Biden Roasts Trump, Addresses Press Freedom at White House Correspondents' Dinner

Social Media

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

Did joe get a fake dr's note?

Yes.. he got 5 deferments as a student and a final one for asthma.

Trump got 4 as a student and a final one for bone spurs. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Much like "childhood asthma" helped Joe avoid serving his country.  Like I said, it is one thing they had in common. 

Not even close. As you know, Trump's ailment was faked. Biden was born with his.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Trump's was faked.

Sure. And at age 25, Biden's claim of asthma, when he was a teenage lifeguard, played football and baseball, was completely legitimate.  Come on, be real. Both of them used the means that they could to avoid serving in Vietnam.  Student deferments were the most popular. Biden used 5, Dick Cheney used 5, Trump used 4, Clinton used 4 or 5... The last President to actually serve was George Bush the First. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Sure. And at age 25, Biden's claim of asthma, when he was a teenage lifeguard, played football and baseball, was completely legitimate.  Come on, be real. Both of them used the means that they could to avoid serving in Vietnam.  Student deferments were the most popular. Biden used 5, Dick Cheney used 5, Trump used 4, Clinton used 4 or 5... The last President to actually serve was George Bush the First. 

Could be the same. Except. Trump's came from a podiatrist who was a friend with his father for decades AND had been renting space in one of his father's buildings.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Could be the same. Except. Trump's came from a podiatrist who was a friend with his father for decades AND had been renting space in one of his father's buildings.

No doubt it was BS.  Trump was active in sports in university. As was Biden. Both found a 'medical' excuse to avoid the military once their student deferments ran out.  Either one could have entered the military at any time in their university education, had they wanted to. 

• Like 1

No doubt it was BS.  Trump was active in sports in university. As was Biden. Both found a 'medical' excuse to avoid the military once their student deferments ran out.  Either one could have entered the military at any time in their university education, had they wanted to. 

Exactly.

I don't blame anyone for trying to get out of service in the Vietnam war.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I don't blame anyone for trying to get out of service in the Vietnam war.

But I don't accept the wealthy getting a pass just because they have money. Trump came from a wealthy family. Biden didn't

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Ah, nothing like the energetic vituperation of the belligerently uninformed.

Biden is, and has always been, a mediocrity. His stint as VP was supposed to be the equivalent of a gold watch given to a loyal but dull employee upon retirement. Bringing him back to the spotlight only highlighted how desperate the Democrats were.

Yea he’s a dullard(sarcasim alert) how about that nato……revitalized with 2 more top tier members yup a dullard for sure helping checking our biggest foe for less than 5% of our defense budget without spilling American blood….all the positive legislation accomplished so far the chips act infrastructure lowered drug prices for seniors making inroads on childhood poverty helping our brightest minds get an education without mortgaging their future…..Seeding renewable energy……there’s much much more.Yup he’s old yup he tripped over a sandbag…we get it we wish he was younger all that beeing said he’s one magnificent old duffer he rocks!!he gets good stuff done in these fractured times that sir is remarkable in my humble opinion……one might ask why you as a foreigner would be so concerned about competent leadership in America?🇺🇸 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yea he’s a dullard(sarcasim alert) how about that nato……revitalized with 2 more top tier members yup a dullard for sure helping checking our biggest foe for less than 5% of our defense budget without spilling American blood….all the positive legislation accomplished so far the chips act infrastructure lowered drug prices for seniors making inroads on childhood poverty helping our brightest minds get an education without mortgaging their future…..Seeding renewable energy……there’s much much more.Yup he’s old yup he tripped over a sandbag…we get it we wish he was younger all that beeing said he’s one magnificent old duffer he rocks!!he gets good stuff done in these fractured times that sir is remarkable in my humble opinion……one might ask why you as a foreigner would be so concerned about competent leadership in America?🇺🇸 

NATO needs fewer members, not more. Russia is very much not in check, they are just getting ramped up and unfortunately time is running out for any kind of settlement to be reached that will see Ukraine maintain any semblance of independence. The rest seems to be your usual copy/paste of Democratic Party talking points.  

