Rats! (beach Rd) Anybody Have Gov't Contact Pls Inform

theseveredhead

gee having traveled in asia for 15 yrs and frequent trips in my teens to mexico i never had a clue.

just returned from India on the 19th. wow youre the picture of the enlightened buddha.

as i stated - there are LOTS of rats (a nest), they were not there before the cans went in and it is a real problem but whatever... spare me the lecture.

As I said rats are a part of life here so no need to get religious on me old boy ! Seen rats in 5 star hotels in Hong Kong, seen rats on board a certain huge cruise ship moored in HK, seen rats all over fire trucks in my travels( I am an engineer) was working in amongst them under a fire truck in Mumbai. Seen them in Sukhumvit, seen them at a large supermarket in Manila etc etc etc. So as I say have got used to them after being here in Asia for 30 years.

Only once have I been disturbed enough to create a furore, and that was on a certain airline at Kai Tak that was about to be pushed back when a rat jumped out of the seat back in front of me jumped on my shoulder and disappeared down the aisle. Flight was grounded !!! not surprising if you have ever seen what these four legged objects do to electrical wiring, and I have seen more than my fair share of Fire trucks needing to be rewired after being munched by rats.

Now if you had said that the the green garbage cans had attracted a family of King Cobras, then I would have fully accepted your posting and had sympathy with you. But as someone else on here has mentioned, the city that you mentioned has its fair share of rats, and not just four legged ones !!

Im very surprised that on my many visits to Pattaya that i had never seen a rat, perhaps the street vendors catch them and cook em up?

Take your eyes of the ladies for a few minutes and sit along the beachfront in the evenings. You'll see plenty...scampering up and down the trees.

I am in a seaside condo in Na Jomtien

We have the whole range:Rats in ceiling (killed them with glued trap near the bin :D .Waiting the next ones :o

We have cobras to coming near swimming pool.Normally frighten a lot the security gards The gardener or a farang owner used to them take them away

Im very surprised that on my many visits to Pattaya that i had never seen a rat, perhaps the street vendors catch them and cook em up?

Take your eyes of the ladies for a few minutes and sit along the beachfront in the evenings. You'll see plenty...scampering up and down the trees.

Only seen the 2 legged ones, you know the ones i mean, the ones with long tails!

"theseveredhead" is right: I never saw these rats at the beachroad before. (yes, near soi 10) But on my last visit in june, I saw dozen of rats at one place. And many people nearby (the rats didnt even try to hide themselves). That is not normal ! I think there are now many big rooms under the footpath. They built it for elecricity, waterpipes etc.. I guess, there are nearly thousands of them in these catacombs. What you see, is just the top of an iceberg....

And the thai people (sorry !) feeding them, throwing the rest of their meals just behind the benches...

"theseveredhead" is right: I never saw these rats at the beachroad before. (yes, near soi 10) But on my last visit in june, I saw dozen of rats at one place. And many people nearby (the rats didnt even try to hide themselves). That is not normal ! I think there are now many big rooms under the footpath. They built it for elecricity, waterpipes etc.. I guess, there are nearly thousands of them in these catacombs. What you see, is just the top of an iceberg....

And the thai people (sorry !) feeding them, throwing the rest of their meals just behind the benches...

wow, beach road is full of rats!! do you think they are dirty ???? what about the girls there??you think they are any cleaner lol??

come on ,wake up ,rats are everywhere.

the only time i was concerned was in carrefour when i saw a rat running from under one pallet to under another on the other side of the rice isle,but did anybodyelse who saw it care??

Thanks for an intelligent and constructive post severed head, take no notice of whether or not they're ''everywhere'', they are disgusting vermin and if they are beginning to infest Beach Road it needs sorting not ignoring.

The rats have been there for ages, all along Beach Road (especially on the beach side). They (usually) don't come out until after dark, when most of the people are off the beach and the vendors have packed up for the day.

I was somewhat amused to see them scamper up and down trees like the squirrels back home. I was walking with a couple of Thai friends one time and we stopped for a break somewhere around soi 8 or 9. Watched the rats for a bit and then two Thai boys came by with slingshots. They were shooting and collecting the rats. I never bothered asking why, maybe because I didn't really want to know the answer ?

If City Hall put a bounty on them, I'm sure the problem would be cleaned up almost overnight. Might not want to eat from the street vendor's carts for a few days afterwards though. :o

• 2 years later...

My workers would take the rats from the cats that lived in the workers camp and bar b q them, always felt very sorry for the poor cat that caught the rat all she would be given was the head and the tail. :)

I have lived in Pattaya for 8 Years, I have been allover and only ever seen one Rat.

It was on the Sukhumvit running under a foodcart,,,, for a moment I thought it might have been my imagination because I had had quite a few Leo Beers. :)

Like someone else said previously, get a couple of Cats if your scared of them going into your Home.

I have 4 Cats, they occasionaly bring me the odd chewed up Mouse as a gift, but if they brought me a Rat, I don't know what I would do, I hate them !!!!!!!!!!

If Beach Road gets overun with them, I am sure City Hall will get the problem sorted.

saintdomingo..

i was a rat catcher / pest controller with a world wide recognised company ( ###Okil ) for nearly 20 years but i live in chiang mai now and im #####d if im coming out of retirement for anyone : )

solve your own problems

dave2

Im amazed pattaya isent over run with rats with all the rubbish lying around, what amazies me is there will be a bin standing there empty and a load of rubbish just chucked next to it and put there mostly by the locals and they will sit there and have there sort of picnic and just leave there left overs and emty cartons etc just where they sat, its a shame they dont take a bit more pride in there country.

Im amazed pattaya isent over run with rats with all the rubbish lying around, what amazies me is there will be a bin standing there empty and a load of rubbish just chucked next to it and put there mostly by the locals and they will sit there and have there sort of picnic and just leave there left overs and emty cartons etc just where they sat, its a shame they dont take a bit more pride in there country.

The rats have to compete with hordes of feral dogs and cats for garbage scraps, and rats would be dinner for cats. This keeps it all in balance.

Put up posters on the Coconut trees :

- FARANG PAYS 10 BAHT FOR EACH DEAD RAT. Mobile : 087........

The thai will clean up faster then you will be able to pay !

Afterwards you ship them to " some neighboring country " and you'll get paid 12,5 Baht each !

Good business.

More serious :

There are twice as many rats as people on earth !

How many are there in Pattaya ? .... better not answer !

Getting rid of plastic bags will be a start.

Getting people to respect nature and not throw anything away, will take at the least 2 generations in Thailand ... it's all about education !