DTA Dual Tax Agreement - Income tax and including pensions between UK and Thailand

Yes. we have all read and heard conflicting reports on the above matter with no clear instructions but today 24th April see a  Zoom meeting with a couple of Tax experts at 5 pm time tonight.
We all know Dave Cameron of the UK Government has been over from the so-called UK government and has been heavily involved with this.

Cut to the chase all pensions and that including the minuscule UK State Pension and the transfer of monies to Thailand are deemed to be taxable income.
We all know that the UK  exempt tax for income tax is bout 12,750 pounds.

In Thailand, the threshold is these:_
a/   1 to 150k Bant is Exempt
b/   151K  to 300K Income Tax is 5%
c/   301k to 500k  Income Tax is 10%
d/  501K  to  750k Income Tax  is 15%
e/  751k   to  1 Mill Income  Tax is 20%
There are others of course but most will not be in those brackets.

Many of us and I have enquired about the addresses of the Tax Office but not one reply and for many pf us we have no tax reference and guess we just have to wait and see.
I have not discussed it with my Thai wife as yet as like to keep things and let me do the worrying and let them chase us?

One thing is for certain we are going to lose more money and yes less money for our Thai families to live on.

Don't the Authorities not know us ex-pats provide the bulk of the money but same same throughout the world but anyway they can get us poor peasants to pay more, they will and more than likely going in their own back pockets and huge bank balances.

One question I was asked by a so-called Tax expert is how old am I and am I married?
Many of our spouse do not work for a company and do not pay income tax but are they entitled to the first 150k Baht and can be added to their married spouse and do not think so but a strange question to ask.
They  always state can give you  an estimate on the tax we might have to pay but no answers yet and yes it still seems no one knows too much.

So we keep quiet and let them chase us and surprised Immigration not asked on our 90-day reporting but stress it is not on the Statute book yet and from 1st January 2024 supposedly.

Cheers all

The reason your age is important because if you are over age 65, you are entitled to a further 190,000 baht in deductions that younger people are not. There are many other TEDA, [perhaps you should read the following:

In total you will likely be eligible for about 500,000 baht in deductions and allowances plus some of your income is likely to be tax free, according to the DTA. Please read the last couple of posts in the thread I sent you and you'll get the picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

The reason your age is important because if you are over age 65, you are entitled to a further 190,000 baht in deductions that younger people are not. There are many other TEDA, [perhaps you should read the following:

mIKE
Yet again thanks ever so much for all if your hard work and yes there are different reads and on behalf of everyone many thanks and not sure about tax forms etc and never submitted one here.
There is a Zoom meeting tonight at 5 pm in Bangkok where 2 tax experts but think you might have covered it.
Mike thanks so much for the information and the work that you do

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1