Plant-based meat popularity fuels new ventures in Thailand

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

As far as I'm concerned if the average person had to slaughter, and dress a cow, a lamb, or a pig, most would not be eating meat. 

It would be interesting to see a legitimate poll taken. I am an average person, I've never hunted but am not opposed to it. I have no desire to personally kill an animal.

But if it was required to kill a cow or pig occasionally I would have no problem doing it. I wouldn't enjoy it, but I am never going to switch to fake meat.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Meat is murder, eating it is a disgusting and unnecessary habit 🙂

eating anything is murder.  you want to live ... you kill ...

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So the poularity of this rubbish is growing? If it is it wouldn't be by much. Vegans are nutters and a miniroriy interest/pressure group. Humans are animals of the omnivore variety. This is a scientific fact. Personally I like meat from an animal not fake meat made by scientists/chemists.

Have you ever been inside a working slaughterhouse ?

17 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

No but I helped slaughter a sheep. The chops were delicious after it had been hung for a couple of days.

51 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

You should also suggest that meat eaters be required to read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. It has been known to turn meat-eaters into vegetarians.

No one is forcing anyone to eat plant based meat-substitutes. But likewise no-one can deny that the vegan & vegetarian market is huge and continuing to grow. India alone has about 185 Million vegans.

Vegan-Food-Market-Size-2021-to-2030.thumb.jpg.378357e1f3542880543639a84c41cec1.jpg

statista.thumb.png.edd03c5709785fb63e6296db96581277.png

FWIW - I love my meat too much to ever consider going full Vegetarian. But that's not to say that I can't enjoy a vegetarian meal and I find the new meat-substitutes have excellent taste & texture.

Until a few years ago they didn't compete - now there's almost nothing to differentiate the real & the faux product. Some people may not even pick the difference in a blind taste test.

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

eating anything is murder.  you want to live ... you kill ...

Only if you are killing animals and fish, i'm all in favor of eating dogs though

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, proton said:

Only if you are killing animals and fish, i'm all in favor of eating dogs though

do you not understand how many animals must die?
so corporations can clear heavily vegetated land with a thriving ecosystem and lots of wildlife
so corporations can grow GMO monocrops like soy with chemical fertilizers
destroying the soil and the once thriving environment
but as long as people get their tofu and soy milk, then all is fine and forgotten.......

15 minutes ago, patman30 said:

do you not understand how many animals must die?
so corporations can clear heavily vegetated land with a thriving ecosystem and lots of wildlife
so corporations can grow GMO monocrops like soy with chemical fertilizers
destroying the soil and the once thriving environment
but as long as people get their tofu and soy milk, then all is fine and forgotten.......

Not a fan of avocado & almond farms, as they kill a lot of bees in the process.  As if they need help being killed off already.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I've sliced & dice deer, venison sausage, aroi mak mak, so nothing in a slaughterhouse is going to upset me.  Killing something, plant, mammal, fish, bird, it's life, and all creatures do it to survive.  

You don't kill ... you die :coffee1:

Paying someone to do it for you, makes no difference.

• Love It 1

27 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not a fan of avocado & almond farms, as they kill a lot of bees in the process.  As if they need help being killed off already.

i am not a fan of any chemically fertilized monocrop farm.

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

have you ever been in a working food plant/factory?

you may be surprised how much of the sludge is produced and how many solvents and chemicals are used,
you should not need a factory to be able to produce food.
Bet you cannot wait for Tuesdays.

Edited by patman30