Senate passes TikTok ban bill, sending it to President Biden’s desk

Social Media

Anyone noticed that so called liberals are suddenly in favour of no freedom of speech,censorship,cancel culture  done a complete 180 on "my body my choice"  and now  fully support the deep state

(CIA,FBI,NSA etc etc) intruding into every aspect of their life ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

Anyone noticed that so called liberals are suddenly in favour of no freedom of speech,censorship,cancel culture  done a complete 180 on "my body my choice"  and now  fully support the deep state

I noticed.

I also noticed that "UK Labour" support people that don't want to work.

I noticed that "Progressives" want to put race relations back 50 years with segregated spaces and 'positive' discrimination.

I noticed that "Democrats" want to remove political opponents via the courts and elect a senile puppet that they can control.

What a time to be alive! 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2024 at 1:20 PM, Irish star said:

BAN this SpyWare , Isolate China 

Isolate China, that's the way to go. That will teach them.

Buy nothing that has any part made in China. You lead the way: throw out everything you own that fits that description, starting with the device you used to make your post.

• Haha 1

^^^ Exactly ,almost everything is made in China it is impossible to isolate China  without incurring a massive degradation to "our" standard of living....I'm all for countries repatriating their manufacturing but it can't happened overnight.

6 hours ago, johng said:

B.S. That's not the issue. The issue is about removing the Chinese shareholder, not about censoring Riot on.

• Confused 1

I read yesterday that the CEO of TikTok US said no way will they sell, and that no way will they part with the algorithm. But perhaps he's lying.

Has Biden got the fortitude to ban the application when so many people (79 million) use it daily before the election. If you took my wife's TikTok away, she might punch you in the eye, and certainly wouldn't vote for you.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

B.S. That's not the issue. The issue is about removing the Chinese shareholder, not about censoring Riot on.

No B.S.

It is completely about censorship and control...facebook,Google etc collect as much if not more "user data"..the difference is they spy for the CIA ,NSA,FBI 

so all's good right ?

Warrantless searches all hunky dorey "for your own protection"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/12/what-is-fisa-warrant-surveillance

41 minutes ago, johng said:

No B.S.

It is completely about censorship and control...facebook,Google etc collect as much if not more "user data"..the difference is they spy for the CIA ,NSA,FBI 

so all's good right ?

Warrantless searches all hunky dorey "for your own protection"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/12/what-is-fisa-warrant-surveillance

I know that. But the aim of the bill is not to increase censorship or surveillance (of course, TikTok is already spied by the NSA, just as Google). It's above removing the Chinese shareholder.

Edit.

It's not only the NSA. Since TikTok servers are located in the U.S. for U.S. users, its data is subject to the same laws as Google and others. It means that the U.S. agencies have the same access as with Google and others.

Edited by candide

1 minute ago, candide said:

It's above removing the Chinese shareholder.

Why the heck does it matter if its a Chinese shareholder  spying on you

or an Uncle Sam shareholder...both are terrible   but having 2

(more's the better ) competiting "systems" at least allows some small degree of diversity of thought,expression,opinion...some would call different opinions mall,miss,diss information or propaganda..I'd say the more speech,viewpionts ,opinions  and platforms to express them the better.

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Why the heck does it matter if its a Chinese shareholder  spying on you

or an Uncle Sam shareholder...both are terrible   but having 2

(more's the better ) competiting "systems" at least allows some small degree of diversity of thought,expression,opinion...some would call different opinions mall,miss,diss information or propaganda..I'd say the more speech,viewpionts ,opinions  and platforms to express them the better.

Since when is China promoting free speech and free thinking? Lol! Try to write Winny the Poo on Wechat when you are in China.

If I have to be spied on by the U.S. only, or by both the U.S. and a fully authoritarian and rival State like China, I prefer to be spied by only by the U.S.

• Haha 1

You fail to see my point that China will allow a "different" set of speech

not free speech no-one allows that  but a different set of opinions to combine many different sets of speech/opinions then you can make up your own mind..

(not the CIA,NSA,CCP well hopefully)

7 minutes ago, johng said:

You fail to see my point that China will allow a "different" set of speech

not free speech no-one allows that  but a different set of opinions to combine many different sets of speech/opinions then you can make up your own mind..

(not the CIA,NSA,CCP well hopefully)

China has no say on what is allowed or not  in the U.S. They cannot "allow" a different set of speech. U.S regulations apply. Since the servers are in the U.S.

Edited by candide
  • Confused 1