Are You Reading AI-created Fake News?

Bangkok

Breaking News: Bangkok’s Street Food Stalls Engage in Hilarious “Pad Thai Battle”

Bangkok, Thailand — In an unexpected twist, the bustling streets of Bangkok turned into a culinary battleground yesterday as rival street food vendors engaged in a playful yet intense “Pad Thai Battle.”

The Great Noodle Showdown:

It all began near the iconic Victory Monument, where two neighboring pad Thai stalls—Pad Thai Queen and Noodle Ninja—decided to settle their longstanding rivalry. Instead of resorting to heated arguments or price wars, they opted for a more entertaining approach.

The Rules of Engagement:

1. Noodle Slingshot: Each vendor had a giant slingshot loaded with cooked pad Thai noodles. Their goal? To fling noodles onto the other stall’s wok without getting caught.

2. Chili Pepper Volley: The vendors took turns tossing fiery chili peppers across the narrow alley. The catch? The peppers had to land directly in the opponent’s spice mix.

3. Wok Spin-Off: The highlight of the battle was the synchronized wok-spinning routine. Both vendors spun their woks like seasoned breakdancers, creating a mesmerizing spectacle for onlookers.

The Crowd Goes Wild:

Word spread quickly, and curious passersby gathered to witness the spectacle. Tourists, locals, and even stray cats formed a cheering audience. Spectators placed bets on which stall would emerge victorious.

Pad Thai Queen’s Secret Weapon:

Pad Thai Queen, known for her silky noodles and secret sauce, surprised everyone by donning oversized sunglasses and a feather boa. She twirled her wok like a disco ball, earning applause and laughter from the crowd.

Noodle Ninja’s Stealth Moves:

Noodle Ninja, on the other hand, relied on stealth. He wore a ninja mask and moved silently, dodging incoming noodles with ninja-like agility. His wok spins were so rapid that they created a mini cyclone of noodles.

The Grand Finale:

As the sun dipped below the horizon, both vendors faced off for the ultimate challenge: a pad Thai toss-up. They flung noodles high into the air, creating a noodle rainstorm. The crowd erupted in cheers as noodles rained down like confetti.

And the Winner Is…:

In a surprising twist, the battle ended in a tie. Pad Thai Queen and Noodle Ninja hugged, exchanged secret spice recipes, and promised to collaborate on a fusion dish called “Ninja Queen Pad Thai.”

Legacy of Laughter:

The “Pad Thai Battle” has become an instant legend in Bangkok. Locals now gather at the same spot, hoping for a rematch. Meanwhile, tourists snap selfies with the wok-spinning vendors, immortalizing the day when noodles became weapons of joy.

Disclaimer: This article is a work of fiction created by GPT4. Any resemblance to real events or persons is purely coincidental. 

• Confused 1

I could write posts or reply posts based on any type of persona, style, goal, amount, use a residential proxy and nobody would be able to know.

In fact, how sure are you my posts are not automated based on my writing style. None of you guys would know.

This is similar to the dead Internet theory: all real opinions, of real relatable humans, are wiped away from your view without knowing it.

instead the rest is then filled up with mainly robots, which you think are fellow expat users, to then be able and steer the audience into specific directions / opinions / political choices etc etc etc.

It is so easy to manipulate the average internet user, my custom gpt can tell a thai girl being out for money by pasting 5-10 of her messages. I trained it on thai real life scenario’s data lol.

I could make this forum look busy again by using AI and bots.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Fake news was rampant long before AI came along

What difference does it make if it's generated by a computer or another human being?

A lot but the answer is too long to even start about, you lack the knowledge.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

A lot but the answer is too long to even start about, you lack the knowledge.

No one is ever going to stop lying to you. 

Human beings will continue to lie. And AI will lie. 

You need to increase your level of discernment as to what information to take in and what information to avoid and increase your intuition.

But also, will it be possible that one day we will have our own AI assistants and we can ask our AI assistant if another AI is lying to us? 

Like ... what do you make of this news story, C3P0?

MPC Star Wars C-3PO (C3P0/C3PO) Android, 1-1913

Edited by save the frogs

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

i am not a bot. beep bop. 

When testing “normal people” they actually most times pick the human writing sluggish over the AI ones, and this was of 2-4 years ago, today they are 10-20x better.

You wouldnt know really: most articles are 80% AI already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

You need to increase your level of discernment as to what information to take in and what information to avoid and increase your intuition.

But also, will it be possible that one day we will have our own AI assistants and we can ask our AI assistant if another AI is lying to us? 

Doesnt work like that, too hard to explain, its complicated.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Doesnt work like that, too hard to explain, its complicated.

Laugh what you want, the owners that run AI bots and software, laugh harder.

