House approves $95 billion in aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan

stats

Johnson temporarily dodges ouster vote as House passes foreign aid

Conservative rebels are hoping the week-long recess will build support for their pending effort to boot the speaker

Speaker Mike Johnson ultimately succeeded in passing foreign aid Saturday, after months of fierce infighting over sending additional funds to Ukraine.

Whether he can survive a looming effort to boot him from the speakership still remains to be seen.

Johnson had plowed ahead with the votes to send money to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan despite rising conservative anger — passing every part of the foreign aid plan with widespread Democratic help. Some Republicans are openly entertaining the idea of backing the ouster threat led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), but those already backing the effort opted to wait on triggering the vote. Instead, they indicated members should go back home and hear from their constituents.

(more)

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/20/johnson-mvp-house-foreign-aid-00153497

Screenshot_5.jpg.08a52803503a4e2b44ceffb3f5802e07.jpg

Per Reuters:

The vote on passage of the Ukraine funding was 311-112. Significantly, 112 Republicans opposed the legislation, with only 101 in support.

The Israel aid was passed 366-58, had 37 Democrats and 21 Republicans in opposition.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-house-vote-long-awaited-95-billion-ukraine-israel-aid-package-2024-04-20/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The trump cultists hope we'll forget. It's a fair bet unfortunately. 

59 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Who told you that?  

Appears Biden was saving it as a campaign issue after him and his “Border Czar “ did absolutely nothing for three and a half years except open the floodgates at the border.

Forgotten or ignored already.

• Like 1

The only change in the disparity of relative quality in years of life since the proclaimed defeat of communism and fascist  authoritarianism since ww2 are the flags of sycophantic nations that bow to the flag featuring an endangered eagle.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, candide said:

Interesting. Do you have statistics about it? 😁

I  would  recommend referral to IMF debts.

Alternatively  you could pay me to work  for you but my rates to come out of retirement  will be horrendous !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

I  would  recommend referral to IMF debts.

Alternatively  you could pay me to work  for you but my rates to come out of retirement  will be horrendous !

Lol! It's you who made a claim, you need to back it with evidence, not ask other posters to do it for you!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I rember Winston Churchill saying something about American support during ww2 it went something like…the Americans always do the right thing after exhausting every other possibility first or something like that.I for one (of the majority of Americans) am delighted to see some small bit of resistance to trump from the republicans it is a step in the right direction salva Ukraine 🇺🇦 

Speak for yourself.  Not everyone follows in your beliefs.

Can you account for where the millions have gone already or where the billions will ACTUALLY go to?

You would think with all the billions he would be able to buy a decent suit instead of trying to look like a front line soldier in his cammos EVERYWHERE he goes.

Edited by stats
unsubstantiated misinformation claim removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

Several off-topic and bickering posts have been removed, along with some unsubstantiated claims.

Please stick to commenting on the topic, and not on fellow forum members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1