Canadian National Arrested for Cocaine Possession and Illegally Working in Phuket

webfact

Such an in-depth article 🙄

So many details missing in the story . It says they charged him with personal use , but they had photocopies of money used in the sting . Usually that is when they are trying to buy from him and they use their notes as proof . If he was caught buying from them is that not entrapment of some sort ? 

mmmm....what an impressive undercover narco cop sting operation making front news for.... 2 X pills and 0.30 g of C....Ricardo Tubbs & sonny crockett must be applauding...Pathetic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mmmm....what an impressive undercover narco cop sting operation making front news for.... 2 X pills and 0.30 g of C....Ricardo Tubbs & sonny crockett must be applauding...Pathetic

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Why does the 'cop' have a print out copy of the money and the money? This makes no sense?

They got the money from the buyer of the drugs. Ok. So, then they printed a copy of the money? And present the money? What? 🤣

In that way, it looks like the cops bought the drugs from him because then they found the 2,000 at his location and had a printed copy of it to proof it was used to buy the drugs. Well, and then they charged him with selling the drugs without work permission 🤣.

Whatever, I guess.

You are spot on.

It is the method used to prove he was selling the drugs which carries a far more severe sentence as opposed to buying to use.

I don't think he needs to worry about work permits where he is going.

36 minutes ago, ronster said:

Such an in-depth article 🙄

So many details missing in the story . It says they charged him with personal use , but they had photocopies of money used in the sting . Usually that is when they are trying to buy from him and they use their notes as proof . If he was caught buying from them is that not entrapment of some sort ? 

The RTP doesn't recognize entrapment in these cases.

• Thumbs Up 1

The report makes little sense in the real world.

Sure, the whole purpose of the real banknotes backed up by photocopies is to prove selling not possession to use.

In the drug world, there used to be in Thailand, Pure possession ( this has now been removed and replaced) Possession to use, Possession to sell, ( having a quantity larger than what they believe is for personal use) and Possession to sell and caught in the act of selling which is the most severe.

A few years ago, they changed what quantities you needed to have to fall into the different categories, but the picture clearly shows they have him banged to rights on the most serious charge.

Sometimes, the culprit can ' buy his way out of one of the selling charges ' before he goes to court, meaning he is charged with possession to sell and not caught in the act of selling.

That gets a lower sentence. But ecstasy is Class A, and Cocaine used to be Class B.

The Cocaine is marginal, and the ecstasy is a small amount, however still Class A or Class 1.

The money and photocopies can be a problem ( shakedown!)

Edited by Scouse123

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Wow, a police Sting to sell this transvestite 0.3 grams of cocaine for personal use.

I guess they have nothing else to do now that planting/busting tourists for one marijuana joint is no longer possible. 

He was done for working illegally also.

• Haha 1

" two ecstasy pills, and 0.30 grams of cocaine (including packaging)"

Two pills and less than a 1/3 of a gram of coke, the weight of which includes the packaging? In other words, residue.

The police wasted their resources on this?  It's like catching a minnow and posing for a picture with it. 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling video removed.
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, rumeaug said:

Excellent, 4 posts🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

If you had read the article, you'd know that he was the buyer, caught in a police sting.

I read the article but I think my brain might have locked in on the headline where it said "working in Phuket". Excuse me, my mistake. But your sarcastic reply ("If you had read") just reinforces my thinking that there are so many people on this site that thrive on nastiness. Are there really that many unhappy, grumpy expats in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, neeray said:

I read the article but I think my brain might have locked in on the headline where it said "working in Phuket". Excuse me, my mistake. But your sarcastic reply ("If you had read") just reinforces my thinking that there are so many people on this site that thrive on nastiness. Are there really that many unhappy, grumpy expats in Thailand?

So you want to blame your laziness on me?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Why does the 'cop' have a print out copy of the money and the money? This makes no sense?

They got the money from the buyer of the drugs. Ok. So, then they printed a copy of the money? And present the money? What? 🤣

In that way, it looks like the cops bought the drugs from him because then they found the 2,000 at his location and had a printed copy of it to proof it was used to buy the drugs. Well, and then they charged him with selling the drugs without work permission 🤣.

Whatever, I guess.

Have you missed your doctor's appointment.........?  🤔

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...cops aren't interested". 

Where was that reported?

Where was it reported that they were... Mr Thai appologist... I will not enter into any more discussion,  on this, with you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

maybe squeeze in a few more insults and personal jabs next time. 

Hope so, cos he was obviously talking utter rubbish. But that is this place all over, anyone looks slightly different in a news story and the boomers come out to whine about made-up <deleted>e in their home countries. 

9 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

So you want to blame your laziness on me?

It wasn't laziness. It was a brain fart. But at least I took accountability for it. A hell of a lot  more than I can say for you. Sorry that you are an unhappy expat (not really).

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

It's AseanNow buzzword bingo! 

Don´t know anything about that, but if you say so, I will take your word for it. you sound like a professional.