure to report her entry".

Might simply mean no TM30 filed.

This is what I understood. So the Aussie defrauded her of that much money, she followed him to Thailand to try and save the money. ( forgot to do a TM 30 totally plausible) The Aussie, made up the story of her wanting to kidnap the child to get away with not returning the money .

Nothing I have read on the ladies profile hints to her being some sort of crazed kidnapper. There again………..

On 4/19/2024 at 11:28 AM, snoop1130 said:

In related news, five members of a Russian gang have been apprehended for the kidnapping and extortion of a Belarusian couple in Phuket, forcing them to transfer 30 million baht in cryptocurrency before abandoning them. The incident occurred on January 31, at a prominent hotel in the Talad Yai area of Mueang Phuket district.

Stop with this "related news". It is not "related" and has nothing to do with the OP headline. Does it?

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:51 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Investigating takes not only time but skill. And a willingness to ask questions, something that in Thailand is beaten out of them as soon as they begin school as they might ask something the teacher doesn't have an answer to and face is lost.

@Bangkok Barry Challenge and discuss is never going to happen in Thailand. Never question a teacher or person in authority or elder. Lest they may be wrong and lose face. If the teacher does not have an answer they should fess up and guide the student in procurring the correct knowledge. Sadly unlikely to happen as we all know.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Ever since dope got legalised the place seems to have got worse,

Totally agree. Land of stoners and losers. Worse than ever which is sad for the people of Thailand who, bless them, deserve better of foreigners. I was in Pattaya last week. Walking down Buakhao heading to hotel after after early am excercise, passing Easy Corner (opposite R-Con Corner), aged westerners on the beer at 07:30am eating breakfast FFS! Come on guys, life is more than that.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Agree 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:29 PM, Freddy42OZ said:

She certainly doesn't sound like a criminal mastermind from this blarp, and no mastermind would trust a Thia gang or even be in the country if they were planning the aledged crime.

Also the Family of the aledged victim were the ones who made the complaint and the accused has a beef eith them over an aldged swindle..... 

Sounds highly suspect to me and the RTP seem very quick of the gun will only a self confested criminals word for it.... almost like their was something in it fir them?

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Totally agree. Land of stoners and losers. Worse than ever which is sad for the people of Thailand who, bless them, deserve better of foreigners. I was in Pattaya last week. Walking down Buakhao heading to hotel after after early am excercise, passing Easy Corner (opposite R-Con Corner), aged westerners on the beer at 07:30am eating breakfast FFS! Come on guys, life is more than that.

I see a few people I've known for years getting on the grog early now, but they don't harm anyone but their livers, and they go home earlier. 

It's probably the younger ones that Smoke dope and booze up big time that get into trouble. 

It's a joke that the THC level of dope now sold everywhere is controlled. 

And meth is on the increase with people in there 50s using it now, combine all 3 and you will have trouble, it's out of hand in NZ, crime everywhere. 

• Sad 1

On 4/20/2024 at 5:58 AM, arick said:

I had a girlfriend at University and she ended up at the old Bailey it was a huge money case and fighting over the children

thanks for sharing

On 4/20/2024 at 4:45 PM, Old Croc said:

I'm an Australian who doesn't think all who come from my country are snow white, as the English do.

It seems you are also blind to irony and carrying a chip on your shoulder against the english. 

but hey, you do you.

"The businesswoman had been alerted to the plot to kidnap her seven year old daughter by a remorseful member of the gang."

"Despite her denials, Pol. Maj. Gen. Theeradet expressed scepticism over Diersten’s claims, stating the police had gathered ample evidence against her. The investigation continues."

I think a gang implies 3 or more people involved. Not too hard for cops to separate members of the gang and see how their stories match up.

16 hours ago, n00dle said:

It seems you are also blind to irony and carrying a chip on your shoulder against the english. 

but hey, you do you.

Thanks for giving me the go ahead. (irony)