Prime Minister urges police to crack down on influential figures

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has directed the Provincial Police Region 8 Commander in Phuket Province to intensify efforts in apprehending individuals with bad influence who continuously violate the law.

He has spoken, made his recommendations, and his job is done. Anything that happens later is not his responsibility. You, I, he and everyone else knows that what is said will be ignored and is unenforceable and will quickly be forgotten, but that is not the point. He has acted, done what he considers to be his job, while actually doing nothing. This happens all the time, at least once a week. Someone makes a declaration and the next day it's ignored and forgotten. But that person has done their job by 'acting'.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has directed the Provincial Police Region 8 Commander in Phuket Province to intensify efforts in apprehending individuals with bad influence who continuously violate the law.

During a meeting to review the police operations at the Provincial Police Region 8 Headquarters, the Prime Minister delivered policy directives, stating that over the past six months, there have been numerous arrests related to drug offenses.

Appreciation was expressed for the rigorous enforcement efforts. Various measures should be employed to apprehend offenders to address the issues more effectively, including continuous management and addressing the issue of online gambling, which has caused distress to the public.

Acknowledging the importance of morale-boosting incentives for the police force, especially regarding housing, it is imperative to ensure adequate and continuous construction of police residences. The government will take care of improving the living conditions of police personnel.

Regarding the development of Phuket province, strict measures should be enforced concerning illegal hotel businesses, ensuring that licenses are issued strictly and that no one operates above the law. This includes stringent oversight of tourism activities and preventing exploitation of tourists for personal gain.

Source: NNT 2024-04-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

influential figures  LOL Who? Tony T....HAVIN A LAF

And the Police scratch their heads, look at each other and ask their fellow cop mates to surrender.

Nope, will never work.

Fair dinkum, this place (Thailand) is FUBAR.

Love it.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Well thanks I know I am, I don't surround myself in gamblers, had a GF who bailed her mother out using my money and I dumped her the same day.

No point in bailing out gamblers, they are addicts and will just continue. 

You're correct, and illustrated my point very well. 

My former employment brought me into contact with all kinds of people. Drug addicts were the least human, by far, always scheming, lying and trying to manipulate people into giving them money for drugs.  That, and looking for things to steal. 

Gamblers aren't much better. An establishment in Jomtien had a trusted long term employee steal 200k baht not too long ago. Rumour has it that gambling debts were the root of the theft. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, zhounan said:

So, influential figures would like to crack down on influential figures?

He could have a word with them himself while they are all sitting around the cabinet table.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

You're correct, and illustrated my point very well. 

My former employment brought me into contact with all kinds of people. Drug addicts were the least human, by far, always scheming, lying and trying to manipulate people into giving them money for drugs.  That, and looking for things to steal. 

Gamblers aren't much better. An establishment in Jomtien had a trusted long term employee steal 200k baht not too long ago. Rumour has it that gambling debts were the root of the theft. 

Gamblers are the worst, other addictions are to a degree self limiting, there is only so much alcohol or meth one can consume on a daily basis, There is no limit to what a gambler can lose in a day.   Day after day  A house or a car can be gone in seconds, even just at the card table in the village

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, ujayujay said:

So where starts Mr. Srettha......with Thaksin:post-4641-1156694572:

How about with all the generals still alive from all the military coups who stole the country, yet who have NEVER been punished in any way.

• Love It 2

On 4/20/2024 at 12:39 PM, newbee2022 said:

For good or bad?😳

The influence has not always been by people, what has given the last unelected illegal coup led by a soldier and allowed him to stay in power for 9 years? Of course there was people involved, but how long would he have stayed in power without the guns and tanks?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 1:59 PM, brianthainess said:

Well thanks I know I am, I don't surround myself in gamblers, had a GF who bailed her mother out using my money and I dumped her the same day.

No point in bailing out gamblers, they are addicts and will just continue. 

You gave your girlfriend access to your money??

Yeah,

That's it, as usual, go after the small fish.

Why not clean your backyard, with a criminal leading you all like a bull by the horns in your own Pheu Thai party?

Nah, no balls!

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

You gave your girlfriend access to your money??

This was nearly 20+yrs ago No after a 2yr relationship I brought a 2nd hand car, I foolishly put it her name, she had already asked me to pay her mums debt, and I had refused ( I only had a tourist visa and was very naïve then), one morning I woke up to find her and my car gone, she sold it the same day, she said she would come back to me if I wanted. As if. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

This was nearly 20+yrs ago No after a 2yr relationship I brought a 2nd hand car, I foolishly put it her name, she had already asked me to pay her mums debt, and I had refused ( I only had a tourist visa and was very naïve then), one morning I woke up to find her and my car gone, she sold it the same day, she said she would come back to me if I wanted. As if. 

I've got a friend who in the early 90's let his gf stay in his condo while he was working abroad for a month. He returned to find the lock changed on the condo and his Mercedes.  The "gf" directed him to her lawyer. He paid 30 grand to get his condo and car back. 

What amazed me was his gratitude for the experience.  He kept the woman as a close friend, but never let another woman stay in his home for more than a night.

He went on to rent out that condo, bought another rental unit, and a beautiful house for himself, none of which would have been possible with a blood sucker attached to him.  The man worked insane hours to build his fortune and women don't endure being left alone, no matter how comfortable the lifestyle.  Ask a gardener. 

The gentleman semi retired a few years ago and found a good woman to enjoy his life with. She's a few years younger, attractive, and a good companion. He happily flies her around the world and pays the bills yet has managed to shield his wealth from being taken by the family court system.  Quite an interesting man. 

• Like 1