International schools with tuition fee discounts for foreign students

Hi,

I know Berkeley School can offer a 50% discount on tuition fees if you register your child under their foreign passport for certain nationalities.  I have also seen comments on here on older threads that some other International schools may also offer similar discounts.

Does anybody know of other Schools in Bangkok that do/might?

Even with 50% discount that is still like near 30K a month for Berkeley, if that is even still the case or true. Never heard of any discounts with schools that are in the lower pricing schemes so I doubt it, might be at schools with similar fees of 500K + a year.

2 hours ago, Millian said:

Hi,

I know Berkeley School can offer a 50% discount on tuition fees if you register your child under their foreign passport for certain nationalities.  I have also seen comments on here on older threads that some other International schools may also offer similar discounts.

Does anybody know of other Schools in Bangkok that do/might?

Are you sure that 50% discount on tuition fee and not admission fee ? (schools also call this entrance / registration fees).

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you sure that 50% discount on tuition fee and not admission fee ? (schools also call this entrance / registration fees).

Yes tuition fee.

I have two friends whose children study at Berkley and they received the discount. They did used to advertise it on the site in around 2021.

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Even with 50% discount that is still like near 30K a month for Berkeley, if that is even still the case or true. Never heard of any discounts with schools that are in the lower pricing schemes so I doubt it, might be at schools with similar fees of 500K + a year.

Indeed, still rather pricey. Although the discount makes it cheaper than some of the mid priced international schools such as Wells, International Community School, Bangkok Prep, Regent's International School, etc.

Do you recall which schools?

With the discount, the most expensive year at Berkeley is 140k cheaper than the cheapest school on my current short list, Wells International.

Google "internattional schools and tuition in Bangkok, Thailand".  It lists the 138 international schools plus their tuition by grade of those in Bangkok.  Then if you want you can contact certain schools and ask if they provide any discount for certain foreign passport holders. My daughter went to an International school in Chiang Mai and the discounts they did give were either for certain religious memberships or locals that could not affort the tuition but passed the entrance exam and were given free or lower tuitions.  I can't imagine a school providing tuition lowered unless the school is sponsored by a particular country organization but I also know that they sometimes provide scholarships for certain students to keep them returning each year.  Good luck - now school and HS are more expensive than many colleges.