I am concerned about America the same way that the mouse is concerned that the elephant will roll over in its sleep. What happens in the US MATTERS to the rest of the world. Most other countries can afford to have mediocre blowhards in power, like Trudeau in Canada. But the US needs more. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

NATO needs fewer members, not more. Russia is very much not in check, they are just getting ramped up and unfortunately time is running out for any kind of settlement to be reached that will see Ukraine maintain any semblance of independence. The rest seems to be your usual copy/paste of Democratic Party talking points.  

I am concerned about America the same way that the mouse is concerned that the elephant will roll over in its sleep. What happens in the US MATTERS to the rest of the world. Most other countries can afford to have mediocre blowhards in power, like Trudeau in Canada. But the US needs more. 

What Ukraine does is up to Ukraine. If they want to join NATO, great.  If not,  up to them. Not up to Putin

Edited by Roo Island

It is interesting (albeit telling) that Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden Administration, and during the Biden-Harris Administration, but not during the Trump-Pense Administration. 

Would it not have been a whole lot easier for Putin to take Ukraine while his puppet was in the Whitehouse? 

Still waiting, no one? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

It is interesting (albeit telling) that Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden Administration, and during the Biden-Harris Administration, but not during the Trump-Pense Administration. 

Would it not have been a whole lot easier for Putin to take Ukraine while his puppet was in the Whitehouse? 

Still waiting, no one? 

We don't have a crystal ball. Pure conjecture. Next.

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I noticed early on you had little knowledge of Americans and now seeing you're not even American.  Makes your input much more worthless. But I do welcome others discourse as there are two sides to a pancake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I noticed early on you had little knowledge of Americans and now seeing you're not even American.  Makes your input much more worthless. But I do welcome others discourse as there are two sides to a pancake.

Little knowledge? More like little that you agree with, but that is OK.  If it makes me more credible, I HAVE lived in the US for several years. Does that make me more worthy of having opinions? 

Besides, what is more worthless than a bunch of grumpy old expats living in Asia bitching and moaning about what is happening in a place that few of them will ever live in again? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Do you have any idea how ironic your post is?  The founding Fathers established the EC to prevent people like DJT from ever being President .Political Parties have corrupted the original intention.

It is a prerequisite for dedicated MAGA supporters, to have their irony filters deactivated. How else could they make sense of their trains of thought?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tug said:

He doesn't know what he's talking about ,runs his trap about Biden yet has little knowledge of the man.  Non -American,  not that you have to be American to comment on our politics but knowing what you are talking about would help.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Little knowledge? More like little that you agree with, but that is OK.  If it makes me more credible, I HAVE lived in the US for several years. Does that make me more worthy of having opinions? 

Besides, what is more worthless than a bunch of grumpy old expats living in Asia bitching and moaning about what is happening in a place that few of them will ever live in again? 

The amount of your repetition from Fox News is what makes your inputs just what I said.

You are a perfect candidate to try the Fox News Challenge. Go 2 weeks without Fox including the MSM that are now any everyday inclusion of them.

Meet here and tell us what you discovered.

Just now, earlinclaifornia said:

The amount of your repetition from Fox News is what makes your inputs just what I said.

You are a perfect candidate to try the Fox News Challenge. Go 2 weeks without Fox including the MSM that are now any everyday inclusion of them.

It's not just faux news, it's all the dodgy social media sites also. Spewing lies, hatred and misinformation.

12 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Yeah, I dont get Fox where I live, and from the clips I see it isn't particularly interesting. Dogma from the right is as tiresome as dogma from the left. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

It's not just faux news, it's all the dodgy social media sites also. Spewing lies, hatred and misinformation.

Since you seem the expert on the subject, care to enlighten us on what social media we should not be using? All I use is Line.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Since you seem the expert on the subject, care to enlighten us on what social media we should not be using? All I use is Line.

I can only think of one Truth Social as it represents 2% of voters.

Yeah, I dont get Fox where I live, and from the clips I see it isn't particularly interesting. Dogma from the right is as tiresome as dogma from the left. 

Dogma from the left tends to be about the environment and protection of human rights. Dogma from the far right is driven by Trump and his lies and hatred.

• Thanks 1

For news, all of them. Much better sources for factual news than social media sites.

A lot of Americans are now turned off by msm, driven by comments from Trump and the dodgy sites that echo him. So, they have turned to stuff like talk radio in their local area. Dodgy as heck.