Canadian National Arrested for Cocaine Possession and Illegally Working in Phuket

webfact

8 hours ago, blazes said:

thought at first glance it was a woman.

I do hope he is not deported to Trudeau's utopia...too many of his type already there.

😀 Thought The same.

5 hours ago, stoner said:

the high road would of been to leave the insults out of it. sorry. 

Look, I don't get a lot of practice going at people who defame Canadians. Most people are nice to us. Give me a bit of time to refine my ripostes. And of course, thanks for saying "sorry".

5 hours ago, Aussie999 said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...cops aren't interested". 

Where was that reported?

Where was it reported that they were... Mr Thai appologist..

The point is, Mr gratuitous Thai-basher, that you made a specific claim that the police weren't interested in his source and you do not know that to be factual, I did not make any such claim.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading the full article, all will be explained and your guesswork will be obviated.

Full article doesn't give more info. You don't know <deleted>.

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You are spot on.

It is the method used to prove he was selling the drugs which carries a far more severe sentence as opposed to buying to use.

I don't think he needs to worry about work permits where he is going.

Yeah, exactly, but it says 'possession'. It seems another low effort article but from the comments here, it seems the boomers just swallow everything.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

They copied the money before the UC used it so they had proof the money the suspect had was the same the UC used.

But it says they charged him with "possession of illegal drugs for personal use." - not with trafficking/selling drugs.

And they don't say what he was doing for the "working without a work permit" charge.

Exactly. You are one of the few who gets it as well. It's very weird that they charged him with possession instead of selling. I think it's just another trash article missing all the key info. Was it selling or just possession. Huge difference.

11 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Evidence to see what bills are used in the transaction, relatively normal.

So, the foreigner was the buyer, yes, as he was charged with possession and not selling the drugs, right? So, the foreigner paid the money, why print a copy of it. Got it? Or the article is trash and he in fact was charged with selling or the cops made a mistake and charged him wrong.

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading the full article, all will be explained and your guesswork will be obviated.

Full article doesn't give more info.   You don't know <deleted>.

It provides the information that you asked for and it seems that I know a shltload more than you do.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It provides the information that you asked for and it seems that I know a shltload more than you do.

Quote where the article says why the cop had a printout copy of the money and the money which would make only sense if the foreigner was the seller. Also quote why he was charged with working without working permit.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Excogitator said:

Do you need a work permit to be a drug dealer?

He'd have to be a real Tom Sawyer to support himself with 2 pills and some powder residue on a bag .

2 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

He'd have to be a real Tom Sawyer to support himself with 2 pills and some powder residue on a bag .

Well, everyone has to start somewhere.

Sell the 2 pills and the residue today, buy 4 pills and a sprinkling of powder tomorrow, then repeat.. Before you know it you'll have a box of pills and a baggie, and then sky's the limit...

17 hours ago, ronster said:

Such an in-depth article 🙄

So many details missing in the story . It says they charged him with personal use , but they had photocopies of money used in the sting . Usually that is when they are trying to buy from him and they use their notes as proof . If he was caught buying from them is that not entrapment of some sort ? 

I hate to say this, but get used to it. The Thai Media only prints  what is told, they ask no questions and investigate nothing. 

Every once in awhile you will get a follow up to a story, but that typically only happens when it's related to other news. 

I've been hoping for decades for things to change. The BBK post did have some decent reporters in the late 90's / early 2000's but they were all expats and spoke to loudly and eventually needed to depart Thailand. (not by choice)

21 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

How do you get caught with two pills and 0.3 grams of coke? He must have bought the dope from a cop or a snitch.

Snitch probably, they Snitch on their own as well. Money is tight, using in Thailand is crazy, crazy anywhere. 

13 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

So, the foreigner was the buyer, yes, as he was charged with possession and not selling the drugs, right? So, the foreigner paid the money, why print a copy of it. Got it? Or the article is trash and he in fact was charged with selling or the cops made a mistake and charged him wrong.

You obviously can't figure this out and i ain't doing it for you.

13 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I am Canadian, and I do hope this guy is deported and banned from Thailand for at least 5 years if not longer.

Harvey

I don't want to wish ill on the man, but being tolerant of drugs is what made Vancouver the mess it is today. Maybe they could let him stay if he agreed to receive electric shocks to his genitals and ample bosom