Nice Kind Doctor.

I had an ear infection for the first time in my life which made lose a bit of hearing in one ear. I was very pleased with the treatment and cost by the doctor and his two female assistants. I would like to give them something to show my appreciation. Any ideas?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I had an ear infection for the first time in my life which made lose a bit of hearing in one ear. I was very pleased with the treatment and cost by the doctor and his two female assistants. I would like to give them something to show my appreciation. Any ideas?

Was it a High Street clinic? The ones with green Thai language only signs?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Was it a High Street clinic? The ones with green Thai language only signs?

It is a small clinic with a green cross in the main side street of my small town/village staffed by a doctor and two female assistants, one is I think a nurse and the other at the front desk. Any signs are in Thai.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

It is a small clinic with a green cross in the main side street of my small town/village staffed by a doctor and two female assistants, one is I think a nurse and the other at the front desk. Any signs are in Thai.

The reason I asked is that unlike your local Community Hospital these places have continuity. You get to see the same doctor(s) each time. It's also difficult (impossible) to find a suitable one if you can't speak or read/write Thai. You need Thai help! My local ENT (ear nose and throat) doctor is superb. He and his receptionist (no nurse) speak excellent English. He gave my stepdaughter priority treatment when she was visiting last week because he knew and remembered us. What you intend to do will be appreciated and remembered!

• Thanks 1

Yeah I tend to agree, chocolates are usually a good idea, even fresh fruit, anything to show a kind gesture and appreciation.

I tend to agree with you about the doctors here, I've had many more positive experience with doctors here than I have back in the US, where most of them tend to be very methodical, cold, distant and in a hurry. I've had doctors here really take their time, break things down for me, explain things very clearly, and give me the kind of care that I would never get back in the US for 50 times the price. Same applies to Thai nurses who are generally excellent. 

I prefer the healthcare system here to the healthcare system in the US by many multiples  and that's not even taken into account the reasonable cost. The hospitals here are generally way better than the hospitals in the US. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The hospitals here are generally way better than the hospitals in the US.

In UK the problem is lack of staff and competency. However, our NHS is completely free. I agree that I've received better attention in Thai Government hospitals than in UK.

• Thumbs Up 1