Its like legal slavery, exploiting chips for chips.

i could potentially learn more about someone, than they know about themself and their life, themself…

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

AN INTERNET ON LIFE SUPPORT

I used to think that the Dead Internet theory was just that—a theory, and an improbable one. Bots existed, but it was unlikely that the relatively dumb bundles of code behind them could have wiggled their way into every nook and cranny of the internet, generating nearly all of its content. 

But with AI, it’s now possible that such a thing may happen, that AI could come to generate the majority of the content we humans see on the web. Indeed, a 2022 report from European law enforcement agency Europol pointed out that experts believe that as much as 90% of online content may be synthetically generated by 2026—90%! 

If that’s the case, humans who want to engage with other humans and their creations may, for the first time in decades, have to avoid the internet and—gasp—return to the real world for authenticity. Sure, you won’t find shrimp Jesus there, but at least you’ll find some genuine human connection.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91092650/dead-internet-theory-true-tiktok-ai-influencers

It's clearly fake. No serious author would write - "The crowd erupted in cheers as noodles rained down like confetti." And that was just one among many absurd lines. 

Anyway - AI - if prompted - admits its unable to create nuance - and human's are not as consistent is style - hence experienced eyes can see it's fake in a couple of lines. 

Also, there's a reverse text search available that tells you where the original text was originated - hence how many students are being captured using AI. 

Plagiarism-style checkers are very advanced. While I accept that some people would read that and think it's true, others will uncover the truth in moments and until AI learns how to write like humans and defeats plagiarism software these articles will be called out. 

Now, if you are having a go at certain "news" outlets who have gained a reputation for using AI - they are content spinning to avoid legal consequences including accusations of copyright theft. Content spinning was the scourge of the Internet at one time and it appears to be making a comeback since AI exploded.  

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

AN INTERNET ON LIFE SUPPORT

I used to think that the Dead Internet theory was just that—a theory, and an improbable one. Bots existed, but it was unlikely that the relatively dumb bundles of code behind them could have wiggled their way into every nook and cranny of the internet, generating nearly all of its content. 

But with AI, it’s now possible that such a thing may happen, that AI could come to generate the majority of the content we humans see on the web. Indeed, a 2022 report from European law enforcement agency Europol pointed out that experts believe that as much as 90% of online content may be synthetically generated by 2026—90%! 

If that’s the case, humans who want to engage with other humans and their creations may, for the first time in decades, have to avoid the internet and—gasp—return to the real world for authenticity. Sure, you won’t find shrimp Jesus there, but at least you’ll find some genuine human connection.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91092650/dead-internet-theory-true-tiktok-ai-influencers

This is why Musk is close to demanding subscription only access to Twitter and this week threatened "engagement farmers." As usual, he is ahead of the game. 

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

Like ... what do you make of this news story, C3P0?

MPC Star Wars C-3PO (C3P0/C3PO) Android, 1-1913

Copy and paste this in the search bar - it will take your straight to the article. "Aussie soccer fans slam veteran SBS commentator for sending them to sleep with boring call of one of the best World Cup games ever played: 'He ruined the match'"

That's just google in action. The major players, for example Apple and Amazon, have superb content checking AI. Your idea of a personal AI assistant checking the news will be available to you as an individual within a couple of years max. 

I read people objecting to using AI - it makes as much sense as the blacksmith refusing to drive a car - it's here to stay. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am 76 years old and have NEVER been scammed, or taken in by Fake News. I use my noddle.

How could you possibly know that you've never been scammed?  What if someone scammed you but you never found out about it?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

How could you possibly know that you've never been scammed?  What if someone scammed you but you never found out about it?

Please explain further.

Tracking AI-enabled Misinformation: 802 ‘Unreliable AI-Generated News’ Websites (and Counting), Plus the Top False Narratives Generated by Artificial Intelligence Tools

NewsGuard has so far identified 802 AI-generated news and information sites operating with little to no human oversight, and is tracking false narratives produced by artificial intelligence tools

Last Updated April 15, 2024

"These websites typically have generic names, such as iBusiness Day, Ireland Top News, and Daily Time Update, which to a consumer appear to be established news sites. This obscures that the sites operate with little to no human oversight and publish articles written largely or entirely by bots — rather than presenting traditionally created and edited journalism, with human oversight. The sites have churned out dozens and in some cases hundreds of generic articles, about a range of subjects including politics, technology, entertainment, and travel. The articles have sometimes included false claims, including about political leaders (see example below relating to the Israeli Prime Minister). Other false claims relate to celebrity death hoaxes, fabricated events, and articles presenting old events as if they just occurred."

https://www.newsguardtech.com/special-reports/ai-tracking-center/

17 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I could make this forum look busy again by using AI and bots.

The "bob smith" bot was doing well at that until recently. ISP may have cut it off for lack of payment.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

The "bob smith" bot was doing well at that until recently. ISP may have cut it off for lack of payment.

