Scouse Scallywags?

draggons

Just been watching the news on channel 3. Some poor car owner in BKK came out to their car to find it up on bricks and all the wheels gone :D

Just wondering if there might be a renegade gang of scoucers on the loose. :o:D:D

Just been watching the news on channel 3. Some poor car owner in BKK came out to their car to find it up on bricks and all the wheels gone :D

Just wondering if there might be a renegade gang of scoucers on the loose. :o:D:D

Used to see that when I was working in Khartoum, '87-'89.  Usually battery and radio/cassette gone, too.  Was talking to a Sudanese business man one day who'd just lost his car to thieves.  He said he'd probably get it back with just the easily removeable removeables gone.  Problem was, he said, that there's not much of a market for stolen cars in Sudan but there is for spare parts and the like.  So the thieves swipe the car, do minimal stripping, leave it for the police to find, sell off what they've stripped.  The car owner is somewhat happy, he gets his car back, buys replacements for what's gone MIA, and then hopes that the same thieves don't steal the car again, which oftimes happens.

Mac

I had a friend who left his car at the airport for a couple of days while he went to Chiang Mai. Came back and the spare tire was gone! So much for guards and expensive parking.

<snip>

I guess they have to resort to stealing wheels as suing the Or Bor Tor for tripping over uneven paving stones would get them laughed out of court.

Just wondering if there might be a renegade gang of scoucers on the loose

One of the reasons I like it here, is that I don't automatically get (UK) regionally stereotyped by plankton everywhere I go.

And it's 'Scousers'

Just wondering if there might be a renegade gang of scoucers on the loose

One of the reasons I like it here, is that I don't automatically get (UK) regionally stereotyped by plankton everywhere I go.

And it's 'Scousers'

Agreed. I have no idea why the above is considered acceptable, whilst eg. "renegade gang of black guys on the loose" would (quite rightly) not be.

Edited by bkkbaz

I hope that one day you are not in desperate need of Visa advice. Our resident expert might tell you where to get off. Fortunately he also has a good sence of humour :D

I realised it was said in jest but I still didn't like it. I have lived in Liverpool for 19 years and find Scousers the best possible people, friendly, helpful, and yes, with a GSOH! Oh, in all my 19 years I have never once been the victim of a crime - not to say it doesn't exist, of course it does. What city doesn't have crime?

I hope that one day you are not in desperate need of Visa advice. Our resident expert might tell you where to get off. Fortunately he also has a good sence of humour :D

Nah, us lot don't bear grudges. I'd just charge and arm and a leg (in addition to having the wheels off his motor) :D

Scouse.

Nah, us lot don't bear grudges. I'd just charge and arm and a leg (in addition to having the wheels off his motor) :D

Scouse.

Hey, I had to look it up, ignorant SOB that I am, and you folks speaking foreign tongues!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Mac

Oregon, US of A!

My first thoughts were that the owner was lucky they left it up on bricks rather than dumping it down on its wheel hubs.