ThaiPost getting into banking??? Could someone clarify?

This is not a new idea as in australia the banks have been closing in the hundreds in the last few years and at  most of the ones  still open you cannot withdraw or deposit CASH.so they have done a deal with Australia Post to take over their business for them but the customers are not happy because Australia is a big country and many small towns now dont have a bank nor a Post Office and have to travel hundred of kilometres over rough gravel roads to do their banking.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:47 AM, wavodavo said:

This is not a new idea as in australia the banks have been closing in the hundreds in the last few years and at  most of the ones  still open you cannot withdraw or deposit CASH.so they have done a deal with Australia Post to take over their business for them but the customers are not happy because Australia is a big country and many small towns now dont have a bank nor a Post Office and have to travel hundred of kilometres over rough gravel roads to do their banking.

I have always thought of Australia as a very advanced country. This item about the banks is surprising.

So did I but its all about saving money and cutting staff even though the biggest banks are making arouhd 1 $billion dollars every 6 months.In fact 2,100 bank branches have closed in Australia since 2017 and the towns that still have a bank branch have moved  it  into a shopping mall and have only 1 ot 2 staff instead of 20+ before and some only open for half a day.  Lately there has been a large number of internet only banks open up that dont even have a branch.I think its B.S if you ask me.