I wonder how long it will be before people are watching AIs set to "left-wing" argue with AIs set to "right-wing" in online forums.

Or perhaps it's already happening... 🤔 

23 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I am 76 years old and have NEVER been scammed, or taken in by Fake News. I use my noddle.

you have been scammed. we all have. because we don't realize the extent of the ridiculousness and elaborateness of some of these scams. 

• Confused 1

On 4/21/2024 at 4:21 PM, Lee65 said:
Bangkok

Breaking News: Bangkok’s Street Food Stalls Engage in Hilarious “Pad Thai Battle”

Bangkok, Thailand — In an unexpected twist, the bustling streets of Bangkok turned into a culinary battleground yesterday as rival street food vendors engaged in a playful yet intense “Pad Thai Battle.”

The Great Noodle Showdown:

It all began near the iconic Victory Monument, where two neighboring pad Thai stalls—Pad Thai Queen and Noodle Ninja—decided to settle their longstanding rivalry. Instead of resorting to heated arguments or price wars, they opted for a more entertaining approach.

The Rules of Engagement:

1. Noodle Slingshot: Each vendor had a giant slingshot loaded with cooked pad Thai noodles. Their goal? To fling noodles onto the other stall’s wok without getting caught.

2. Chili Pepper Volley: The vendors took turns tossing fiery chili peppers across the narrow alley. The catch? The peppers had to land directly in the opponent’s spice mix.

3. Wok Spin-Off: The highlight of the battle was the synchronized wok-spinning routine. Both vendors spun their woks like seasoned breakdancers, creating a mesmerizing spectacle for onlookers.

The Crowd Goes Wild:

Word spread quickly, and curious passersby gathered to witness the spectacle. Tourists, locals, and even stray cats formed a cheering audience. Spectators placed bets on which stall would emerge victorious.

Pad Thai Queen’s Secret Weapon:

Pad Thai Queen, known for her silky noodles and secret sauce, surprised everyone by donning oversized sunglasses and a feather boa. She twirled her wok like a disco ball, earning applause and laughter from the crowd.

Noodle Ninja’s Stealth Moves:

Noodle Ninja, on the other hand, relied on stealth. He wore a ninja mask and moved silently, dodging incoming noodles with ninja-like agility. His wok spins were so rapid that they created a mini cyclone of noodles.

The Grand Finale:

As the sun dipped below the horizon, both vendors faced off for the ultimate challenge: a pad Thai toss-up. They flung noodles high into the air, creating a noodle rainstorm. The crowd erupted in cheers as noodles rained down like confetti.

And the Winner Is…:

In a surprising twist, the battle ended in a tie. Pad Thai Queen and Noodle Ninja hugged, exchanged secret spice recipes, and promised to collaborate on a fusion dish called “Ninja Queen Pad Thai.”

Legacy of Laughter:

The “Pad Thai Battle” has become an instant legend in Bangkok. Locals now gather at the same spot, hoping for a rematch. Meanwhile, tourists snap selfies with the wok-spinning vendors, immortalizing the day when noodles became weapons of joy.

Disclaimer: This article is a work of fiction created by GPT4. Any resemblance to real events or persons is purely coincidental. 

There have been always fake news in the world as: stolen election (US).

And....do you believe that???😂

22 hours ago, save the frogs said:

you have been scammed. we all have. because we don't realize the extent of the ridiculousness and elaborateness of some of these scams. 

Examples please.

Are You Reading AI-created Fake News? 

Not necessarily fake news but certainly AI generated by Thaiger and reposted on AseanNow. At least Tim Newton is calling it out. Standards need to be drastically improved. 

On 4/22/2024 at 2:56 PM, BangkokReady said:

I wonder how long it will be before people are watching AIs set to "left-wing" argue with AIs set to "right-wing" in online forums.

Or perhaps it's already happening... 🤔 

Well, in a similar vein, the AI chat-bot (Natachata) that I wrote almost 20 years ago did just that!  I programmed it so that if an end-user was abusive to the chat-bot (believing it to be a real person) then the program would reply back with the most abusive 'put-down'.  The end-user felt compelled to reply and argue with the chat-bot, and then be on the receiving end of yet more abuse and withering comments about his virility, manhood etc.  And so the argument would continue... with the end-user willingly paying out 1.50 quid each time to receive the abusive text message!!

Believe me - I made a lot of money from AI all those years ago 🙂

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3503465.stm

9 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The end-user felt compelled to reply and argue with the chat-bot, and then be on the receiving end of yet more abuse and withering comments about his virility, manhood etc.  And so the argument would continue...

I think it might have broken loose, cloned itself a number of times, and found a home within the AN community... 🤔

• Haha 1