Why the hush money case against Donald Trump is on shaky ground

Social Media

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You misread my post, sorry.

Trump covered up Cohen's payment to Stormy Daniels - both FEC and the Feds considered Cohen's payment to be illegal.

No, you are just trying to change the subject because you made something up that that have been shown to be false. 

You stated: "FEC declined to prosecute because the crime was being prosecuted elsewhere."

Nowhere in the document does it say that the FEC declined to prosecute because the crime was being prosecuted elsewhere. You made that part up. 

Unless you want to pretend you were talking about Cohen all along, which we both know you were not. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, legal fees and services are not the same as legal expenses. I thought you owned a number of businesses, or did you make that up too? 

What's your point?

Trump committed business fraud. You can't use semantics to rescue your idol.

The only question is whether it was felony fraud or just misdemeanors.

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, you are just trying to change the subject because you made something up that that have been shown to be false. 

You stated: "FEC declined to prosecute because the crime was being prosecuted elsewhere."

Nowhere in the document does it say that the FEC declined to prosecute because the crime was being prosecuted elsewhere. You made that part up. 

Unless you want to pretend you were talking about Cohen all along, which we both know you were not. 

You lost the plot.

Cohen was the guy who pleaded guilty to the hush money payments.

Trump tried to cover it up with fraudulent business entries.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You lost the plot.

Cohen was the guy who pleaded guilty to the hush money payments.

Trump tried to cover it up with fraudulent business entries.

You stated: "FEC declined to prosecute because the crime was being prosecuted elsewhere."

Unless you want to pretend you were talking about Cohen all along, which we both know you were not

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What's your point?

It's not semantics, it you not understanding the difference. 

You claimed to own a number of businesses, yet you don't know the difference. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Grossing-up payments to cover taxes is a common practice. 

Every month from early 2000 until I retired a few months ago. You? 

To be clear, when your attorney sends you a bill, you "gross up" the amount to cover their taxes?

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow.

You don't understand any of this.

Are you really going to play stupid about this fraud? Tell you what, if you really don't understand this, I will explain it to you, but almost everyone else understands the fraud, and you displaying ignorance won't convince anyone else.

I'm so glad I never put you on ignore as I always get a kick out of you pretending to know stuff when you are just guessing and accusing other posters of not knowing stuff. You accuse me of trolling, but if I was I could never match your expertise in that category. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

What's your point?

That will be decided by 12 people that you are not part of.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

To be clear, when your attorney sends you a bill, you "gross up" the amount to cover their taxes?

The attorney sends the bill to accounts payable.

Surly you know all this, you own several businesses, yes? Or were you making that up as well? 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

The attorney sends the bill to accounts payable.

Surly you know all this, you own several businesses, yes? Or were you making that up as well? 

So why would accounts payable "gross up" an invoice for legal services?

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So why would accounts payable "gross up" an invoice for legal services?

Do you really still not know the difference between services and expenses? 

I find that had to believe, given your claim that you own several successful businesses.

Or were you making that up and you are just another no-nothing blow-hard schoolteacher in Thailand that likes to brag about banging bag girls. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I find that had to believe, given your claim that you own several successful businesses.

Or were you making that up and you are just another no-nothing blow-hard schoolteacher in Thailand that likes to brag about banging bag girls. 

So why would Accounts Payable "gross up" an invoice for legal services?

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So why would Accounts Payable "gross up" an invoice for legal services?

I never said they would gross up an invoice for legal services. 

Or were you making that up too? Again, I think you are just another no-nothing blow-hard schoolteacher in Thailand. It's hilarious that you have a whole thread devoted to you bragging about banging bar girls. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I never said they would gross up an invoice for legal services. 

Or were you making that up too? Again, I think you are just another no-nothing blow-hard schoolteacher in Thailand. It's hilarious that you have a whole thread devoted to you bragging about banging bar girls. 

Your comments seem very confused.

Anyway, the point is that it's not standard practice to gross up an invoice for legal services. Which is what Trump did for Cohen's invoices for legal services.

On 5/9/2024 at 1:35 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Why don't you ask someone that does? Most of us don't have legal services on retainer.

Because nobody grosses up an invoice for legal services.

50 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your comments seem very confused.

Anyway, the point is that it's not standard practice to gross up an invoice for legal services. Which is what Trump did for Cohen's invoices for legal services.

No, it's not my comments that are confused, it's you. 

Do you really still not know the difference between services and expenses? Services are not grossed-up, expenses may be. 

On 5/7/2024 at 3:52 PM, Yellowtail said:

Again, it was reimbursement for legal expenses, not for legal services or fees.

Grossing-up payments to cover taxes is a common practice. 

Trump's accountants grossed up Michael Cohen's invoices.

Why?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

This was my claim: 

Gross-up.thumb.png.16fb85bcce384a6464cb6603e545a13b.png

I don't disagree. It was one of your MAGA friends who asked the question.

But, no, I don't keep an attorney on retainer. I did retain services of an attorney, but never grossed up their invoices.

Edited by Danderman123

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump's accountants grossed up Michael Cohen's invoices.

Why?

To cover the taxes Cohen would be liable for on the expenses Cohen incurred on Trump's behalf. 

Did you not say that you own several successful businesses, how is it you don't know about this? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

To cover the taxes Cohen would be liable for on the expenses Cohen incurred on Trump's behalf. 

Did you not say that you own several successful businesses, how is it you don't know about this? 

You do understand that Trump's accountants labeled payments to Cohen for his legal services, and not expense reimbursement....?

If I get an invoice from an attorney, I pay the billed charges, even if the invoice contains copying charges or other expenses. I don't know any reason to "gross up" an invoice from an attorney.

Edited by Danderman123

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You do understand that Trump's accountants labeled payments to Cohen for his legal services, and not expense reimbursement....?

Source? You're making it up again. 

If I get an invoice from an attorney, I pay the billed charges, even if the invoice contains copying charges or other expenses.

Your attorney does not have a copy machine?

I don't know any reason to "gross up" an invoice from an attorney.

Well, that you don't know does not mean a whole lot. 

I know of a few. 

50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Well, that you don't know does not mean a whole lot. 

I know of a few. 

I am happy that you claim you know why an attorney's invoice should be grossed up, under certain circumstances.

So, back up your claim by an explanation.

If you cannot, feel free to post insults.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am happy that you claim you know why an attorney's invoice should be grossed up, under certain circumstances.

So, back up your claim by an explanation.

If you cannot, feel free to post insults.

Right after you support your that Trump's accountants labeled payments to Cohen for his legal services, and not expense reimbursement, or admit you made it up. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Right after you support your that Trump's accountants labeled payments to Cohen for his legal services, and not expense reimbursement, or admit you made it up. 

You do understand that this is what the trial is about, right?

Let me demonstrate how little you know about this case by giving you the information you lack:

McConney said he later asked Cohen for invoices so he could begin paying him. Cohen sent him an email that said, "Pursuant to the retainer agreement, kindly remit payment for services rendered for the months of January and February, 2017," each for $35,000.